Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2017, 05:56 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,373,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
" I think we are headed for a fascist, right wing dictatorship in this country "

It is clear there are some in the USA who lean that way, even posting on this forum, but I don't think it could happen. It would be necessary to obtain the cooperation of the armed forces, and that just doesn't seem likely in this generation.
I'm with you on this 100%. However, that doesn't mean Prez Bannon ( whoops mean Trump) and his cultist's won't try. The Majority held GOP Congress best grow a couple as the majority of American's will truly vote the boot lickers OUT as soon as they try to get re-elected!

Unlike like Turkey and other faux democratically elected governments ( ala PUTIN Regime) USA has Constitutional LAWS in place to undo whatever Congress or Trump ( Nepotism elite liar-in-chief) tries to do that undermines it. SCOTUS ( whether or not majority Conservative leaning) will see the Writing on the wall and rule against whatever POTUS or GOP Congress tries to do to undermine the Constitution!!

I guess, I tend to have faith in the system! This demonizing the various levels within the USA system will NOT work. Freedom's and folks who put their lives on the line to defend them will NEVER allow "Idiot-in-CHief" to throw anybody he can't convince as Liars/Fake/Violent/Un-American/ So-Called Judges/ etc etc. under the bus!! Trump has spent years demonizing just about everybody that doesn't lick his boots!! Trump deserves everything that WILL be coming to him IMO!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2017, 05:57 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I think it could easily happen via a coup in Washington and I think it might be something we might face whenever Trump leaves office, be it by impeachment, resignation, or him serving out his Presidency until 2020 or 2024.

When it happens, I am worried about severe oppression for anyone who doesn't conform or is perceived as an enemy of the state. This will include atheists, scientists, liberal historians, the LGBT community, Muslims, etc. Society will likely be a cross between "A Handmaids Tale" and "V for Vendetta." I can easily see the Southern Baptist Convention being absorbed by the new government and becoming the state church. Media and the Internet will be heavily controlled and censored by the state.

Why could this happen? A large percentage of Americans have lost faith in our system of government and believe the only option is to burn the entire thing down and start over. They realize there is no rolling back Roe v Wade, marriage equality, or forcing cultural Christianity and traditional values on everyone within the confines of our current system of government. They will need a new, right-wing authoritarian government to accomplish their goals. Whether Trump serves out his Presidency or not, it's very likely that a Democrat will be elected in 2020 or 2024 and when that happens, I don't think the far right will be able to accept it. We are already seeing more and more calls for revolution from the far right. We are headed to a very dire place in this country.

I am beginning to wonder if progressives need to start thinking about getting or renewing their passports so we can escape once the coup happens.

Maybe the Baptists were right when they were preaching that gay marriage would be the end of our country. It's simply happening in a different way than they expected.
Well, my passport is up to date and didn't Macron say we could come to France as refugees? I mean, I'll live in Paris. Sure, it'll be hardship but I can sacrifice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimChi2PG View Post
Look at who Trump listens to most - Steve Bannon. Bannon plants seeds of fear in Trump's head and instantly it grows.

If you do a little research on Bannon you will find he's an admitted deconstructionist. By nature they want to destroy the state, political parties, and pretty much all of what America is. Bannon has been interviewed many times in the past and confirmed he's on board the destruction train.

As long as Trump is in office, Bannon will be working to get Trump to achieve his deconstructionist goals. Trump is pretty easy to manipulate and Bannon is smart enough to do it so Trump never knows.

One reporter met Bannon at a book party in 2013. They talked about Bannon's politics and Bannon reportedly told the reporter he was a Leninist. “Lenin,” he said, “wanted to destroy the state, and that’s my goal too. I want to bring everything crashing down, and destroy all of today’s establishment.”

So if you want to know where we're headed under Trump, get to know Steve Bannon well.
That's President Bannon to you. And, yes, he wants to destroy America. And Trump is his puppet.

4,279 posts, read 1,904,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
I am no Trump fan but this is an upsidedown world if Hillary had made the Scalia replacement pick.
Agreed, I am neither Trump fan, I held my nose and voted for him. So far the worry I had of him has subsided. While he has his issues (the guy is a liberal in health care) and certainly isn't someone I consider "ideal", he has for the post part (aside form his antics) been an acceptable consolation prize to what could have been with the evil criminal Hillary.

12,716 posts, read 7,812,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
There we go. See everyone how the right is for "first amendment rights" if it suits them
Conservatives claim they love the Constitution, but then they all out assault the First Amendment. Many believe it only applies to Christians and that other religions/atheists aren't protected under it.

Alabama justice says the First Amendment only protects Christians | MSNBC

Old 06-06-2017, 05:58 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,904,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Well, my passport is up to date and didn't Macron say we could come to France as refugees? I mean, I'll live in Paris. Sure, it'll be hardship but I can sacrifice.
Awesome!!!

Bye!!!

Old 06-06-2017, 05:58 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I think it could easily happen via a coup in Washington and I think it might be something we might face whenever Trump leaves office, be it by impeachment, resignation, or him serving out his Presidency until 2020 or 2024.

When it happens, I am worried about severe oppression for anyone who doesn't conform or is perceived as an enemy of the state. This will include atheists, scientists, liberal historians, the LGBT community, Muslims, etc. Society will likely be a cross between "A Handmaids Tale" and "V for Vendetta." I can easily see the Southern Baptist Convention being absorbed by the new government and becoming the state church. Media and the Internet will be heavily controlled and censored by the state.

Why could this happen? A large percentage of Americans have lost faith in our system of government and believe the only option is to burn the entire thing down and start over. They realize there is no rolling back Roe v Wade, marriage equality, or forcing cultural Christianity and traditional values on everyone within the confines of our current system of government. They will need a new, right-wing authoritarian government to accomplish their goals. Whether Trump serves out his Presidency or not, it's very likely that a Democrat will be elected in 2020 or 2024 and when that happens, I don't think the far right will be able to accept it. We are already seeing more and more calls for revolution from the far right. We are headed to a very dire place in this country.

I am beginning to wonder if progressives need to start thinking about getting or renewing their passports so we can escape once the coup happens.

Maybe the Baptists were right when they were preaching that gay marriage would be the end of our country. It's simply happening in a different way than they expected.
Large percentage want to burn it down? What do you consider 'large'. I don't know anyone who has said that except some anti-Obama people who went on about the need for armed revolution, and about how the tree of liberty needs to be watered with blood.

Old 06-06-2017, 05:59 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
Awesome!!!

Bye!!!
So original. Genius.

Old 06-06-2017, 06:00 PM

3,909 posts, read 2,122,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
Awesome!!!

Bye!!!
Bonafide melting pot statement!

Old 06-06-2017, 06:01 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
Id say so...

Is that really the game you want to play?

Old 06-06-2017, 06:01 PM

3,909 posts, read 2,122,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
So original. Genius.
I found a rock outside. It fell when I dropped it. Already smarter than him/her?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies