Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2017, 09:23 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,845,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
I simply don't see how internet restrictions would work. China has been trying to do it for years.

1) pencil, paper, and postal or hand delivery work just fine
2) placing coded ads in newspapers works just fine
3) radio works just fine
4) the dark net works just fine
5) site masking works just fine

I would actually be pretty surprised if intelligence agencies would support the kind of restrictions you mention. Better to have them plotting in "plain sight" on the regular internet than to force them to use communication methods that are more covert and much more difficult to observe.

There is no way in hell that 'snail mail', and the other "old-school" methods you mention could even reach a fraction of those recruited via internet!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2017, 09:25 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,750,199 times
I'm glad they are operating out in the open. The authorities need to be able to act on what they're seeing online though. And yes I think the focus should be on Islam even if that means profiling and double standards.

Old 06-05-2017, 09:26 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,750,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
They should because its an attack on human rights.

My friend was getting married to her bf but her bf's family said she must wear a burka and my friend refused so the bf ended the engagement.

Sleeping with the enemy.

Old 06-05-2017, 09:26 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,039,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Oh for PETE'S SAKE...... May already did that for those with reading comprehension~“force large Internet companies to ban extremist material" The material itself filters out the scum for anyone to see!
The reality is this impossible without some severe restrictions like those in China and even then it doesn't work, you are playing the world's largest game of whack-a-mole.

Old 06-05-2017, 09:27 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,607,699 times
Quote:
British authorities also are said to be looking at ways to “force large Internet companies to ban extremist material on their search engines and additionally report any content that they find.”

In her address Sunday, May vowed that the Internet could no longer function as a “safe space” for jihadism. Another intelligence source confirmed that May’s focus is very much on the role of the Internet – restricting and monitoring – in the quest to infiltrate where cells congregate and how they communicate.
London terror attack: British officials eye burka ban and stripping citizenship

This is the smartest idea, to come from anyone on a workable step, to put the hurt on these subhuman scum! Every one of us should contact our own government officials and DEMAND that we do the same!

In fact every non-Islamic nation in the world should do this! How about going even further by Tracing them via internet and wipe out their nests!
So silly.

If you know where they are meeting, don't have them move their meeting, monitor it to learn what they are up to.

Old 06-05-2017, 09:35 AM

39,222 posts, read 27,592,812 times
Quote:
British authorities also are said to be looking at ways to “force large Internet companies to ban extremist material on their search engines and additionally report any content that they find.”

In her address Sunday, May vowed that the Internet could no longer function as a “safe space” for jihadism. Another intelligence source confirmed that May’s focus is very much on the role of the Internet – restricting and monitoring – in the quest to infiltrate where cells congregate and how they communicate.

This is the smartest idea, to come from anyone on a workable step, to put the hurt on these subhuman scum! Every one of us should contact our own government officials and DEMAND that we do the same!

In fact every non-Islamic nation in the world should do this! How about going even further by Tracing them via internet and wipe out their nests!
hmm...

My opinion is that by allowing them to post, we grant them the opportunity to reveal themselves.

Terrorists actually take an awful chance by posting anything to the internet. Sympathizers and advocates of terrorism invite scrutiny by law enforcement authorities, and rightfully so, because even if advocacy and sympathy is not in and of itself criminal, it may lead them to actual terrorists.

There is a way to track and trace your cyberstalker, there is a way to catch these potential terrorists. You really need to grant them the opportunity to REVEAL themselves first.

Don't ya think?

Old 06-05-2017, 09:37 AM

833 posts, read 520,605 times
Quote:

If Trump was the first to propose this you'd be beside yourself with indignation.

Old 06-05-2017, 09:43 AM

14,482 posts, read 11,278,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Your language is scary. Reminiscent of Germany in the 1930s, in fact. Just substitute "Jews" and "Jewish" for "Islam" or "Muslims", and you've got a match.

Try to condemn the individuals who did these despicable and atrocious deeds, and those who influenced them, instead. Your net is way too broad and sweeping.
You just insulted 6 million dead Jews.

There were no (zero) European Jews killing innocent people in the name of their religion prior to the Holocaust.

Old 06-05-2017, 09:48 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,845,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus Clay Banger View Post
If Trump was the first to propose this you'd be beside yourself with indignation.

ROTFLMBO! That imbecile would never even come having such an idea!

Old 06-05-2017, 09:53 AM

3,135 posts, read 3,780,625 times
Quote:

Do it....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies