Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2017, 11:50 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,648,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
I wonder if the same people who are condemning Ms. Winner cheered for Snowden? Hmmmm.
Well, Snowden actually released relevant information that actually mattered. And admitted to it and didn't anonymously submit it.

This girl just sent some stuff anonymously that basically didn't prove anything at all.

Big difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2017, 11:51 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Reality Winner's lawyer asks public to ignore her anti-Trump tweets

Sure, no problem - as soon as the courts ignore Trump's prior statements and implement the travel ban.

Old 06-07-2017, 11:52 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,729,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
hahaha,,,what a joke. The Russians didn't do anything to the extent it affected anything. Come on McCarthy. BTW, stealing intelligence IS A CRIME! Glad you support criminals.
Exactly. It is not her place to pass classified information to the media. I hope they tack on a $250k fine to boot.

Old 06-07-2017, 11:53 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,523,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
Yes, very deep state. 25 years old and has worked not for the government, but for a contractor for the government for a few months.
I can't find the link, but I saw where she'd been working since 2013 which would jive with being a college graduate, which I assume she is. I believe the "few months" is the time spent working since being moved to Georgia. Not that this means anything to the actual topic at hand

Old 06-07-2017, 11:55 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
yawn. You folks are getting some "OMG its the Deep State!" excitement going on here. lol. Nope its just some lady who thinks we should know that hey the Russians REALLY are getting up in our elections.

And she isn't wrong. Up until now most have you have gone on and on about how there is no evidence, and anonymous sources arent good enough, etc etc.

And now that we know the truth, many of you focus on punishing the person who made it so that we do know.

Do you have any idea how 1984'ish you guys sound? I mean...seriously?
So what exactly did she reveal about what the Russians are REALLY doing?

Disclosing state secrets for the good of the country might get you a pass by the American people. Still wrong, but understandable. Still going to prison, but they can consider themselves doing their part as an American.

Disclosing secrets because you hate the current president, and are still hurt over his election, and want to hurt his administration is far, far worse. Very wrong. Definitely going to prison, where she can spend hours contemplating how getting caught up in the #nevertrump movement ruined her life.

Old 06-07-2017, 11:58 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Reality Winner's lawyer asks public to ignore her anti-Trump tweets

Sure, no problem - as soon as the courts ignore Trump's prior statements and implement the travel ban.
lol. yeah, sure

'but listen to and believe her parents!' he squeals.

Quote:
In a Daily Mail interview, her parents admitted that she is "not a fan" of President Trump, but said their daughter, an Air Force veteran, is being used for "political purposes."

That story indicated that Winner's parents also are Trump opponents.

Old 06-07-2017, 11:58 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,648,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
So what exactly did she reveal about what the Russians are REALLY doing?

Disclosing state secrets for the good of the country might get you a pass by the American people. Still wrong, but understandable. Still going to prison, but they can consider themselves doing their part as an American.

Disclosing secrets because you hate the current president, and are still hurt over his election, and want to hurt his administration is far, far worse. Very wrong. Definitely going to prison, where she can spend hours contemplating how getting caught up in the #nevertrump movement ruined her life.
This.

She didn't really reveal anything. And only did it just to spite Trump.

The MSM didn't even really bother covering this, and instead, the focus was more on her leaking the info to the website, not on the actual information itself, because it didn't really show anything than "Yeah, Russia tried to hack into the system".

It's like...okay? lol.

But if you hold a top secret clearance and do something like that....big no no. Do you know how many people would love to have a clearance that high, and how expensive they are to get?

Old 06-07-2017, 11:59 AM

19,632 posts, read 12,226,539 times
She is a flaming idiot if she thought she wouldn't get caught. It is very easy to trace where this came from.

She had no business working for this current government, which she clearly hates, in any capacity but particularly with classified information. I hope she gets the harshest punishment. She looks like she could take care of herself in prison.

Old 06-07-2017, 12:00 PM

348 posts, read 256,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I can't find the link, but I saw where she'd been working since 2013 which would jive with being a college graduate, which I assume she is. I believe the "few months" is the time spent working since being moved to Georgia. Not that this means anything to the actual topic at hand
She did not go to college she enlisted in the military out of high school.

Just think you can go from high school, a few years in the military, and then get a job with high classified security clearance of US documents and information. The vetting system to keep the country safe must be brutal.

Old 06-07-2017, 12:02 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebebe View Post
She did not go to college she enlisted in the military out of high school.

Just think you can go from high school, a few years in the military, and then get a job with high classified security clearance of US documents and information. The vetting system to keep the country safe must be brutal.
it's actually easier for the youngsters to get high level clearances as they have so little history to screw up in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies