Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2017, 12:40 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,904,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Bucks View Post
This deplorable Reality Winner called Trump an "orange fascist". Of course she herself is the fascist. Why in hell does someone like this get access to classified information in the first place? Hope she gets her 10 years in prison. Hope they get the rest of these leakers like the "Trump gave sensitive information to Russia" leaker. One by one we need to drain the swamp of these deep state operatives, liberal judges, liberal media outlets and of course the liberal politicians that are such a cancer on our country.
Deep state?...did you misspell "derp"??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2017, 12:52 PM

19,603 posts, read 12,203,791 times
What happens when you allow a young radicalized far left SJW access to classified government information. Keep it up and it will keep happening. She was posting something about the "resistance". Might as well give Antifa top secret clearance.

Old 06-07-2017, 01:06 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 16 days ago)

29,546 posts, read 16,524,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
To be honest, this whole thing seemed like a psyop more than anything. The story is already basically dead in MSM.

It didn't really reveal anything, other than, oh look Russia tried to hack us in some way. But still proved nothing that had to do with Trump or collusion.

Also, I think the girl changed her name from Sara Winner to Reality Winner. But this whole thing just seems like...idk...out of place.

Just my humble opinon.
As the media always says, some things are just baked in.

We actually learned for the first time, that the Russians are believed to have tried to hack voting software, which is a far bigger problem than anyone was arguing before.

Before, it was just fake youtube and facebook accounts posting right wing propaganda articles and videos, now there is a question of whether the russians succeeded in hacking voter machine software and if so, did they change votes.

Im not saying they did, im just saying a lot did change, but everyone has already picked a side in this argument.

Old 06-07-2017, 01:43 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,813,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesg View Post
Well if she isn't wrong then she shouldn't go to jail, right?
wrong. 10 yrs.
Even if what she released is factual - in that Russians attempted to hack our election, she should go to jail.

There was no reason for her to release that information IMO especially since there is an ongoing investigation and that information would more than likely be looked at when determining the outcome of said investigation.

As a federal contractor or employee, unless there is some sort of imminent danger, I never agree with releasing classified information. Not matter if it is right or wrong it should not have been released.

Old 06-07-2017, 01:48 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,224,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Bucks View Post
This deplorable Reality Winner called Trump an "orange fascist". Of course she herself is the fascist. Why in hell does someone like this get access to classified information in the first place? Hope she gets her 10 years in prison. Hope they get the rest of these leakers like the "Trump gave sensitive information to Russia" leaker. One by one we need to drain the swamp of these deep state operatives, liberal judges, liberal media outlets and of course the liberal politicians that are such a cancer on our country.
Can you explain to the good people of city-data how this woman is a fascist?

Old 06-07-2017, 01:58 PM

4,178 posts, read 2,645,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
As the media always says, some things are just baked in.

We actually learned for the first time, that the Russians are believed to have tried to hack voting software, which is a far bigger problem than anyone was arguing before.

Before, it was just fake youtube and facebook accounts posting right wing propaganda articles and videos, now there is a question of whether the russians succeeded in hacking voter machine software and if so, did they change votes.

Im not saying they did, im just saying a lot did change, but everyone has already picked a side in this argument.
Well, it was never doubted. But again, it didn't really state who in Russia. It could've maybe been the Russian government, or it could've been some random 17 year old kid in a basement in Russia. It doesn't really prove anything at all. That, and it's already know from the Vault 7 dump that the CIA could mask any country they want as hackers.

Which is why I ask, why would she be that desperate to leak that information, of all things?

And it's still doubtful because lots of people just didn't like Hillary and either didn't vote, or were Bernie people and voted for Trump instead.

This whole thing is just strange and I don't know why 7 months later, it's still a thing. But Hillary clearly thinks everything BUT her is why she lost, when it was ONLY her as to why she lost.

Old 06-07-2017, 02:04 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,648,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post

Which is why I ask, why would she be that desperate to leak that information, of all things?
Here's my take on it having a 25 y/o old daughter who does yoga, is a Bernie supporter, and hates Trump (she also has a clearance!!)...she's immature and misguided. A lot of these young kids got very into politics in this last election and, being young, see things VERY black and white. They are also overly emotional and dramatic. Not all of them, mind you, but I see this in many of them. Extremely idealistic. And most of the dislike Trump immensely. The chaos of this administration has not helped anything one iota.

This girl, in the course of her job, sees this information, and probably much more. In her mind, she is watching the media, getting outrage and what she sees as a coverup of sorts about the election. Probably feels members in Congress aren't taking it seriously and she decides to the show the world. That's all I think it is. But very, very, very stupid. She has ruined her life and, IMO, the information was not even worth it. I think we all KNEW it to be true anyway. In fact, I'm not even sure why the information was still Top Secret at this point.

Old 06-07-2017, 02:10 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,356,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Here's my take on it having a 25 y/o old daughter who does yoga, is a Bernie supporter, and hates Trump (she also has a clearance!!)...she's immature and misguided. A lot of these young kids got very into politics in this last election and, being young, see things VERY black and white. They are also overly emotional and dramatic. Not all of them, mind you, but I see this in many of them. Extremely idealistic. And most of the dislike Trump immensely. The chaos of this administration has not helped anything one iota.

This girl, in the course of her job, sees this information, and probably much more. In her mind, she is watching the media, getting outrage and what she sees as a coverup of sorts about the election. Probably feels members in Congress aren't taking it seriously and she decides to the show the world. That's all I think it is. But very, very, very stupid. She has ruined her life and, IMO, the information was not even worth it. I think we all KNEW it to be true anyway. In fact, I'm not even sure why the information was still Top Secret at this point.
I think you have apparently missed the massive numbers of conservatives denying that this is true here. For months. Over and over.

52,433 posts, read 26,600,078 times
Quote:
..... In fact, I'm not even sure why the information was still Top Secret at this point.
Very easy answer to that. Once released, it immediately told the hackers the US Government had detected them.

Any attempts to counter it, gain more intel about it, or to actually catch who was doing it, was completely destroyed.

It also exposed our methods of detection. All and all huge harm to our country because this little "snowflake" couldn't handle the responsibilities of real life.

4,178 posts, read 2,645,949 times
Quote:

This is what is getting scary about the media overhyping every single thing and the harmful rhetoric by, I hate to say it, the left. Her twitter feed was just all these anti-Trump talking points and anti-white talking points. Stuff that sites like Buzzfeed and .mic are pushing out to people my age.

It's nice to have political viewpoints, but...it's like WHAT IF there WAS damaging and potentially dangeous security information leaked in those documents?

And now you have morons like Michael Moore encouraging govt employees to leak information to Trumpileaks. This is just getting out of hand.

I don't care if you're a Trump supporter or not, but this is getting into some scary territory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies