Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2017, 11:09 AM

89,008 posts, read 44,813,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
If I identify as a 70 year old person so why can't I retire now on full social security? If race and gender are a choice, then age has to be as well.
Exactly. I'm still 10-plus years away from SS. If I "identify" as older than I really am, I should be able to get full SS benefits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2017, 11:13 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
The best thing to do is just eliminate gender based sports. One team for both males and females.

If females can't make it on teams, tough luck.
Normally I would be against this, but considering this will throw the SJWs in to a full meltdown when they continue to lose to males dressed as females, I'm all for it. Let them reap what they've sown.

Old 06-05-2017, 11:17 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,299,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
And you missed this:

Notice years plural?
I read what she said. I go by the consensus of the medical field that specializes in trans issues that were consulted by the NCAA that said one year hormone therapy is enough. The athletes are tested before hand to show their hormone levels in the range of a female in order to compete as a female. Also considering that of the girls in their youth that play sports through HS, less then 3 percent will be talented enough to compete in a Div 1 college program. The few cases I know of, the trans female athletes were only good enough to compete in a D3 program.

Old 06-05-2017, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Normally I would be against this, but considering this will throw the SJWs in to a full meltdown when they continue to lose to males dressed as females, I'm all for it. Let them reap what they've sown.
They're destroying sports scholarship opportunities for girls/young women. Dems' 'war on women' is in full-bore mode, now. How anyone can be a feminist and vote Dem is sheer hypocrisy and idiocy.

Old 06-05-2017, 11:22 AM

21,124 posts, read 19,707,707 times
I have to hand it to the guy, I wish I would have thought of this. Of course, I would have prefered women's wrestling. Heck, anything that would get me in the women's shower would work.

Old 06-05-2017, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
They're destroying sports scholarship opportunities for girls/young women. Dems' 'war on women' is in full-bore mode, now. How anyone can be a feminist and vote Dem is sheer hypocrisy and idiocy.
No this will not destroy anyone's chance of getting a scholarship, and has nothing to do with politics.

Old 06-05-2017, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
No this will not destroy anyone's chance of getting a scholarship, and has nothing to do with politics.
Yes, it will. Girls/women are at a disadvantage competing athletically against biological/anatomical males no matter how psychologically/emotionally confused the latter may be.

Old 06-05-2017, 12:10 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,671,761 times
I would think the girl that finished second in the 100 metre race, feels ripped off. The advantage boy/girl has, would probably be comparable to the best performance enhancing drugs.

Fairness is what seems to be lacking here -Yearwood's parents didn't seem to instill that in their youngster, and Coach Calhoun doesn't give a ****, as long as he's got a winner.

Old 06-05-2017, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Yes, it will. Girls/women are at a disadvantage competing athletically against biological/anatomical males no matter how psychologically/emotionally confused the latter may be.
Nope, as another poster already pointed out, in the case of individual competition colleges look at times and marks, not where you finish. The athlete in question on this thread would not even be considered for a scholarship unless he starts the hormone therapy in his freshman or the summer between freshman and or early sophomore year.

As far as team sports again recruiters look at the individual skill set and not how well the team does. In many cases concerning women's team sports other then basketball, the most crucial aspect of impressing college coaches is the recruiting video submitted.

Old 06-05-2017, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
Nope, as another poster already pointed out, in the case of individual competition colleges look at times and marks, not where you finish.
The whole point of the OP was to stress the point that the female athletes couldn't post times as fast as the male pretending to be a female.

The same is true in other sports. Physiologically, in general, males are bigger, stronger, have more lean muscle mass, have greater lung capacity, etc., than females. It's just scientific fact.

This push to "identify as any gender you wish and compete as such" will indeed rob female athletes of scholarship opportunities. It's the Dems' 'war on women' in full-bore mode.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies