U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2017, 06:30 PM

6,531 posts, read 1,925,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Charger View Post
There is absolutely NO way we can navigate Syria, Iran, and North Korea without a conflict coming in the future. They are too volitiale, and yes quite frankly they will eventually pose national security risks to us...but I digress. This will also be a real conflict, not a little Iraq type conflict, this will test American resolve and gusto along the lines of WW2.

We have not been tested in over 70 years. Americans today may not be ready for this. But we also can not back down.

The question is not if, but when, and why. False flag? Black swan? Operator error? Cover up a recession? Cover up impeachment?
I think you may well be right - but not for the reasons you cite.

I think it's likely that Trump will lead us into war because he's some odd version of a chicken hawk. Had deferments for himself, but clearly he's wildly aggressive, loves strutting around and dominating - and look how fast he was to attack Yemen.

In other words, the war might be something he enthusiastically fabricates, even if unnecessary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2017, 07:42 PM

818 posts, read 524,059 times
The world could use a realignment

Old 06-06-2017, 07:46 PM

2,522 posts, read 984,754 times
Notice my status. Of course if it goes nuclear my status won't matter.

Old 06-06-2017, 07:47 PM

2,522 posts, read 984,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
I think you may well be right - but not for the reasons you cite.

I think it's likely that Trump will lead us into war because he's some odd version of a chicken hawk. Had deferments for himself, but clearly he's wildly aggressive, loves strutting around and dominating - and look how fast he was to attack Yemen.

In other words, the war might be something he enthusiastically fabricates, even if unnecessary.
He's what you get when you cross a chicken hawk with the Twitter logo.

Old 06-06-2017, 07:53 PM

32,999 posts, read 19,960,878 times
Well, depends on if he can control his impulses

Under the war powers act of 1973, the president can commit troops to combat as long as he tells them about it it within 48 hours (like they wouldnít know). If Congress doesnít give some kind of permission within 60 days, the president has 30 days to get our troops out.

A president can cause a lot of mischief during those 90 days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or