Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2017, 02:18 PM

30,227 posts, read 23,643,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
I find the implication that this site is actually worth the time and effort to send "paid posters" to...laughable.

I was drawn to this site initially mainly because I love cities, urban planning, and the like and was drawn here for it. I also really like the breakdowns that you get about each city. I then stayed because I found many posters informative and knowledgeable about many different topics. And I like wasting time on the Internet, like a good Millennial.

But let's get real here...the politics forum is not a battleground.
Actually, there was someone on here who openly admitted that they were being paid to post. Something bagg in their name, I forget who it was, but they were on here and admitted it more than once.

Notice they aren't around anymore now that the election is over.

I say again, if someone wants to pay me to post, send me a message.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2017, 02:22 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,784,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Winner was in the Air Force as a linguist, and speaks Pashto, Farsi and Dari.

Pashto known in Persian literature as Afghāni,
Farsi - Persian, is one of the Western Iranian languages,
Dari - Dari Persian is the variety of the Persian language spoken in Afghanistan.
Last night I saw on her FB page (before it was taken down this morning) that she tested a 0+. Which from researching it is a memorized proficiency. In the eyes of the military, you get no extra money on that.

Old 06-06-2017, 02:35 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,110,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
In the spy game it's called a "canary trap"... and yes, she can still go to prison even if the info is fictitious.
Exactly. Just like when they catch someone who plans to do harm to Americans. Authorities give them what they think is "real" but turns out to be "fake". Once the person uses it in the fashion that they thought it was meant to be used, they bust them. We've all heard of it before. You know, when they catch someone trying to blow up someone or something and give them fake explosives or a gun that can't fire. Once the person(s) attempt to use such items in the fashion it was sought for, BINGO, their popped. Same thing in this situation.

Big problem here is she was merely a low level tool utilized by higher up leaker(s). She gets caught and they go free.

Old 06-06-2017, 02:36 PM

52,541 posts, read 34,259,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
Last night I saw on her FB page (before it was taken down this morning) that she tested a 0+. Which from researching it is a memorized proficiency. In the eyes of the military, you get no extra money on that.
what does 0+ mean? good or not good?

Old 06-06-2017, 02:57 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,784,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
what does 0+ mean? good or not good?
Not good. The higher the number and the +, the better speaker, listener or writer you are.
This blog is a good explanation from what I've read.

Old 06-06-2017, 06:35 PM

26,969 posts, read 15,187,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You mean Trump admin doesn't vet contractors This is a bigger problem than I thought. No wonder the admin leaks like a spaghetti strainer.

Not as big as a problem as not properly vetting refugees but we did not hear Dems making an issue of that.

Old 06-06-2017, 07:22 PM

22,974 posts, read 26,941,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
It's funny how the anti-government types are pro-government when it comes to whistleblowers and leakers.

If your company or government is doing something to break the law, it should be your DUTY as an American to expose the law breaking.

The American people definitely need to know if the election was potentially compromised. Direct your anger towards the government officials who allowed these actions and not the person who exposed it.
First off, it wasn't "compromised", they tried and failed. Surprised? Not really.
Secondly, people would have to be complete idiots to not realize that ALL of our adversaries are, or have attempted at one time or another to mess with our elections,U.S. corporations and our monetary systems just like WE do to them and have for years.

Old 06-06-2017, 10:24 PM

2,813 posts, read 2,106,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NekoLogic View Post
I think she should get 20 years in prison and make her into an example. She will be going in her youth and leaving in her late 40's to early 50's. Lets see how many of you liberals put their money where their mouth is after she get sentence for many years.
With regards to what, exactly...?

Old 06-06-2017, 10:31 PM

2,813 posts, read 2,106,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
She reads like a caricature stereotype of the American left. She's pro-global warming, sees it as a pro-life movement, supports BLM, says "being white is terrorism," thinks Trump is an "orange-fascist," and it goes on.
And yet she was hired by the federal government and given top secret security clearance...? That seems...odd...

Old 06-06-2017, 10:34 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,713,073 times
Ex-Airforce usually gets clearance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies