Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2017, 02:39 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
You're a Reverend? And you're participating in gay pride events?
Reverend - not priest. Catholic priest - probably not.

Although back in the day when I was attending mass, our parish used to do a lot of volunteer work with gays who had been diagnosed with AIDS and were in hospice - championed by one of the priest's in the parish.

Compassion doesn't have a religion, a color, an age, a gender, or a sexual preference. Even some priests, and dare I say our Holy Father, have figured this out.

Old 06-07-2017, 02:50 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,225,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Never heard of Folsom Street Fair?
You are really on top of this stuff, aren't you?

Are the three McDonald's in Washington DC going to be having leather clad dudes handing these out to kiddies?

Are you going to travel here to D.C. just so you can fuss at them?

Old 06-07-2017, 02:51 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,126,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
For something to be labeled "unnatural," it would have to not occur in nature.
Ok, so when did the last guy get pregnant after getting that, as "Chef" put it: "a great big looong huppajoop stuck up his butt".

http://southparkstudios.mtvnimages.c...probe_16x9.jpg?

Old 06-07-2017, 02:53 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,126,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
I have been to and participated in pride parades in Canada, the U.S. and Australia. Never once did I run into nudity or full blown sex out in the streets.

When I went to Mardi Gras I did see full on nudity in the streets and full blown sex, in the bars mind you, not the street.

Based on my experience, the heterosexuals are the deviant ones, not the gays & lesbians.
Your kidding right? Even the B2B has plenty of nudity.

Old 06-07-2017, 02:54 PM

4,488 posts, read 1,642,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
To answer your questions, I don't care what you display or if you get a flag or whatever. Do as you wish. Go ahead and ask McDonalds to print stickers (though I don't think anyone asked McDonalds to do what they're actually doing). And I am not gay so I cannot speak on behalf of the LGBT community, so I can't say for sure how they'd respond, though they'd probably say that no one ever really had an issue with straight people stuff and don't really need a parade. But like I said, not gay so do as you wish.
I agree. I'm gay and could care less if McDonalds has these "Gay fries" or not. I don't attend gay pride events, or even go to gay clubs, and I'm still reasonably young. Also, if people wanted straight pride festivals/parades, it wouldn't bother me at all... go for it!!

Old 06-07-2017, 02:58 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,225,728 times
How offensive! Just think of the children!

Honestly, kids would only know that this has anything to do with gay pride if adults made an issue of it.

Old 06-07-2017, 02:58 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,020,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
How is demanding the laws of the land to be maintained regarding immigration doing wrong to illegal aliens? I guess you're trying to insinuate the deporting illegal aliens who commit crimes is doing them wrong? What are you trying to imply? That conservatives are mean to illegal aliens?

And how does this tie in with what I asked about being a gay Christian?
I never once said anything about illegal aliens. I was commenting more on those who like to tell people to "go back to Africa" or "We only speak Englsih in America."

And it ties in with your gay Christian comment because if you expect gay Christians to follow every verse of the Bible, then you should expect all Christians to follow every verse. You cant just cherry pick.

Old 06-07-2017, 03:01 PM

20,458 posts, read 12,379,585 times
i want to say something funny but seriously it would be taken wrong. so nah...
i do think its sad that food is now part of the culture war.
war is a terrible thing where even the winners end up scarred

on to more important stuff... if McDs is doing this its gotta mean they are despirate to do anything... are they jumping the shark?

Old 06-07-2017, 03:02 PM

15,529 posts, read 10,499,357 times
Private company they can do whatever they wish. We don't eat at McDonalds anyway, it's on the low end of the junk food totem pole.

Old 06-07-2017, 03:02 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,163,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
So Mcdonald's is going to release gay theme fries. Coming soon! Your fries will come in a cool rainbow colored box in order of gay pride month!

First of all, if I was an investor in McDonalds, I would be pissed. Mcdonalds could be looking at some boycotts over their rainbow fries. Why do these companies feel the need to have a position on social issues? You make fast food. No one wants to go to Mcdonalds to hear or see a message about gay pride. They just want the food that they are used to. Such a move serves no benefit business wise as people like Christians may choose to no longer do business there. It just shows there is a liberal agenda at play here even at the cost of making money.

I don't want to go to Mcdonalds and see some barrier that says, "check out our gay fries in fun rainbow colors because being gay is fun and cool!" Of course, they will say they are only showing support for the gay community, but I see it as marking a specific message especially to kids.

Most Christians including myself don't care how someone wants to live their life as long as they are not causing harm to others. But these marketing ploy is just another growing instance of the LGBT community forcing a pro-gay message onto the public. Just give me fries.
They probably get more business by being inclusive than listening to the protests of small minded people. Economically, I am sure they have done the math and believe the boycotts not only will not hurt them, buy may also give them some free advertising.

I don't think you can speak for everyone.

The liberal agenda is likely to include as many people as possible. Whereas your agenda is to exclude as many as possible if they don't go along with your beliefs.

You don't have to.

Some people see "pink elephant's on parade - doesn't mean they are there.

BS. You care very much that people don't do things you don't like. This thread is just one example in proof.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies