U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2017, 10:04 AM

4,116 posts, read 2,443,525 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
Oh look... it is the "She was asking for rape!" defense.
Not even a little bit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2017, 10:09 AM

4,491 posts, read 1,661,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
Not even a little bit.
It's how he argues, if you can even call it that. He just accuses people of things baseless. I apparently "defend terrorism." You "defend rape." You can see a theme. Baseless nonsensical crap.

And he has the gall to accuse me of being immature.

He almost certainly won't respond to either of us. He won't admit he's wrong.

Just ignore him. It's useful.

Old 06-07-2017, 10:12 AM

66,158 posts, read 33,583,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
‘Kill them. Kill them all’: GOP congressman calls for war against radical Islamists '

Looks like a call for violence. It might be just a poor choice of words but people are more comfortable with that nowadays.

In this day and age we have politicians body-slamming journalists and calling for killing. This is a dismaying change in our nation.

We can only learn from History(unless you destroy it and erase it)
It is way past due.

The evil in the world today, comes from one political ideology.

Old 06-07-2017, 10:13 AM

4,285 posts, read 1,394,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
Funny. You call me stupid yet you think I'm defending something I'm not...

Fine. Let be perfectly mature with you.

I don't think we should declare war against radical Islam. Not because I want to defend them, as you baseless assert, but because I don't think we need to. End our military occupation of the world and worry about ourselves and our allies. If a state, no matter who it is, doesn't want to be our ally, we don't dispose of their leadership and instate one that's friendly to us. We move on.
Problem here is your premise is driving the narrative. You are implying that the reason there is terrorism right now is because of our involvement, not because Islam promotes such and so has created radical factions that attempt to see its will done.

Quote:
If we want to avoid terrorism, secure our borders, work with the international community to give refuse to those escaping terrorism, and punish terrorism accordingly. To be very certain, I do not believe that a terrorist attack in Syria is our problem. Cruel as it may seem, we cannot do that. Should an ally be attacked, I'm perfectly fine with offering support. But we cannot be the world's police. It's not sustainable and it goes against all traditional American values, like liberty and self determination.
No, we can't be the worlds police and I am certainly in agreement with you on this point. I don't believe in policing the world. I am more of a "You mess with us, we come in and wipe you out. take your resources enough to pay our bills and move on". Also, if you think simply closing our borders will stop Terrorism, then you aren't being honest. The problem is with Islam, it is the basis for the radicals. You see, there are two types of Muslims. The one who disregards part of the teachings of Islam to practice in the modern world, and the other who properly follows it. The terrorist is the one who is following Islam and the moment you understand that, you realize that no wall will keep it out as it is already within.

Quote:
The war on terror is a sham and it's supporters are reduced to calling those who oppose it terrorist sympathizers, which is a pretty good indication that those in favor know they have nothing.

I await your mature and enlightened response.
I don't see you condemning terrorism, and radical Islam. I see you like Obama, avoiding such and taking the position of admonishing people for saying "Kill all radical Islamics".

The basis of your entire argument is "We are the cause, we can't blame them because it is all our fault anyway" which is severe ignorance.

Old 06-07-2017, 10:15 AM

12,639 posts, read 7,291,824 times
Quote:
Problem here is your premise is driving the narrative. You are implying that the reason there is terrorism right now is because of our involvement, not because Islam promotes such and so has created radical factions that attempt to see its will done.

No, we can't be the worlds police and I am certainly in agreement with you on this point. I don't believe in policing the world. I am more of a "You mess with us, we come in and wipe you out. take your resources enough to pay our bills and move on".

I don't see you condemning terrorism, and radical Islam. I see you like Obama, avoiding such and taking the position of admonishing people for saying "Kill all radical Islamics".

The basis of your entire argument is "We are the cause, we can't blame them because it is all our fault anyway" which is severe ignorance.
You're wasting your time arguing with a teenager or a millennial. They just don't know and understand logic and fact. They've been brainwashed to hate America, and it is very sad.

Old 06-07-2017, 10:19 AM

4,285 posts, read 1,394,524 times
Quote:
It's how he argues, if you can even call it that. He just accuses people of things baseless. I apparently "defend terrorism." You "defend rape." You can see a theme. Baseless nonsensical crap.

And he has the gall to accuse me of being immature.

He almost certainly won't respond to either of us. He won't admit he's wrong.

Just ignore him. It's useful.
I am not wrong, you people are defending it, excusing it and then acting pretentious and arrogant about it.

That poster is blaming the terrorism on the US's involvement, but in order to think that is the cause, one has to be as dumb as a rock and ignorant of the Koran and the history of Islam in the world.

The problem here is your arguments are ignorant political boot licking progressive narratives. not a single individual thought among them.

Old 06-07-2017, 10:26 AM

Quote:
I think there are a number of things that create terrorists. To say "it's our fault" or "it's because they're Muslims" are both too simplistic to be enough.

Quote:
No, we can't be the worlds police and I am certainly in agreement with you on this point. I don't believe in policing the world. I am more of a "You mess with us, we come in and wipe you out. take your resources enough to pay our bills and move on". Also, if you think simply closing our borders will stop Terrorism, then you aren't being honest. The problem is with Islam, it is the basis for the radicals. You see, there are two types of Muslims. The one who disregard part of the teachings of Islam to practice in the modern world, and the other who properly follows it. The terrorist is the one who is following Islam and the moment you understand that, you realize that no wall will keep it out as it is already within.
Wipe who out? Islamic Terrorists aren't a monolithic group. There are many groups, many of whom haven't actually done anything to us.

You're talking about a war on an idea. How do you intend to fight such a war?

And of course border security won't stop terrorism. You can't stop terrorism. This isn't a movie. There are no super heroes. There will always be wars, always be terrorists, always be dictators. There will be peace times. But nothing lasts forever. The best we can do is keep our borders safe and punish those who do wrong. I hold to the old America ideal of not hunting monsters abroad.

Quote:

That's not my position. Why are your arguments always centered around accusing people of things without cause?

I hold a realistic view of the world. Radical Islam isn't something you can just declare war on. The world isn't actually good and evil and there's not just one simple answer to this. Some terrorists do see themselves a freedom fighters, fighting the tyranny of western imperialism. Others feel they're doing god's work; nothing more, nothing less. And many are victims of a ****** telling them they must do what they do. Regardless, I don't see a reasonable strategy for hunting down "all radical Muslims." How do you expect that to work? Ignoring the likely necessary violation of all international laws and American values, I'm not even sure what this guy is suggesting is even possible. And you can ridiculously say I'm "defending terrorism" all you want. I'm not going to support a strategy that is purely to get his based excited. It's a stupid idea to even pretend to take seriously since there is literally no strategy that could pull of what he wants.

Old 06-07-2017, 10:26 AM

16,268 posts, read 9,076,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
‘Kill them. Kill them all’: GOP congressman calls for war against radical Islamists '

Looks like a call for violence. It might be just a poor choice of words but people are more comfortable with that nowadays.

In this day and age we have politicians body-slamming journalists and calling for killing. This is a dismaying change in our nation.
"Radicalized Islamic"

he wasn't talking about Muslims in general. good grief.

Old 06-07-2017, 10:30 AM

Quote:
I am not wrong, you people are defending it, excusing it and then acting pretentious and arrogant about it.

That poster is blaming the terrorism on the US's involvement, but in order to think that is the cause, one has to be as dumb as a rock and ignorant of the Koran and the history of Islam in the world.

The problem here is your arguments are ignorant political boot licking progressive narratives. not a single individual thought among them.
His arguments aren't my arguments. The world isn't black and white.

And no. I oppose this because what's being suggested is beyond ridiculous.

Old 06-07-2017, 10:34 AM

16,268 posts, read 9,076,702 times
we do not have the will power or willingness to do what needs to be done to end this. Aint going to happen. I get the frustration the Rep is expressing but he doesn't have it any more right than those that are suggesting this is a war of ideology that cannot be defeated. It can be. but we will not do it.

The way to win this would require invasion, and occupation for 3 generations where anyone expressing a version of Islam that included Political Islam is stamped out. Religious Islam is fine. Political Islam is the enemy.

and it will remain the enemy as long as it exists... Political Islam has been the enemy of every single Muslim since Muhammad died. They have been killing each other for 1400 years. Now they have just decided the west gets to join the party.

What we will do is play nice with some of them, drone bomb others of them. support some in their war with others and in general wax poetic about peace.

which will not happen. not until they set off a nuclear bomb somewhere in the west, then we will maybe retaliate against all of them... but even then I am not hopeful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or