U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2017, 12:33 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,480,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
These losers won't stop with all their BS......makes me hate them even more, didn't think that was possible. Seems as though it is. Can we not just arrest them?
Because you can't arrest someone if they didn't break any laws.

Old 06-06-2017, 12:33 PM

16,604 posts, read 8,485,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonym9428 View Post
Evil alien lizards are invading our country and turning all the frogs gay...and you libs only care about Sessions. So sick...you libs must support lizard aliens and gay frogs. How sick. Our country is being taken over by gay frogs and TRUMP is our only salvation...if only the MSM and libs would stop with the fake news
I thought the frog worked for the nazi's

Old 06-06-2017, 12:36 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,480,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
I would think you would have abandoned your support for him by now as many have done.

Paid posters wouldn't abandoned support unless the money dries up. I am not saying that any given person is or isn't a paid poster. But thed do exist and they simply post what they are supposed to post, per their job duties.

Old 06-06-2017, 12:38 PM

2,331 posts, read 3,038,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonym9428 View Post
Evil alien lizards are invading our country and turning all the frogs gay...and you libs only care about Sessions. So sick...you libs must support lizard aliens and gay frogs. How sick. Our country is being taken over by gay frogs and TRUMP is our only salvation...if only the MSM and libs would stop with the fake news
I embrace the Lizard People. It is time for a new direction.

Old 06-06-2017, 12:38 PM
Status: "It is the nature of grotesque things you canít look away" (set 24 days ago)

17,987 posts, read 8,101,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
LOL. It's an OPINION article from WaPo which you parrot here as fact. Says OPINION at the top of the page.

We know where WaPo stands. Just like the NY Times, Newsweek, and all the other MSM outlets which are seething because they have lost the message.

I would think you would get tired of it by now.
Except that Trump called out the "Justice Department" himself in his recent tweets regarding the travel/muslim ban. What does that mean except dissatisfaction with Sessions????? If I were Sessions, I would take that as a very public chewing out. And look to my own interests.

Old 06-06-2017, 12:40 PM

3,618 posts, read 1,549,308 times
Does anyone really trust anything the Washington post put out at this point. Its always found out to be wrong

russia hacking into vermonts power grid-

lie

President Trump revealed highly classified information to the Russian foreign minister and ambassador in a White House meeting last week, according to current and former U.S. officials, who said that Trump’s disclosures jeopardized a critical source of intelligence on the Islamic State. -

lie

BOMBSHELL Confession That House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy made a politically explosive assertion in a private conversation on Capitol Hill with his fellow GOP leaders: that Trump could be the beneficiary of payments from Russian President Vladimir Putin.

Beyond pathetic. Lie!

Deputy Attorney General Threatened to Quit-

lie

FBI Director Comey Fired After Asking For More Investigative Funds

Total lie.

The longest lie Trump Revealed Classified Information To Russians

lie

Republicans Treat Rape As Pre-Existing Condition

lie

On and on , at this point I just treat most washington posts stories as a sort of radical fringe web site with ties to intelligence agencies and a propaganda organ for the democrat party, humiliated after basically saying hillary was going to win and just gets more hated and distrusted every day

This never gets old

A comprehensive average of election forecasts points to a decisive Clinton victory

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.fac51c3d0556

Post opinion writers predict what will happen on election night

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...=.f3624493b3c0

Jonathan Capehart

President: Hillary Clinton 318, Donald Trump 220. Maybe I’m hoping against hope, but I think Clinton will snag North Carolina and hold Florida and Michigan.
Senate: Republicans 50, Democrats 50. Thanks to Jim Comey, visions of a non-Tim Kaine (or Mike Pence) babysitting role were dashed.
House: Republicans 234, Democrats 201. I have no idea. But I rely on Larry Sabato’s Crystal Ball, and this is what it says.

E.J. Dionne Jr.

President: Clinton 322, Trump 216
Senate: Democrats 51, Republicans 49
House: Republicans 229, Democrats 206

James Downie
President: Clinton 323, Trump 215. Florida gets called earlier than many expected. Ohio is close but just barely goes Trump, and neither Maine nor Nebraska splits its electoral votes.
Senate: Democrats 51, Republicans 49. The blue team holds Nevada and picks up Illinois, Pennsylvania, New Hampshire and Wisconsin, plus one of Indiana, North Carolina and Missouri.
House: Republicans 233, Democrats 202. Democrats’ ground-game advantage in states like Florida nets them one to three more seats than expected. House Speaker Paul Ryan’s job gets even harder.

Carter Eskew

President: Clinton 293, Trump 216.

My prediction was going to be Clinton 322, Trump 216, but because that has emerged as a popular prediction, I am going “Price Is Right”-style and holding back Florida for now. I think the margin in the Sunshine State may be less than 0.5 percent, which by state law triggers a recount.
Senate: 51 Democrats, 49 Republicans.

I am little shaky on this one; 10 days ago, I would have said Democrats 52, Republicans 48; Sunday, 50-50. But a slight Clinton updraft may now carry a candidate like Deborah Ross to victory, propelling Democrats to 51.
House: Democrats gain 15 seats. Again, a little higher than some other estimates, but based, again, on a slight move to Clinton since Sunday that will provide down-ballot lift.

David Ignatius

President: Clinton 323, Trump 215
Senate: Democrats 52, Republicans 48
House: Republicans 226, Democrats 209

Charles Lane

President: Clinton 307, Trump 231
Senate: Republicans 51, Democrats 49
House: Republicans 237, Democrats 198

I wavered a bit about North Carolina before giving it to Trump. I feel the Senate could go 52-48 GOP if Rep. Joe Heck (R) pulls it out in Nevada. But Sens. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.) and Pat Toomey (R-Pa.) seem to be fading at the finish. The House is a bit of a wild guess, but my assumption is it’s so gerrymandered that the GOP will hold most of its close seats.

Ruth Marcus

President: Clinton 307, Trump 231
Senate: Democrats 51, Republicans 49
House: Republicans 235, Democrats 200

Eugene Robinson

President: Clinton 323, Trump 215
Senate: Republicans 50, Democrats 50, with Kaine as the decider.
House: Modest gains for Democrats, on the order of 10 seats.

I’m giving Ohio to Trump and North Carolina to Clinton, but I’m not entirely sure of either of those calls. No matter: I do think Clinton takes both Florida and Nevada, thanks largely to the Hispanic vote, so I believe she will be our next president.

Ed Rogers

President: Clinton will hit 300.
Senate: Republicans 50, Democrats 50
House: 234 Republicans, Democrats 201

Clinton does not enthuse anyone, so Democratic turnout will be depressed. Nothing spectacular for Clinton or either party. Trump never expanded his vote after July.

Jennifer Rubin

President: Clinton 334, Trump 204. Clinton loses Iowa and Ohio due to Trump’s appeal with white, older, working-class voters. On a tide of Hispanic and female voters she wins Colorado, Nevada, Florida and Arizona. She wins Virginia comfortably, cementing it as a blue state for the foreseeable future. Thanks to President Obama’s campaigning, she wins North Carolina as well.
Senate: Democrats 51, Republicans 49. Republicans lose in Nevada, Pennsylvania, Illinois, Wisconsin and North Carolina. Sen. Roy Blunt (R), the quintessential insider, loses in Missouri to Jason Kander (D), a rising star. However, Sens. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) and Kelly Ayotte (R-N.H.) hold on, as does Rep. Todd Young (R) in Indiana, thanks to Evan Bayh’s (D) miserable campaign.
House: Republicans keep their majority in the House with 237, losing several California seats. Put a stake through the California GOP.

Stephen Stromberg

President: Clinton 322, Trump 216. Clinton carries Florida, Michigan, New Hampshire, Nevada, North Carolina and Colorado. But don’t be surprised by an unexpected result in Michigan, where Trump’s appeals to downscale whites may resonate more than expected. For the same reason, Clinton will lose the electoral vote tied to Maine’s 2nd Congressional District. The story of the election will be a reorientation of the Democrats’ map south and west. Distressingly, these results may encourage Republicans to double down on Trumpian populism in hopes of turning the Midwest red.

Senate: Democrats 50, Republicans 50.

Republicans will lose seats in Illinois, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin, and the Democrats will hold onto Harry Reid’s seat in Nevada. The fourth Democratic pickup will have to come in either North Carolina or New Hampshire. I guess that ticket-splitting among college-educated white voters will help Republicans hold onto Richard Burr’s seat in North Carolina, even while Clinton carries the state. Ayotte, on the other hand, may be toast.
House: Republicans 232, Democrats 203. Republicans suffer from higher presidential-year turnout, particularly among Latino voters in states such as California and Nevada. Heck’s seat will fall to the Democrats, as will those of several Republican incumbents in California and Florida. Republicans, however, will hold onto competitive seats in upstate New York and various Midwestern states.

Barton Swaim

President: Clinton 308, Trump 230
Senate: Republicans 51, Democrats 49
House: Republicans 237, Democrats 198

Last edited by floridanative10; 06-06-2017 at 12:49 PM..

Old 06-06-2017, 12:41 PM

2,276 posts, read 837,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewcifer View Post
Sessions was smart to recuse himself. Now when people end up going to prison for obstruction of justice he won't be one of them. It was a survival move.

As a former prosecutor and experienced politician, Sessions is a master at covering his own butt. Sessions is not going to put himself on the line for what he knows is a brief and temporary working relationship with Trump. No matter what happens, Trump will be gone and forgotten about in 4-8 years. Trump seems to forget that he is merely renting the appearance of loyalty from his staff with taxpayer funds.

Old 06-06-2017, 12:42 PM

22,017 posts, read 9,353,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...=.4649c027f8dc

So basically Trump is mad at Session for trying to be clean and impartial. He demands outright shady corruption from his boys. .
He's raging about the 'watered-down' travel ban that he approved and helped to create as if he had nothing to do with it. Of course, maybe he forgot he approved it (Alzheimers?).

He seems to think the DOJ are his personal hired hands and that he may rage at them if he is displeased.

This is why nobody wants to work in his admin other than family or those who can manipulate him.

Old 06-06-2017, 12:48 PM

2,331 posts, read 3,038,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
He's raging about the 'watered-down' travel ban that he approved and helped to create as if he had nothing to do with it. Of course, maybe he forgot he approved it (Alzheimers?).

He seems to think the DOJ are his personal hired hands and that he may rage at them if he is displeased.

This is why nobody wants to work in his admin other than family or those who can manipulate him.
He doesn't understand the difference between employees of a business and the civil service. The employees of a business work for the ownership. Civil servants ultimately work for the people, because it is the people who own the country, not the president. That means that the constitution and the national institutions are the ultimate seat of power rather than any particular politician even if they are the president.

This is why the idea that businessmen should run the government is so flawed. Business and government are very different types of organizations, with different goals and different power relationships.

Old 06-06-2017, 12:50 PM

62,556 posts, read 34,102,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewcifer View Post
He doesn't understand the difference between employees of a business and the civil service. The employees of a business work for the ownership. Civil servants ultimately work for the people, because it is the people who own the country, not the president. That means that the constitution and the national institutions are the ultimate seat of power rather than any particular politician even if they are the president.

This is why the idea that businessmen should run the government is so flawed. Business and government are very different types of organizations, with different goals and different power relationships.
He needs someone to blame for his errors, and Sessions is the new whipping-boy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies