Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2017, 03:46 PM

5,301 posts, read 2,354,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Quite honestly, I have no idea what part of my mind you want to change.

I said I did not disagree with you. Who said military is exempt from right and wrong. I believe terminology does matter, (and I gave my reasons) it has nothing to do with my so called attachments to the military.
Alright. I thought you were distinguishing murder done by government/military and murder done by regular civilians, as if they were morally different categories.

I just see a lot of people use language and definitions to ignore the literal thing that's happening...like when people say minorities can't be racist by definition, because the definition of racism requires systemic oppression or something along those lines. I like to get down to the literal and blunt descriptions, so that's why I push back.

Last edited by T0103E; 06-06-2017 at 03:55 PM..

Old 06-06-2017, 03:56 PM

39,222 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T0103E View Post
Alright. I thought you were distinguishing murder done by government/military and murder done by regular civilians, as if they were morally different categories. .
All right. It happens. After all, this thread is long, it is unrealistic to expect any posters to follow the entire dialogue anyway.

Old 06-06-2017, 03:57 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Jeez.... these kinds of theads just make me do this.

I don't and have never blindly supported American actions. I critize when appropriate and I champion Amercain actions when needed.

There is a simple underlying defect in some people's logic. They wanna instantly blame us for every single thing wrong in the world. They lunge when we make mistakes, it's like they sit back like a coiled spring, waiting, ready, almost giddy at the thought of the opportunity to sit back and say look, look how bad American is.

Here is the fundamental difference. It's ideology. We take extraordinary measures to avoid harm to innocents, collateral damage as it's called. We lament over it. I don't think that there is a single person in charge of these operations that thinks that killing innocents is a good thing. Most fair minded people on the street isn't going to think it's a good thing if we have a drone strike and innocents die in the process.

These animals, these sick warped ass backward savages CHEER when innocents are killed.

This fundamental and OBVIOUS difference still to this day makes me shake my head when I read that absolute moronic drivel that is typical in posts like this original post.

Logic has left the building.

Last edited by Chowhound; 06-06-2017 at 04:49 PM..

Old 06-06-2017, 04:50 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Jeez.... these kinds of theads just make me do this.

I don't and have never blindly supported American actions. I critize when appropriate and I champion Amercain actions when needed.

There is a simple underlying defeat in some people's logic. They wanna instantly blame us for every single thing wrong in the world. They lunge when we make mistakes, it's like they sit back like a coiled spring, waiting, ready, almost giddy at the thought of the opportunity to sit back and say look, look how bad American is.

Here is the fundamental difference. It's ideology. We take extraordinary measures to avoid harm to innocents, collateral damage as it's called. We lament over it. I don't think that there is a single person in charge of these operations that thinks that killing innocents is a good thing. Most fair minded people on the street isn't going to think it's a good thing if we have a drone strike and innocents die in the process.
I asked this earlier without a reply. I asked many questions with no reply. Will you do any better?

What extraordinary measures did we take to stop this?

Troubling details emerge in U.S. bombing of Afghan hospital | PBS NewsHour

Old 06-06-2017, 05:03 PM

45,579 posts, read 27,180,466 times
A common tactic of the enemy is to hide behind women, children, hospitals...

Also we don't know who the women and children are, or were - and what families they belong to. They can have a mindset of evil just like anybody else.

Maybe a good idea not to pass judgment either way until more details are disclosed, and not assume all women and children are sitting home watching soap operas and Sesame Street.

And - there are times when mistakes are made as well.

Old 06-06-2017, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
A common tactic of the enemy is to hide behind women, children, hospitals...

Also we don't know who the women and children are, or were - and what families they belong to. They can have a mindset of evil just like anybody else.

Maybe a good idea not to pass judgment either way until more details are disclosed, and not assume all women and children are sitting home watching soap operas and Sesame Street.

And - there are times when mistakes are made as well.
If you aren't doing stupid things you aren't likely going to make a mistake.

Why after 15 plus years are we still there? What have we gained? What have we accomplished? What is the end goal?

Old 06-06-2017, 05:23 PM

2,049 posts, read 1,066,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I asked this earlier without a reply. I asked many questions with no reply. Will you do any better?

I have provided evidence that US forces are not targeting civilians
If you do not want to believe this is your problem
I told you that the method of hiding among civilians is a well-known style
The civilian population is the one who bears the consequences
Thus the act is not a terrorist
Because whoever enters the battlefield will bear its consequences as well
But if you are looking for the reason for the presence of US troops in those locations
This is a different question
Because America wants to protect its interests and the interests of its allies as well
These alliances are changing because politics is not fixed
It is in America's interest to maintain its strategic interests
But when looking for solutions
The best solution is for the United States to allow the creation of an Islamic state that implements Islamic law
Because the Islamic people can not know democracy
They are people who love that law
I am not with America standing against the Islamic state
The United States had to negotiate with the leaders of that country
Because they represent true Islam
That is why the United States will remain the enemy of Muslims
This is the best solution to this big problem
Yes, establishing an Islamic state and applying the provisions of Islam
It is the first goal to every Muslim
I think the United States will lose its popularity in Muslim countries because of these actions
President Trump should address the problem from two sides
The first is that the establishment of an Islamic state as happened in Mosul and parts of Syria is one of the dreams of Muslims
They have the right to self-determination
The second side is internal
That no Muslim from these countries should be allowed to escape the repression
For he approved it
And believes in its teachings
Therefore, the United States and Western countries should help the Islamic state and help it implement what it wants to apply to the true laws of Islam
This is the best measure to stop global and Islamic terrorism as well

Old 06-06-2017, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahasn sawresho View Post
I have provided evidence that US forces are not targeting civilians
If you do not want to believe this is your problem
Actions prove otherwise.

Old 06-06-2017, 05:33 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post

Why don't you address the fundamental ideology difference in they cheer innocents death and we as a whole don't???

That is core difference but people like you will deflect and redirect and do all of the typical horsecrap that you see here.

The US government as a policy isn't out purposely trying to killing innocent civilians. If you can't see that then I'm done talking to you. I should anyway, you say some of the kookiest stuff not based on reality that I've seen around here and that is saying something.

Old 06-06-2017, 05:35 PM

2,049 posts, read 1,066,033 times
At the domestic level, within the United States, Europe, and democratic countries, which follow the path of freedom in their lives, they prevent any large Muslim population
Because it will result in the demand to establish an Islamic state within the states
This will lead to the transmission of Islamic diseases to your countries as well
These countries should seek to break up large Muslim gatherings
Within European cities

And to use the policy of intellectual freedom in expression to the maximum extent
There is no infallible person on Earth
When a Muslim says that his religion calls for peace, we will tell him, prove it to us
And when he says that his prophet, the prophet of mercy, we will say, prove this to us
If he wants to build a mosque we will tell him
Prevent the teaching of verses that call for fighting and hatred
By doing so, you will be able to protect your nations that believe in freedom
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies