Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2017, 05:09 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
he could have done more , you are correct.
He did nothing.

Quote:
However, Obama was relentlessly blocked by the GOP on virtually every front. POTUS needs the help of the houses to get stuff done. GOP did everything they could do to block every move Obama made. They did not even hear his pick for the SCOTUS.

imagine no party has ever done that in the History of the USA. But GOP have stooped so low as to not only have stolen a SCOTUS but they are pretending they believe it was morally "OK" and reasonable.

Sure Obama could have done more , but given the unfolding GOP disaster he was handed, and the obstruction by the GOP on a scale never seen before in modern US history, Obama did well to get anything done at all.

and what is more PKnopp, i believe you already know this.
He did not need Congress to stop access to lobbyists. He did not need Congress to end the wars. He asked Congress for the OK to go into Syria, was turned down and did it anyway.

He did not need Congress to not renominate Bernanke. He did not need Congress to pick a Treasury Secretary right out of Wall Streets back pocket. He did not need Congress to prosecute the bankers like he promised.

That he didn't properly take care of any of this is why we have Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2017, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
Sure you expected someone to wave a magic wand and fix "your" problems, when you evidently have no understanding as to the gravity of the devastation in the economic sector, not the nature of protracted war, along with a Republican Congress that would not even face up to the mess they made. You would do well, to read, learn and become willing to face real truths, but that is not going to happen within you nor your mindset.

You likely better try and invest yourself to learn more about what it took to develop a system of Military Industrial complex as it became of its massiveness long before Obama came on the scene, You might want to go back and learn what Eisenhower said, decades ago, and then watch what happened when we went into Vietnam, then you might begin to grasp what and how the Military Industrial Complex grew, then move along to the Reagan Era, and his build up to fight against Soviet existence, and the money put into his Star Wars programming, then you might understand how that equally so multiplied by a x factor the power of the Military Industrial complex. , Maybe you did not know what it became as a build up, once the Soviet Union Fell, when those vacuums were aggressively pursued to be filled... and then Then you might work your way to the First Gulf War, along with the Far Eastern issues that exploded with Serbia and Bosnia.... but surely none of that has entered your mind, because generalized "Selective Amnesia" has become a default commonality among the Republican Mentality when they seek to take no responsibility and install themselves to be in synchronized denials.

Maybe you might even want to go back to Nixon and ask what took place when the doors of China opened and Ore Processing left America as if its was on a Rocket Power sled. You might even want to go and factor elements of the Middle East conflicts.
I'd strongly suggest that you give careful thought to the Economic Down Turn and the De-regulations and the ramification of the Reagan Era on the Economic Spectrum, and move on through to the Bush 1st, New World Order, and the massive explosion of Outsourcing that reached the peaks during the Clinton Administration, and the Economic Crash of the Bush Era.

Now, when you grasp context, then you might understand what is a political challenge that has multiple components, that include war, economic down turn, financial system de-regulations, and political wranglings
of a complex set of variables, I'd also tell you to be mindful of what was, the era of Junk Bonds in a de-regulated climate and you might learn about the economic calamities that fed the mass erosion of industry during the elevated levels of mergers and acquisitions, and you might grasp how banking, insurance, Wall Street and Bond Rating gaming created a mess, that nearly took down the global economy.
When you work your way through some of that to figure that out how to better engage subject factors, then we can talk about further things.

I don't come here to play slap stick joke master games, and lets play Mr. Witty fictions. When your are prepared to engage to discuss events that impact the world and you find the fortitude to deal with the broad and expansive elements of truths factors of History, then ... propose commentary relevant to do so.

Other than that, I'll leave your with your confabulations and move on to do what I do.
Republicans, Republicans, Republicans......just cant' stop yourself can you?

Old 06-05-2017, 05:14 PM

3,992 posts, read 2,456,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
He did nothing.

He did not need Congress to stop access to lobbyists. He did not need Congress to end the wars. He asked Congress for the OK to go into Syria, was turned down and did it anyway.

He did not need Congress to not renominate Bernanke. He did not need Congress to pick a Treasury Secretary right out of Wall Streets back pocket. He did not need Congress to prosecute the bankers like he promised.

That he didn't properly take care of any of this is why we have Trump.

no- the GOP effort to block Obama's every move lead you to think that he did nothing. You were tricked by the GOP- and this lead to Trump....those of us who live in the real world (not the Bernie bros) understand this.....the cry babies who expected Obama to wave a magic wand and usher in Utopia are what led to Trump.....so congrats...

Old 06-05-2017, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
no- the GOP effort to block Obama's every move lead you to think that he did nothing. You were tricked by the GOP- and this lead to Trump....those of us who live in the real world (not the Bernie bros) understand this.....the cry babies who expected Obama to wave a magic wand and usher in Utopia are what led to Trump.....so congrats...
How did the GOP stop him from prosecuting the bankers that broke our laws? (I already know your bogus answer)

Old 06-05-2017, 05:34 PM

3,992 posts, read 2,456,439 times
Quote:
How did the GOP stop him from prosecuting the bankers that broke our laws? (I already know your bogus answer)
I'll save you the trouble..I'm no longer responding to you...I;ve wasted more than enough time on you exposing your glib notions and lack of consistency as several others have done as well, all the while you ignore reality and focus on inane drivel. Enjoy living in the reality you've created for yourself....fact is I should have stopped feeding the troll long ago....

Old 06-05-2017, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
I'll save you the trouble..I'm no longer responding to you...I;ve wasted more than enough time on you exposing your glib notions and lack of consistency as several others have done as well, all the while you ignore reality and focus on inane drivel. Enjoy living in the reality you've created for yourself....fact is I should have stopped feeding the troll long ago....
Right......Trump is going to win again because people want solutions, not someone to vote against.

My question was an easy one if there had been an answer. Obama failed us, Trump won.

Old 06-05-2017, 06:48 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,222,624 times
Quote:
Republicans, Republicans, Republicans......just cant' stop yourself can you?
If the truths are upsetting, I'm sorry, I can't help that.

Old 06-05-2017, 06:52 PM

Quote:
If the truths are upsetting, I'm sorry, I can't help that.
You didn't address a single one of my truths. You blamed "Republicans" even though they did nothing to stop Obama from addressing any of the things I mentioned.

Old 06-05-2017, 07:38 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,222,624 times
Quote:
You didn't address a single one of my truths. You blamed "Republicans" even though they did nothing to stop Obama from addressing any of the things I mentioned.
Since you did not want to review the suggested era based categories I listed, I can assure you, that I have a compilation of posting that will answer any and all that you have inquired and likely much that you will inquire of... But, Let's get real...

You appear to present a position as the man who says: "I got my mind made up already, so don't try and confuse me with factors nor facts'..... Therefore, I leave with with three choices, either review the era based categories, review my positing for reply to your commentary, or do nothing and proceed with your trend of thought.

Old 06-05-2017, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Since you did not want to review the suggested era based categories I listed, I can assure you, that I have a compilation of posting that will answer any and all that you have inquired and likely much that you will inquire of... But, Let's get real...

You appear to present a position as the man who says: "I got my mind made up already, so don't try and confuse me with factors nor facts'..... Therefore, I leave with with three choices, either review the era based categories, review my positing for reply to your commentary, or do nothing and proceed with your trend of thought.
How did the Republicans stop Obama from prosecuting the bankers that broke our laws like he promised he would?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies