Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2017, 08:15 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,315,321 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Sure a lot of books coming out around the same time by both politicians and pundits.

Ben Sasse's would be last on my list. He's another one thats priming the pump to be President and doesn't stand a chance of winning. IMO

Anyone have any recommendations of ones they've read ?
The Making of a President 2016
Sacred Fire
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2017, 08:15 PM

252 posts, read 123,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
That's funny; I just did a search on Amazon for the current top 10 non-fiction books a few minutes ago, and Milo's wasn't even on the list. I asked for 10 books and Amazon gave me a list of 16.

His book "Dangerous" is in the conservative book top 10 in Amazon's political section, but that's far from being Amazon's most popular section of sales.

That's what you get for trusting Brietbart, JM. They lie on Brietbart. Especially since Milo works for them now. This is the conservative echo chamber at work here. Cherry-picking the facts doesn't change the facts.

Verify it yourself; it only took me about 2 minutes.
Dangerous Hardcover – July 4, 2017
by Milo Yiannopoulos (Author)
4.9 out of 5 stars 374 customer reviews
#1 Best Seller in Political Conservatism & Liberalism

All I did was type name of book in.

Old 07-09-2017, 08:18 PM

19,699 posts, read 11,949,557 times
Quote:
That's funny; I just did a search on Amazon for the current top 10 non-fiction books a few minutes ago, and Milo's wasn't even on the list. I asked for 10 books and Amazon gave me a list of 16.

His book "Dangerous" is in the conservative book top 10 in Amazon's political section, but that's far from being Amazon's most popular section of sales.

That's what you get for trusting Brietbart, JM. They lie on Brietbart. Especially since Milo works for them now. This is the conservative echo chamber at work here. Cherry-picking the facts doesn't change the facts.

The thread was from 5 weeks ago.

Old 07-09-2017, 08:20 PM

252 posts, read 123,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The Making of a President 2016
Sacred Fire
The first one there I am waiting on from the library,other one I haven't heard of. I know Newt Gingrich wrote a book about Trump and a reporter that covered Trumps campaign wrote a book which I read it was good.It was VERY into detail about how Trump lost NH and Minnesota thanks to the Clinton's having the tape released in October.

Old 07-09-2017, 08:25 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,243,152 times
I'll probably pick it up. I'm reading 7 books right now.

Old 07-10-2017, 06:53 AM

19,424 posts, read 8,979,040 times
Quote:

Thanks for the update, but I saw it at the following link, not Breibart. (This was five days ago, btw, so it is very well possible it has now dropped.)

Milo Yiannopoulos' self-published book 'Dangerous' hits No. 1 at Amazon, author plans rally - Washington Times

Old 07-10-2017, 07:44 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,152,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeplorablePopulist View Post
Dangerous Hardcover – July 4, 2017
by Milo Yiannopoulos (Author)
4.9 out of 5 stars 374 customer reviews
#1 Best Seller in Political Conservatism & Liberalism

All I did was type name of book in.
And that's exactly what banjomike said....

Old 07-10-2017, 08:31 AM

3,992 posts, read 2,437,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whocares811 View Post
Thanks for the update, but I saw it at the following link, not Breibart. (This was five days ago, btw, so it is very well possible it has now dropped.)

Milo Yiannopoulos' self-published book 'Dangerous' hits No. 1 at Amazon, author plans rally - Washington Times
Washington Times is basically Brietbart with a different name, but way to miss the forest for the trees.

Old 07-10-2017, 09:07 AM

7,448 posts, read 2,804,879 times
Does it have a chapter in it about advocating male to male pedophilia or did he leave that part out?

Old 07-10-2017, 11:36 AM

19,424 posts, read 8,979,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Does it have a chapter in it about advocating male to male pedophilia or did he leave that part out?
Yes, first thing, and he goes into a LOT of detail about that -- much of which went right over my head.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies