U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2017, 02:26 PM

2,669 posts, read 1,981,688 times

Advertisements

I've not been impressed with either of those chains. The Applebees here shut down and it was months before I noticed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2017, 02:32 PM

4,246 posts, read 2,517,507 times
You're welcome

~A Millennial

Old 06-28-2017, 02:42 PM

32,537 posts, read 16,644,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
There used to be a thing called a romantic dinner out. Guys took girls out on dates for quiet candle light dinners with excellent food and service. There were so many good restaurants to choose from. There were chefs and bakers that could cook food like we never could. Still are, for the wealthy. But regular people enjoyed that food and atmosphere, even young people could afford it.
I can walk to a French place with entrees starting at $15, and it's packed. Of course, once there, I get carried away with appetizers, wine & dessert, but the point is, one can have an amazing meal at Applebee's prices.

Perhaps Yelp is having a hand destroying Applebee's? Because while Applebee's suck, they are a known entity.

Old 06-28-2017, 03:24 PM

5,420 posts, read 2,744,570 times
I have three words for this:

Mmmmm Wingstop mmmmmm

Old 06-28-2017, 03:48 PM

15,723 posts, read 9,648,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleinie View Post
Millennials endanger casual-dining restaurants - Business Insider

I guess it makes sense, those places are more for the family experience they should cater more to older patrons like Denny's does.

As an Millennial, I actually like sit down places.
I like sit down places too, but Applebee's is horrible. No loss there.

Old 06-28-2017, 03:55 PM

50,705 posts, read 26,743,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
I like sit down places too, but Applebee's is horrible. No loss there.
The salads are good and that damn Quesadilla Burger is the bomb.

You can have the rest of it.

Old 06-28-2017, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I like Independent restaurants that can prepare better food.

Buffalo wild wings and applebee's, or really bland chain restaurants are too predictable.
Now, now Lily...

B Dub Dubs actually makes a pretty good wing, and they can do better salads than some really GOOD restaurants can!

The Desert Heat flavor wing is an absolutely amazing tasting sauce less wing. The Honey Hot BBQ ain't bad either.

But the texture of their wings is actually good and fairly succulent.

Applebee's? Like I said earlier, great salads, and a great Quesadilla Burger. But the rest of the stuff is pretty bland or at best ordinary by my standards.

Old 06-28-2017, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
LOL on this. I lived for a while in Atlanta, which has a wing joint in every neighborhood. I have never been to Buffalo Wild Wing.

I also don't particularly like Applebees. Their food is way too salty and cost too much for what it is.

I am a young Gen X/older Millenial.

I prefer local restaurants that support small business people and that have fresh, good, not too salty food.

Hopefully more restauranteurs will fill the void left by these chains.

I will note though that I was super POd that a Bob Evans restaurant closed near my job! I LOVE Bob Evans "broasted" chicken.
Dammit!!!! Is it even LEGAL to close a Bob Evans??? Because it shouldn't be! It should be legal to kill anyone who threatens to close any Bob Evans restaurants!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
A lot of Millennials have student loan debt and have to stretch their money farther than the previous generation.

I've been working on my youngest son to stop wasting his money eating out. My wife and I have eaten out very little in our lives. We pack a lunch in a cooler and find a picnic table. Old habits.
I'm no so sure that the old adage about dining out being more expensive than eating at home is even true anymore.

No matter what I do, I can't seem to leave the grocery story without blowing my whole mortgage payment!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Buffalo Wild Wings is only worth going to as a cure for a near fatal case of constipation.

Their wings are BELOW gas-station quality.
Wow!! Think so?

Old 06-28-2017, 04:47 PM

5,721 posts, read 5,469,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorman View Post
I would say that the chain's attempts to serve the equivalent of a $3 frozen dinner from the supermarket and charge $15 for it after heating it up in a microwave are what is killing them. Applebee's is one of the worst chains out there. The food there is absolutely disgusting, it is like eating at a convenience store.

Ding ding ding we have a winner. If I'm going out to eat, I want either something delicious that's too difficult for me to prepare at home, or something fast and cheap. Anything in between, I might as well just make it myself.

Old 06-28-2017, 08:46 PM

25,274 posts, read 15,387,368 times
The rapper Drake mentioned the chains Applebees and Outback in one of his recent songs

He's basically saying that those were the places he'd eat when he was struggling before he got famous .

And he is a millennial by the way .

Personally I wouldn't put Applebees in the same sentence as Outback . Quality of food at Outback Steakhouse is better .
--

"Me and Gibbo was about that
Eatin' Applebee's and Outback
Southwest, no first class
Hilton rooms, gotta double up
Writin’ our name on a double cup
We ain’t even have a tour bus"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies