U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-06-2017, 06:56 PM
 
12,569 posts, read 4,748,202 times
Reputation: 5552

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Try telling the Muslim protesters you want to dispense with sharia law. I don't know about the marchers on the bridge but the women filmed by CNN holding signs a couple days ago were from the "London Fatwa Council", an organization whose whole purpose is to help British Muslims live in accordance with sharia.
London Fatwa Council | The voice for women suffering in silence
Jewish, Catholic and Muslim tribunals on Religious matters are common and exist throughout the western world. they have no standing and cannot reach decision contrary to the local laws. They can be binding if they do not violate the law and the participants agree to accept their decision. Much the same as binding arbitration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-06-2017, 06:57 PM
 
17,083 posts, read 10,052,147 times
Reputation: 28527
Right on cue, same old feel good nonsense.

Ignorant buffoons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2017, 07:03 PM
 
Location: Suburb of Chicago
20,274 posts, read 9,898,642 times
Reputation: 19926
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Jewish, Catholic and Muslim tribunals on Religious matters are common and exist throughout the western world. they have no standing and cannot reach decision contrary to the local laws. They can be binding if they do not violate the law and the participants agree to accept their decision. Much the same as binding arbitration.
How do those conflict with the laws in our country?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2017, 07:08 PM
 
Location: Newport Beach, California
32,980 posts, read 19,952,237 times
Reputation: 12880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Right on cue, same old feel good nonsense.

Ignorant buffoons.
Wait,

Didn't you just post in another thread that

"If some 'terrorist' killed ONE American in some random attack in the United States, the same people here who would be screaming for his head and calling for deportation of all Muslims, are the same ones who minimize and mock innocent civilian deaths abroad caused by the American military."

Now the british people show solidarity with peace loving moderate Muslims instead of condemning all of them, you call them ignorant buffoons?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2017, 07:09 PM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
71,682 posts, read 83,272,206 times
Reputation: 41529
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Once again, I know most Muslims are decent people, but I just don't understand the left's view on over-acceptance of Islam after a terrorist attack in the name of Islam. It's just an odd thing to do. If anything, Muslims should be holding public events demanding peace within their communities, demanding that we (Muslims) need to step up and sniff out any radicals destroying our name... Instead you have the bleeding hearts cheering on Muslims as they march down the attack site, WTF The left is just saying, YES THE MORE TERRORIST ATTACKS THE MORE WE LOVE YOUR RELIGION!!!

London lives on - CNN.com
(scroll toward the end of the video)
I admire your post: well said. Yes, most Muslims are law abiding, good and honest people, but the left certainly should be able to understand why so many are uncomfortable when they see one or more together and those honest loving Muslims should be going overboard to put down those who believe killing is the answer. How can we respect a religion when we see nothing but terrorism displayed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2017, 07:19 PM
 
Location: Brawndo-Thirst-Mutilator-Nation
16,332 posts, read 16,440,473 times
Reputation: 12367
There could be a Jihad-a-day.......and still, a significant portion of any given population
would grovel-to and butt-kiss the enemy in their midst.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2017, 07:19 PM
 
2,050 posts, read 655,055 times
Reputation: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Once again, I know most Muslims are decent people, but I just don't understand the left's view on over-acceptance of Islam after a terrorist attack in the name of Islam. It's just an odd thing to do. If anything, Muslims should be holding public events demanding peace within their communities, demanding that we (Muslims) need to step up and sniff out any radicals destroying our name... Instead you have the bleeding hearts cheering on Muslims as they march down the attack site, WTF The left is just saying, YES THE MORE TERRORIST ATTACKS THE MORE WE LOVE YOUR RELIGION!!!

London lives on - CNN.com
(scroll toward the end of the video)
The killer walks in a funeral that killed him
This is a popular example
The truth is we do not say that every Muslim is a terrorist
But we say that Islamic ideology produces terrorists
They must be well distinguished
Terrorist attacks carry an ideological goal and are based on firm and established teachings in the minds of Muslims
That is why a Muslim should call for reform of his ideology
But since he believes in it, his danger will always be to societies that believe in freedom and peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2017, 07:28 PM
 
2,050 posts, read 655,055 times
Reputation: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Wait,

Didn't you just post in another thread that

"If some 'terrorist' killed ONE American in some random attack in the United States, the same people here who would be screaming for his head and calling for deportation of all Muslims, are the same ones who minimize and mock innocent civilian deaths abroad caused by the American military."

Now the british people show solidarity with peace loving moderate Muslims instead of condemning all of them, you call them ignorant buffoons?
The US military does not kill civilians
If something went wrong it was because of technology
But the doctrine of the US military prevents the killing of civilians
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2017, 07:28 PM
 
Location: USA
7,479 posts, read 5,766,724 times
Reputation: 12319
What, exactly, is the point of the OP's post?

This was a symbolic gesture, nothing more. It's existence doesn't mean that mainstream Muslims don't reject terrorism. Nor does it mean "the left" - whoever the hell that is these days in the land of the far-right - somehow "only supports Muslims" or some lunacy.

Oh, and the reason progressive show more support for mainstream Muslims after terrible attacks is because we know damn well right-wing lunatics will immediately paint all Muslims with a bloody brush and make calls to kick them all out of the nation and then kill them back in their home country. So, if you want to see fewer "liberals" supporting mainstream Muslims, maybe you should first take up your grievances with right-wing bigots who are just itching to kill them - you know, just like how the "Muslim" terrorists want to kill people. There's no difference in their desires.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2017, 07:33 PM
 
Location: USA
7,479 posts, read 5,766,724 times
Reputation: 12319
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
There could be a Jihad-a-day.......and still, a significant portion of any given population
would grovel-to and butt-kiss the enemy in their midst.
Cool - so, are you ready to take action against all the murders that happen daily in the US and are caused by people who are not Muslim? Oh, and we're including whites, Christians, and so forth in that list of murderers, just to be clear. Because you are far, FAR more likely to be harmed or killed by a "real 'merican!" vs. a Muslim terrorist. Of course, few people around here care about the facts, and when a white, right-wing lunatic goes on a killing spree, it's never called a terrorist attack. Funny how that works - it's almost as if there's an agenda afoot to control easily manipulated people by giving them a foe to hate who's different than them. Fancy that... what a shock!

The hypocrisy from the far-right is laughable. You have a higher chance of winning the lottery than being harmed in a terrorist attack, but they want to basically ban or kill all Muslims. Meanwhile, they want to make healthcare unaffordable, even though health problems are what the vast majority of people die from in reality.

As for butt-kissing the enemy, when Trump-suckers stop supporting that slimebag no matter his actions, they can then - maybe - regain the right to question other people's blind devotion to terrible individuals and ideas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top