U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2017, 08:24 AM

32,978 posts, read 19,947,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It does not take magic. Even a corrupt Nixon was able to do it. I don't really have any obligation to further address a wrong position.
Please don't change the topic.

You said, we came close, Bernie Sanders almost won. My point is that No, he was not the answer. NO politicians are the answer. Changing the system might be the answer, but it is not realistic.

By the way, In 2001, Sanders did not support the vote in Congress to oppose the war in Afghanistan. Congresswoman Barbara Lee stood alone! This vote was followed by his support for appropriations to support boththe war in Afghanistan and Iraq. In 2003 he supported the resolution that gave support to George W. Bush in both Iraq and in the larger war against terrorism, although Sanders has been a critic of the Iraq War.

Then Sanders supported only a gradual withdrawal from Iraq. When impeachment was on the so-called table against George W. Bush in 2006, he said that impeachment was “impractical.”

Old 06-06-2017, 08:26 AM

77,900 posts, read 33,233,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
If you wrong someone and they come after you for deadly revenge, do you lay yourself prostrate and allow him to kill you or do you try to defend yourself even if you think in the back of your head that you deserve it? Maybe you don't even let him in to your house?
If you destroyed your neighbors house, you are coming out of your house one way or the other.

Quit destroying theirs and they don't demand something in return.

Old 06-06-2017, 08:27 AM

7,950 posts, read 3,107,821 times
Quote:
If you destroyed your neighbors house, you are coming out of your house one way or the other.

I'm certainly not inviting him in to kill me in my living room, even if I got it coming.

Old 06-06-2017, 08:28 AM

Quote:

You sound like a parrot. No matter what others say and no matter what point others are making, you repeat the same thing over and over.

That poster did not disagree with you, sheesh. He said, it is the main reason why we cannot let them in.

Old 06-06-2017, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Please don't change the topic.

You said, we came close, Bernie Sanders almost won. My point is that No, he was not the answer. NO politicians are the answer. Changing the system might be the answer, but it is not realistic.
You said a president can not make a difference. It is not changing the subject to show that a president can end a war.

Quote:
By the way, In 2001, Sanders did not support the vote in Congress to oppose the war in Afghanistan. Congresswoman Barbara Lee stood alone! This vote was followed by his support for appropriations to support boththe war in Afghanistan and Iraq. In 2003 he supported the resolution that gave support to George W. Bush in both Iraq and in the larger war against terrorism, although Sanders has been a critic of the Iraq War.

Then Sanders supported only a gradual withdrawal from Iraq. When impeachment was on the so-called table against George W. Bush in 2006, he said that impeachment was “impractical.”
Unfortunately starting stupid wars isn't impeachable. Granted it should be.

Old 06-06-2017, 08:29 AM

Quote:
I'm certainly not inviting him in to kill me in my living room, even if I got it coming.
It's not going to stop them. When you insist on doing stupid things, bad things happen.

Old 06-06-2017, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Y

Unfortunately starting stupid wars isn't impeachable. Granted it should be.
I think you have a weird way of debating. LOL You took one sentence out of the entire post without understanding or addressing the point the poster is making.

Old 06-06-2017, 08:31 AM

Quote:
You said a president can not make a difference. It is not changing the subject to show that a president can end a war.

well, maybe you have the magic power to let us know which president we should pick next time.

All you said is based on hindsight, with all due respect. and Hindsight is always 20/20.

Old 06-06-2017, 08:33 AM

44,352 posts, read 17,707,490 times
WoW.

OP calls the US Military, a terrorist organization.

Trump Derangement takes a new low.

Old 06-06-2017, 08:33 AM

7,950 posts, read 3,107,821 times
Quote:
If you wrong someone and they come after you for deadly revenge, do you lay yourself prostrate and allow him to kill you or do you try to defend yourself even if you think in the back of your head that you deserve it? Maybe you don't even let him in to your house?

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
You sound like a parrot. No matter what others say and no matter what point others are making, you repeat the same thing over and over.

That poster did not disagree with you, sheesh. He said, it is the main reason why we cannot let them in.
Quote:
It's not going to stop them. When you insist on doing stupid things, bad things happen.
I don't even need to add anything to the discussion at this point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies