Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2017, 12:12 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
My conscience is always clear.

I don't need YOU to tell me how should I feel.
Odd that you would demand over and over that I answer your question that I've answered before but you don't answer mine.

Why are we in Syria? Who authorized it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2017, 12:17 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Odd that you would demand over and over that I answer your question that I've answered before but you don't answer mine.

Why are we in Syria? Who authorized it?
First of all, you have never answered my question.

Second paragraph, well, learn to ask me nicely, then I will answer your question.

By the way, if you want an honest debate, then you need to quote my ENTIRE post

This is the ENTIRE post

"My conscience is always clear.

I don't need YOU to tell me how should I feel. American troops are not perfect, but they don't target innocent civilians on purpose.

Your second paragraph has nothing to do with the point I was making. I have already posted, you can criticize American foreign policy all you want. But nothing changed the fact that No military force in modern history has worked as diligently to avoid civilian casualties. why? trigger happy madmen are not good for anybody. Get your fact straight."

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 06-12-2017 at 12:29 PM..

Old 06-12-2017, 01:05 PM

Quote:
First of all, you have never answered my question.

Second paragraph, well, learn to ask me nicely, then I will answer your question.

By the way, if you want an honest debate, then you need to quote my ENTIRE post

This is the ENTIRE post

"My conscience is always clear.

I don't need YOU to tell me how should I feel. American troops are not perfect, but they don't target innocent civilians on purpose.

Your second paragraph has nothing to do with the point I was making. I have already posted, you can criticize American foreign policy all you want. But nothing changed the fact that No military force in modern history has worked as diligently to avoid civilian casualties. why? trigger happy madmen are not good for anybody. Get your fact straight."
I've shown where we have not done what you said and my question goes directly to that fact. Why are we in Syria? Who authorized it?

We are killing innocent civilians in an illegal war in a place we have absolutely not business being in. With that the case, to make sure we do not kill civilians, we bring the troops home.

We drop a bomb from far off we know we are going to kill civilians, so we are targeting them in an illegal, unjust, indefensible war.

We make excuses for it but that does not bring the innocent people we kill back from the dead.

Past month ‘deadliest on record’ for Syrian civilians killed in US-led air strikes

Total of 225 people, including 36 women and 44 children, killed by friendly fire in the last four-week period, monitor says

Past month

Why are we there at all?

Old 06-12-2017, 01:13 PM

Quote:
I've shown where we have not done what you said and my question goes directly to that fact. Why are we in Syria? Who authorized it?

We are killing innocent civilians in an illegal war in a place we have absolutely not business being in. With that the case, to make sure we do not kill civilians, we bring the troops home.

We drop a bomb from far off we know we are going to kill civilians, so we are targeting them in an illegal, unjust, indefensible war.

We make excuses for it but that does not bring the innocent people we kill back from the dead.

Past month ‘deadliest on record’ for Syrian civilians killed in US-led air strikes

Total of 225 people, including 36 women and 44 children, killed by friendly fire in the last four-week period, monitor says

Past month

Why are we there at all?
well, you can argue all day long that the wars are indefensible. I agree with you.

but nothing change the fact that No military force in modern history has worked as diligently to avoid civilian casualties.

I used to think you are just anti-war, now I think you are also anti military, well, based on your posting history. The genuine anti-war folks will always have my respect. You are not one of them.

Your calling US military "terrorists" says it all.

Old 06-12-2017, 01:16 PM

4,067 posts, read 2,273,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
So original. What's next? We going to sic Rambo and the Arnold on em? We are already at war with jihadists. What's more to do? Genocide? Something tells me that would be a bad idea. I wish for once that somebody would come up with some original and thought provoking strategy to deal with our foreign and domestic issues.
Ok let's have it? What solutions do you think might work?

Old 06-12-2017, 01:21 PM

Quote:
well, you can argue all day long that the wars are indefensible. I agree with you.
So end of story. We are NOT doing all we can to limit civilian deaths. We have NO business being there.

Old 06-12-2017, 01:36 PM

Quote:
So end of story. We are NOT doing all we can to limit civilian deaths. We have NO business being there.
well, it is not "end of the story"

NOBODY (certainly not me) disagreed with you when you said we had NO business being there.

But when you call u.s. military terrorists, you at least have some explanation to do.

Plus, I've never said "we are doing all we can to limit civilian deaths", I said, nothing change the fact that No military force in modern history has worked as diligently to avoid civilian casualties.
Calling US military terrorist is biased and quite frankly, mean spirited and dishonest and IGNORANT to say the least.

Why don't you volunteer at a VA hospital and talk to those genuine anti-war folks? NONE of them talks like you. Just sayin'

Old 06-12-2017, 01:47 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times
Quote:
We had a president that admitted to torture and said he would do it again. We elected a president that said we should kill the terrorists and their families. We elected a president that armed terrorists out of a foreign country.

I've addressed this question. We are not any better than those we claim to be better than.
It's a good thing that our leaders are elected and that we, as a people, are able to challenge them, both in the voting booth and by the exercise of our free speech. I don't believe the American people as a people support torture, or killing the families of terrorists. I don't believe the American people want our government to arm terrorists either.

Old 06-12-2017, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
It's a good thing that our leaders are elected and that we, as a people, are able to challenge them, both in the voting booth and by the exercise of our free speech. I don't believe the American people as a people support torture, or killing the families of terrorists. I don't believe the American people want our government to arm terrorists either.
And yet, that is what we voted for.

The people of Syria elected Assad also.

Old 06-12-2017, 02:09 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times
Quote:
And yet, that is what we voted for.

The people of Syria elected Assad also.
Well, the majority of Americans didn't vote for Trump. He was elected to office because of a quirk in our election process. We'll have to see if he gets re-elected. I will say that I find it shocking that Trump has the support he does have, given his rhetoric. It dismays me that people tout their support of Trump as somehow being pro-American, when so much of what he proposes goes against American principles.

And the process in Syria isn't exactly a model for fair elections.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies