Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2017, 03:52 PM

3,992 posts, read 2,440,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Facts are facts........people are supposed to get an education to do what? We are at 300 million soon. They are going to get an education to do what?
how bout to not be unemployed coal miners for 1......When automation takes over most manual labor how will Americans compete? You plan on out lifting a robot? Let me know how that goes...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2017, 03:54 PM

79,902 posts, read 43,911,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
how bout to not be unemployed coal miners for 1......When automation takes over most manual labor how will Americans compete? You plan on out lifting a robot? Let me know how that goes...
That does NOT answer the question and especially concerning what I replied to. My reply has nothing to do with defending coal jobs.

What jobs are they going to go get educated to do?

Old 06-05-2017, 04:04 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,599,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus Clay Banger View Post
Spot on? That was the longest rant of nothingness i've seen in a long time. The author literally said nothing beyond his opinion - which is abject hate of Trump and rich people.
rubbish the writer clearly points to a number of things that are measureable and real.

the most important is Trump's tax plan. It is a complete betrayal. It shovels monies at wealthy democrats on both coasts and wealthy Republicans while doing absolutely nothing for the middle and lower income.

You can argue it will not go through, but that is besides the point. It remains TRUMP's proposal, and expresses his wishes .

Just Trump's Healthcare and Tax policies should have his supporters out in the streets calling for Trump to step down. But strangely Trumpers are pretending to themselves it is not real and Trump is not "really" asking for these actions.

But we saw Trump's so called healthcare plan, it is a plan to steal money from the middle and bottom and shovel it up to the folks making at least 250k a year. at least but mostly much much more.

Trumps wants to kill inheritance tax. that will very clearly impact the wealthy positively and hurt everyone worth less than 10 million (min it is easy enough to avoid under about that number)

Trump has indeed betrayed his supporters in every way that really means anything. ANY R who got in would have filled the STOLEN SCOTUS seat will a hard right nut job. So what has trump really done for his minions? Absolutely nothing of real worth .

Old 06-05-2017, 04:13 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,599,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
LOL, if they could get it together?

I live in one of those blue wall states and the moderate Democrats who've voted Democrat most of their lives are p*ssed at the constant attacks on Trump. And do you think calling these people uneducated, racist etc is working in your favor? LOL you got alot of straightening up to do.
who cares? These are the folks who voted trump, they are low information and grossly ignorant ref politics. I am fine with losing for decades, i would rather lose than pretend these are smart people.

It was not a question of Hillary vs Trump it was a question of Reason vs ignorance and fear. they chose ignorance and fear. Let them wallow in Red stew for a decade or three, my state will be fine and we can teach our kids to eat their dinners because there are starving children in africa and middle america.

Old 06-05-2017, 04:15 PM

Quote:
That does NOT answer the question and especially concerning what I replied to. My reply has nothing to do with defending coal jobs.

you created a fake dichotomy to begin with- the forthcoming economy will be based on intellect and education, not button pushing...telling people that an education is a waste is disingenuous at best...nowhere did anyone say everyone will become an engineer...and btw -by no means to I advocate everyone needs to go to college, but to make the false dichotomy like you did serves no purpose....

Old 06-05-2017, 04:20 PM

Quote:
you created a fake dichotomy to begin with- the forthcoming economy will be based on intellect and education, not button pushing...telling people that an education is a waste is disingenuous at best...nowhere did anyone say everyone will become an engineer...and btw -by no means to I advocate everyone needs to go to college, but to make the false dichotomy like you did serves no purpose....
I never said education was a waste. Where are all these people going to take their education to get a job?

The statement was all these people out of jobs needs to go get an education.

That manufacturing is not coming back. Where are these educated people going to work?

You can't answer.

Old 06-05-2017, 04:37 PM

Quote:
I never said education was a waste. Where are all these people going to take their education to get a job?

The statement was all these people out of jobs needs to go get an education.

That manufacturing is not coming back. Where are these educated people going to work?

You can't answer.
so where will the uneducated work? Take a look at the economy for those with college degree and those without....It;s not perfect if you have a degree, but it's not good if you don't....

not sure what point your trying to make here?

Old 06-05-2017, 04:40 PM

Quote:
so where will the uneducated work? Take a look at the economy for those with college degree and those without....It;s not perfect if you have a degree, but it's not good if you don't....

not sure what point your trying to make here?
That the "solutions" are not solutions. We do need manufacturing here. There is no reason we can not.

I've told this story before. I went shopping with the wife. She was looking at shoes. I picked a pair of plastic shoes up. $50. Made in China. No one can convince me that we can not make plastic shoes here profitably at $50.

Perhaps not what Wall Street wants but we have to get out of that mind set.

Old 06-05-2017, 04:43 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,622,720 times
Quote:

Why do we have to spoonfeed them jobs? Any other part of the country and the person would be expected to focus on a career, get an education and find a job. The coal jobs have been disappearing for decades. How long are we supposed to coddle them?

What's more, they vilify the educated. They consider an education elitist. What can one do in that scenario? They are going to have to figure it out on their own. We cannot baby them anymore.

Old 06-05-2017, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Why do we have to spoonfeed them jobs? Any other part of the country and the person would be expected to focus on a career, get an education and find a job. The coal jobs have been disappearing for decades. How long are we supposed to coddle them?
Where? There are many unemployed in cities. Where are all of these people supposed to get a job?

300 million getting educated for what?

I'm waiting for an answer. This isn't about coal jobs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies