Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2017, 08:22 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,483,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
Have fun at fun at the protest guys. I didn't know we were cool with protests though. But still, have fun.
I don't think anyone here posted that they were going.

And I think everyone is cool with protests. It's arson, vandalism and violence we object to.

Maybe there isn't a difference to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2017, 08:23 PM

1,896 posts, read 804,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
What will the liberals do? They wouldn't dare march in support and risk OFFENDING their Islamic buddies, would they?
My Islamic buddies and I laugh at you during happy hour.

Old 06-06-2017, 08:26 PM

18,986 posts, read 9,003,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Of course I have comparable outrage. But there is no need to hijack a thread because it's not the specific topic YOU wish to discuss.

Drawing conclusions based on flawed thinking isn't too bright.
I have never seen any Conservatives rally in support of American women in the same manner. But you guys are all up in arms about all those poor Muslim women being abused through Sharia Law.

When you guys demonstrate the same level of "concern" for the millions of American women who are routinely abused by good white Christian American men we will take you seriously.

Until then, it's obvious that this has nothing to do with Muslim women, who you care about less than you do American women who are being abused.

You fool no one.

Old 06-06-2017, 08:30 PM

21,431 posts, read 7,385,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I don't think there will be any Mensa's in the march.
Dang ... that was good

Old 06-06-2017, 08:33 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,483,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
I have never seen any Conservatives rally in support of American women in the same manner. But you guys are all up in arms about all those poor Muslim women being abused through Sharia Law.

When you guys demonstrate the same level of "concern" for the millions of American women who are routinely abused by good white Christian American men we will take you seriously.

Until then, it's obvious that this has nothing to do with Muslim women, who you care about less than you do American women who are being abused.

You fool no one.

See, that's your problem, JAMS - you don't pay attention.

I'm NOT a Conservative. I've posted many, many times what I am. And I'm in this thread defending ....wait for it....a woman. <gasp>

Again, you're drawing conclusions based on false assumptions.

I don't know how many times I have to tell you that's not too bright before you get a clue and stop.

Old 06-07-2017, 06:37 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,093,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okcthunder1945 View Post
My Islamic buddies and I laugh at you during happy hour.
Have a drink on me!

Old 06-07-2017, 06:39 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,401,301 times
Quote:
I don't think anyone here posted that they were going.

And I think everyone is cool with protests. It's arson, vandalism and violence we object to.

Maybe there isn't a difference to you.
Not true. There was plenty of poutrage over the women's march which was entirely peaceful

Old 06-07-2017, 06:52 AM

12,632 posts, read 21,792,872 times
Quote:
No, that's not it.

Feminists seem to be very selective in their outrage.

You know - like SJW's are.
It IS it though. This isn't a debate about feminists (and even if it was, do you have any examples of feminists selectively ignoring Islamic violence against women?). They're not the only one's outraged by all violence against women. It's a huge problem in this country that millions of Americans are actively working to solve. The perception that "sharia law" and muslim violence against women is somehow overlooked by everyone else is laughable. It's part of a much bigger problem. There are still huge problems with violence against women in the U.S. (and a president who talks candidly about "grabbing women by the..." is no small part of that)- someone posted data a few pages back. Sharia Law is a drop in the bucket (if that) relative to the larger problem overall. 1.3 million women report being physically assaulted by an intimate partner every year. Those are the victims that actually came forward. Estimates vary, but most sources indicate that under reporting is also a big problem (and in my limited experience, I'd agree). I've seen two examples in this thread of victims "sharia law" in the U.S. It's certainly not justification for those incidents, but clearly there are more effective ways to channel the outrage (if that's really the motivating factor here, which it isn't) surrounding violence against women and other vulnerable populations.

The issue is that many people in this country are terrified of a religion they simply don't understand and this is a manufactured excuse to trash it. It's incredibly transparent. And watching people in this thread talk about what a "threat" it is using the facade of protecting women while ignoring the much larger issue of domestic violence as a whole in this country is sad.

Old 06-07-2017, 07:15 AM

4,491 posts, read 2,211,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Dearborn, Michigan: First City In The US To Enforce Sharia Law - Page 2 of 2 - Truth And Action

Dearborn, Michigan: First City In The US To Enforce Sharia Law

No, there is not yet Sharia law in full bloom in Dearborn. If that were the case we would likely have seen beheadings in the street already, But that does not mean Shari is not practiced there among residents.
Little Girls genital mutilation.
That is not evidence of Sharia. Three examples were given, all revolving around a single festival apparently. The first one may have been unfair and perhaps the Christian's arrested had their rights violated (though to be clear, they were handing out their "literature" at that event to generate a response), but that's not evidence of Sharia law.

The second example is a little tricky, but they were carrying a banner through the event, which is disrupting the event. The response of the various attendees was unjust but also it's hard to really do anything to just a general crowd responding like *******s to a handful of *******s trying to ruin someone else's day.

The third isn't really worth addressing. Court costs are always a factor and we just have to accept that.

Old 06-07-2017, 07:21 AM

4,491 posts, read 2,211,513 times
Quote:
No, that's not it.

Feminists seem to be very selective in their outrage.

You know - like SJW's are.
Do you just get your news from Breitbart?

Feminism is not monolithic. Many feminists are extremely critical of domestic abuse that happens abroad. There's a great feminist philosopher, Martha Nausbuam, who speaks on the issues of women rights in a global sense, giving credit to Western liberal democracies for doing their part to give women the chance of equal representation while she viscously criticizes places like India for giving equal rights to women but not actually doing anything to address the problem. Her main argument is that rights as a measure of human dignity is not sufficient.

But if you only get your news from Breitbart and aren't willing to venture out into the world and actually experience things, you'd think all Feminists act like SJWs just getting in crowds and yelling. You're of course wrong. Objectively. But that's the problem with Breitbart... it's readers don't give a **** about objectivity.

And if you don't read Breitbart, I'm dying to know what your ****ing excuse is for being this incredibly wrong about something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies