U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2006, 12:53 PM

1,022 posts, read 3,153,901 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimbercuddles View Post
The only place that I've ever experienced any sort of racial discrimination in my 37 years of life has been Baton Rouge, Louisiana...I'm not talking about a strange look or something I've imagined. Full-fledged blatant disrespect and rudeness. Not just a couple of times...many, many times. Never once had a problem in San Antonio, Minneapolis or even Bossier City/Shreveport. Still trying to figure that out.
when I lived in Gulfport, I was told by 1 perspective employer that I have all the qualifications for the job, But he isn't about to hire a yankee to work in his operation. LOL This was only 10 years ago. Lucky for me I found a guy from Maine who put me to work on his Mullet boat.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2006, 02:08 AM

327 posts, read 174,532 times
You know...if the people who had predjudice feelings towards other races would just smile, be polite and keep it to themselves...I never would have felt uncomfortable! The affirmative action is another subject that, in my opinion, was intended to equalize people, but definitely went overboard.

Old 12-08-2006, 03:29 PM

1,022 posts, read 3,153,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimbercuddles View Post
You know...if the people who had predjudice feelings towards other races would just smile, be polite and keep it to themselves...I never would have felt uncomfortable! The affirmative action is another subject that, in my opinion, was intended to equalize people, but definitely went overboard.
Yes , Yes, Yes, Affirmative action is Definitely way out of control. Alot of AA feel the same way. Unfrotunetly it is the ones, That blame the system for keeping them down, that don't understand it isn't the system it is themselves. When the ones that made it happen speak up like Bill Cosby they all call him a sell out. I never realized bettering your self and your friends ment you are a sell out.

Old 12-08-2006, 04:04 PM
JJG

12,994 posts, read 18,499,577 times
Well, you all know that racism will always exist, and where there is racism, there will be distrust and frustration and the "PC police". But that comes with living in country with several different types of people. I do believe that we should be sensitive...but not to the point where we are seen as racists. I actually hate when my people (blacks) throw the race card when they don't get what they want. It's not all of us, just the ingorant few. I hate when anyone of any race throws out their race card just because they don't get what they want. It's a crutch and it needs to stop. As for the "PC police"...I would really love to get to a point where I don't have to worry about the perception that I'm a racist just 'cause I laugh at a certain joke or something like that.

Old 03-22-2014, 08:58 AM

8,704 posts, read 6,390,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WazzuCoop21 View Post
Okay, let me start out by saying that I am white. Let me also start out by saying that I am not racist and do not hate anyone because of their race. That aside, I came across a post a few weeks ago and a person looking for a place to live that suited him asked, "because of my beliefs, I would like to live in a nice white community". As you may imagine, this led to several immediate replies of 'bigot' and 'racist' from posters on this site. This even led to the removal of this person from this forum. My question is whether or not you believe this action was justified. Honestly, IMO if someone said the same line, word for word, but replaced it with 'black', 'hispanic', or 'asian', there would have been no cries of racism and in fact, many people would be giving their heartfelt advice on communities that they knew of. Have we become so accustomed in America to immediately call someone a racist after making these kinds of statements if it refers to being white? Personally, I feel the internet is a place where free speech should reign supreme, not political correctness and why have the moderators of this site allowed this individual to be censored? Please share your opinions--and I don't mean political talking points, I'd like to hear people's real opinion without fear of upsetting others.
What is there to be confused about? White society has EARNED the need for oversight due to its historical behavior. Face it....white racist history has consequence, most of which hurts blacks and benefits whites.

Old 03-22-2014, 10:43 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,923,592 times
Wow -- really old race thread.

The best way to address race in this country is let people care or not care about their ethnicity and skin color but get the government completely out of it. Remove the racist boxes from all government forms, the census questions and so on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or