Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2017, 02:04 AM

31,002 posts, read 22,045,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Just before Congress leaves for Thanksgiving Day 2017. But Trump will leave declaring victory for all the huge and great things he did.
One thing you can be sure about Trump, he won't be trading Deserters for Terrorist, or inviting BLM or the Muslim Brotherhood into the White house
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2017, 02:11 AM

4,765 posts, read 3,730,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegitBusiness View Post
Vice President Mike Pence is a good candidate for presidency but I don't foresee Trump getting the ouste of peach so I don't know where all this chat about Republicans not warming up with Trump originates because I don't see this alleged disapproval. I think viewers are overly sensitive and they read too deep that things appear worse than they actually are. President Trump has no impeachable actions under his belt. His impeachers would be hard pressed to find a real reason to give him the ouste of peach. Maybe we should ask his enemies, "Would you like the cobbler or the yogurt?"

Cataracts?

Old 06-07-2017, 02:14 AM

4,765 posts, read 3,730,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
One thing you can be sure about Trump, he won't be trading Deserters for Terrorist, or inviting BLM or the Muslim Brotherhood into the White house
Is that an endorsement? Add to your list, he hasn't murdered any babies!

He did however invite the propaganda arm of an authoritarian government to the WH Oval Office in an unprecedented breach of good judgement and security. Maybe he'll host Kim Jung Un at Mar-a-Lago next? And tell us all how much he admires him!

Old 06-07-2017, 02:41 AM

31,002 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker281 View Post
Is that an endorsement? Add to your list, he hasn't murdered any babies!

He did however invite the propaganda arm of an authoritarian government to the WH Oval Office in an unprecedented breach of good judgement and security. Maybe he'll host Kim Jung Un at Mar-a-Lago next? And tell us all how much he admires him!

Your right, that was bad judgement by the Cheeto in Chief, having a conversation with a Russian in the Oval office.

Touche' thanks for reminding me

"Obama also began an air campaign targeting Yemen. His first strike was a catastrophe: commanders thought they were targeting al Qaeda but instead hit a tribe with cluster munitions, killing 55 people. Twenty-one were children – 10 of them under five. Twelve were women, five of them pregnant.

I'll add all of the other drone strikes he approved that killed children and babies! Probably a record for a Peace Prize winner
https://www.thebureauinvestigates.co...ikes-than-bush

Old 06-07-2017, 03:59 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,247,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
If Trump is impeached or resigns, I think Mike Pence, considering his hands are clean and he doesn't go down with the ship, has a unique opportunity to save the Republican Party. Conservatives will love him. He's mostly like Trump on domestic policy but he knows how to work with Congress and would actually be able to get something done. More of the conservative agenda will get accomplished with Mike Pence as President than it will under Trump. We have a Republican congress and we are basically stalled under the man. I think Independents and some Democrats, though will have serious policy disagreements with Pence, will be so relieved to be rid of Trump that even they will give him approval, at least at first. The far left will continue to try to take down Pence but the extremes do what they do. I think Pence will likely start with an approval rating in the 70s. If things start going well under him, he could easily be re-elected in a landslide in 2020. Trump has a mountain to climb for re-election in 2020, despite what his hardcore supporters think. If Trump serves to 2020 and gets defeated, my guess is it will be a long time before many independent voters vote Republican again. Mike Pence could in essence at least help save the Republican brand going forward, providing he isn't a complete disaster like who we currently have in office.

P.S. if all you can say is "but Hillary" or "you lost, snowflake" please don't respond to this.
Trump isn't going anywhere.

Old 06-07-2017, 05:21 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,902,827 times
I think you folks have lied to yourself so much that it will be shocking to the core if your reality does not become actual reality.

I am actually kind of worried as you people are likely to be very emotional and drastic in your response to such.

Old 06-07-2017, 05:31 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,583,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionInOcala View Post
Pence is a mixed bag of good and bad ideology, but he's fairly consistent and occasionally open to changing his mind. I'd consider him a net improvement over Trump on the whole, but I wouldn't label myself a willful supporter of him.

Some of his positions I take particular umbrage with.
Bland and stodgy. Might be just the recipe.

Old 06-07-2017, 06:12 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
If Trump is impeached or resigns, I think Mike Pence, considering his hands are clean and he doesn't go down with the ship, has a unique opportunity to save the Republican Party. Conservatives will love him. He's mostly like Trump on domestic policy but he knows how to work with Congress and would actually be able to get something done. More of the conservative agenda will get accomplished with Mike Pence as President than it will under Trump. We have a Republican congress and we are basically stalled under the man. I think Independents and some Democrats, though will have serious policy disagreements with Pence, will be so relieved to be rid of Trump that even they will give him approval, at least at first. The far left will continue to try to take down Pence but the extremes do what they do. I think Pence will likely start with an approval rating in the 70s. If things start going well under him, he could easily be re-elected in a landslide in 2020. Trump has a mountain to climb for re-election in 2020, despite what his hardcore supporters think. If Trump serves to 2020 and gets defeated, my guess is it will be a long time before many independent voters vote Republican again. Mike Pence could in essence at least help save the Republican brand going forward, providing he isn't a complete disaster like who we currently have in office.

P.S. if all you can say is "but Hillary" or "you lost, snowflake" please don't respond to this.
If,if, if.

Ain't gonna happen.

The repub party does NOT need "saving"!

They hold the presidency, the Senate, the House MOST Governors, state legislatures, etc.

I think you are confused.

You should give more of your time to the dem party which has been in a downward spiral ever since 2009.

Old 06-07-2017, 06:13 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Someone that was about to get beat badly in his home state and wouldn't have been able to muster 2% if he had run for president is never going to get a 70% approval rating.

I'm amazed at those on the "left" that would push something like this since as noted, Pence might be able to get things done where Trump will mostly just twitter at night not actually accomplishing much of anything.

It goes to show that too much of the country is still being run by the establishment. The (D) establishment would even rather have an establishment president that will do so much they claim to be against (yes, I know, they aren't really) than Trump who they see as trampling on their god given place.

Old 06-07-2017, 06:15 AM

20,099 posts, read 8,998,912 times
I'd say Pence is the front runner for President after Trump's 2 terms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies