U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2017, 02:18 AM

8,422 posts, read 4,359,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
He obviously can read, therefore he is not illiterate. No, I'm not defending him, so before you accuse me of it, just shut up.

Conservatives point to you and lump me in with those like you since I am liberal. I am constantly defending myself and I'm tired. Stop making me and other more reasonable liberals look like fools by staying ridiculous nonsense like "Trump is illiterate" and "Trump is a moron". He knows full well what he's doing. He's not a moron, he's an a$$hole. Many people use ghost writers. It does not make them illiterate.

Ahh, not to worry, cause I'm no liberal!

Old 06-06-2017, 03:23 AM

12,453 posts, read 4,209,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Yes, here we are..........knee deep in investigations and hearings. What a mess this administration is. Only 6 months in and not one day has been without some controversy or failure.

Yeah, he sure is making America great again.
Yeah, hearings that the 'establishment' loves and will keep going as long as they feel like it.

Old 06-06-2017, 04:31 AM

38,071 posts, read 14,878,695 times
Trump's M.O. is to bail when then seas gets rough. He blathers about how he never settles, right up to the time he settles.

But resigning the presidency has disastrous financial implications.

Not only will the political advantages of doing business with Trump disappear, there will be several disadvantages that will not, not the least of which are those money-laundering investigations. Anybody doing business with Trump is risking their financials turning up in RICO investigations of his other business partners. Hmmm?

It is to Trump's benefit to stay in office as long as he possibly can where he and Sessions can insist the laws don't apply to him because he's President and you're not.

Old 06-06-2017, 05:00 AM

How can Trump turn resigning into a win?

He could leave to pursue his career in the private sector as host of a cable channel heavy on Alex Jones interviews and Ted Nugent concerts. He only has one life to live and he has realized that his years on his reality show were the happiest ever and he wants to experience that during the time he has left on this earth.

He could leave to spend more time with his family, such as his young son that he's only seen a time or two since January. The child recently had a shocking experience and would likely benefit from additional parental comfort.

He could say he had not realized how complicate it would be to separate out his financial affairs and in the interests of his beloved children's financial futures ...

Last edited by GotHereQuickAsICould; 06-06-2017 at 05:13 AM..

Old 06-06-2017, 05:11 AM

Though he will likely blame Republican for not getting behind his perfectly good ideas. Promise all this stuff on Day 1 and here it was Day XXX and nothing. No wall. "Political judges" blocking his Muslim travel ban. No more affordable and better health care plan. No decent-paying jobs for downsized factory workers and coal miners...

He will assuredly blame Democrats, though I don't know who in their right mind would believe that. Senate Democrats couldn't block McConnell's corporate shill from the Supreme court. House Democrats couldn't block the disastrous AHCA.

He will, of course, blame the "Deep State" for framing him. However, I don't know who would believe that either. His presidency is living proof that if the Deep State exists, it is not all powerful.

Old 06-06-2017, 05:22 AM

727 posts, read 283,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Be prepared for President Pence. Is it what you want?
I'm afraid it will be more of the same. Trump picked Pence because Pence is like him, controlled by fear and easily swayed by it. Pence has more self control and that means he won't tweet every crazy thought he has and we won't know what he's thinking.

The power brokers will bend Pence to their will. Not much will change under Pence. But maybe our foreign relations won't continue to erode. Who knows? I could never have predicted Trump could do so much damage in so little time.

Old 06-06-2017, 06:21 AM

5,006 posts, read 13,851,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
Trump is more likely to stage a coup than resign. He's classic Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Those types never implode - they explode.
I have noticed that he was in a melt down, and the more bad news that comes out about him, the more he will melt down. I wouldn't put it past him if all the sudden he stops Comey from speaking out. I wouldn't put it past him to do a lot more damage than he has done in order for us to get our attention off the Russian scandal. I expect him to implode as well.

Most people on this forum have not studied psychology, so they don't see Trump for who he is, and that is a shame. I have said it before on here, the book "On Tyranny" is not just a number one seller, but it is a book that spells out what is happening right now. It is frightening, but I imagine that if conservatives read it they would say, "I want Trump to become a dictator." They don't realize that it would affect them as well, and not in a good way.

Old 06-06-2017, 06:24 AM

15,723 posts, read 9,634,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Tony Schwartz, who co-authored Trump’s book ‘The Art of The Deal,’ told CNN’s Anderson Cooper that he believes the president is in a place of “significant meltdown.”
'The Art Of The Deal

Wonderful news! I'd wager that the majority of Trump Zombies don't even know that he is not even the author of his own books! More reason to believe the MORON is illiterate!
Him getting impeached would be more satisfying, but he's such an enormous threat to this country and the world I'll take resignation.

Old 06-06-2017, 06:28 AM

15,723 posts, read 9,634,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
A lot of significant people and news said Trump colluded with Russia, yet here we are.
So Trump's hundred connections to Putin are just 100 bizarre coincidences huh?

Old 06-06-2017, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimChi2PG View Post
I'm afraid it will be more of the same. Trump picked Pence because Pence is like him, controlled by fear and easily swayed by it. Pence has more self control and that means he won't tweet every crazy thought he has and we won't know what he's thinking.

The power brokers will bend Pence to their will. Not much will change under Pence. But maybe our foreign relations won't continue to erode. Who knows? I could never have predicted Trump could do so much damage in so little time.
Religious Right will likely be ecstatic with Pence. Their prayers have been answered -- bathroom bills, birth control, abortion, ... vouchers for religious schools ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or