U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-07-2017, 02:24 PM
 
10,097 posts, read 7,533,279 times
Reputation: 5225

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
I have been to and participated in pride parades in Canada, the U.S. and Australia. Never once did I run into nudity or full blown sex out in the streets.

When I went to Mardi Gras I did see full on nudity in the streets and full blown sex, in the bars mind you, not the street.

Based on my experience, the heterosexuals are the deviant ones, not the gays & lesbians.
Stop lying. I've been to the gay pride parades in both LA and in Houston and have seen some pretty racy, sexual stuff and some nudity. I don't know about the sex on the streets. That is hyperbole but I cannot stand this making gays out to be angels just to keep the right wing attacks at bay.

They're like anyone else and the celebration is also one of sexual liberation and breaking free from being held back in the closet for so long. Heck in West Hollywood it gets pretty racy during Halloween too.

I think where the LGBT movement is going wrong by appeasing straight America and acting as though they need to apologize for what they do at pride parades. They don't need to. IF you don't like it, don't go. It's that simple.

 
Old 06-07-2017, 02:28 PM
 
2,682 posts, read 905,300 times
Reputation: 1012
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
It make sense to find Nazism morally wrong. The position that Nazi's hold is actually absurd. Not only is there no moral principle to explain their position, it's also scientifically inaccurate.

As for being against gay pride, a movement that advocates for preventing members of the LGBT community from facing discrimination, harassment, or violence, that doesn't make sense. Do you think that gay people should be subject to harassment? Sure the parades and such are a little over the top, but if you look at the history of the movement, at it's core it's really just to keep gay people from being treated like second class citizens. And honestly, only an ******* can really oppose that.
Absolutely no. How about if I display my straight sexual preferences openly in public with some type of flag / sticker symbol, do you think I should be subjected to harassment? Can I ask McDonalds to put that symbol on their Big Mac carton for all to see in observance? How would the gay community and their supports/sympathizers feel about that one?

Of course this is just a hypothetical, I wish not to put such a symbol on anything, as I don't have the need to display such preference nor do I have the need to have anyone's support, sympathy and/or approval for what I choose to do in my personal life.
 
Old 06-07-2017, 02:29 PM
 
10,097 posts, read 7,533,279 times
Reputation: 5225
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
There are a lot of things in the bible that are sins, if you followed them all, i doubt you would end up here posting.

Our laws allow and even subsidize some sins.

But "sin" is a stupid term in and of itself. what is a "sin" is arbitrary at best. logically, something that is involuntary shouldnt be a sin, and yet it is.
I am always surprised at how liberals treat the Bible and Christianity that they critique so much. I am not even Christian yet the little I know growing up in a culturally Christian small town and being around it, one would easily know that Jesus did away with the law in terms of following the littlest thing to the letter which some of you guys throw back at Christians such as not wearing clothes of two threads or other stuff designated for the tribes of Israel in the Old Testament to bring forth the Messiah. The context is supposed to be to live like Christ in the Bible and you're indirectly following the law.

That is basic Christianity 101 that even little Sunday school kids are taught, yet I keep hearing liberal bring up the shaving of the beards is sinful or what not.

I am not here to try and defend Christians but I do find it so disingenuous that so many of you critique something you know little about or have little experience with. Or maybe were jaded by being in a hypocritical church and started questioning stuff that you guys didn't fully understand. IDK, but the anti-Christian stuff not only gets old but it shows how much you guys just want for Christians to get their just desserts for being such bullies in your eyes.
 
Old 06-07-2017, 02:30 PM
 
5,931 posts, read 1,696,500 times
Reputation: 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
I have been to and participated in pride parades in Canada, the U.S. and Australia. Never once did I run into nudity or full blown sex out in the streets.

When I went to Mardi Gras I did see full on nudity in the streets and full blown sex, in the bars mind you, not the street.

Based on my experience, the heterosexuals are the deviant ones, not the gays & lesbians.
You're a Reverend? And you're participating in gay pride events?
 
Old 06-07-2017, 02:35 PM
 
Location: Warrior Country
4,577 posts, read 5,407,710 times
Reputation: 3953
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Yes, progress has been made in the last few years although I would add that those living their lives with that much hate are truly the ones mentally ill.
These are the type of SJW smug posts that p*ss off those of us who are semi christian (go to church on Easter) type moderates trying to raise & support a family (& don't give two hoots what color box our fries come in)......we're OK with gays (& every other minority...as long as they use their turn signal indicator, pay their taxes and keep their damn lawn mowed.

These are the type of posts that frankly drove many of us (holding our noses) to trump.

Just because the OP would prefer to not have Gay Pride Fries sold to his family.....doesn't mean he has that Much Hate, nor does it mean that he's Mentally ill.

And the Condescending posts from the SJWs and some "progressive types" here on CD.....along with the "Hair on Fire" screeching from 68% - 76% of the Media & the stupid sh*t coming from dozens of Celebrity nut jobs.....Gives many of us in the moderate middle a Gag reflex.

Stop bashing Christians with that superior attitude, & quit whining like Veruca Salt....or you single, hip urbanites will be losing elections for the next 3 decades. (Newsflash: There are MORE suburbanites than urbanites...at least more of us that vote.)


Ketchup.....only ketchup with Fries. (or KFC's peppery brown gravy)....but NEVER mayo.....jeez.
 
Old 06-07-2017, 02:35 PM
 
4,491 posts, read 1,668,874 times
Reputation: 1986
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
Absolutely no. How about if I display my straight sexual preferences openly in public with some type of flag / sticker symbol, do you think I should be subjected to harassment? Can I ask McDonalds to put that symbol on their Big Mac carton for all to see in observance? How would the gay community and their supports/sympathizers feel about that one?

Of course this is just a hypothetical, I wish not to put such a symbol on anything, as I don't have the need to display such preference nor do I have the need to have anyone's support, sympathy and/or approval for what I choose to do in my personal life.
To answer your questions, I don't care what you display or if you get a flag or whatever. Do as you wish. Go ahead and ask McDonalds to print stickers (though I don't think anyone asked McDonalds to do what they're actually doing). And I am not gay so I cannot speak on behalf of the LGBT community, so I can't say for sure how they'd respond, though they'd probably say that no one ever really had an issue with straight people stuff and don't really need a parade. But like I said, not gay so do as you wish.
 
Old 06-07-2017, 02:36 PM
 
2,682 posts, read 905,300 times
Reputation: 1012
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
In response Burger King is going to offer a bisexual Whopper.
Wow I can only imagine what that will look like.
 
Old 06-07-2017, 02:37 PM
 
2,682 posts, read 905,300 times
Reputation: 1012
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
There is no "gay lifestyle" (I for one, am too poor to have a lifestyle).

There is no "straight lifestyle".

There are just lives.
I beg to differ girlfriend. I beg to differ.
 
Old 06-07-2017, 02:38 PM
 
10,097 posts, read 7,533,279 times
Reputation: 5225
Quote:
Originally Posted by hound 109 View Post
These are the type of SJW smug posts that p*ss off those of us who are semi christian (go to church on Easter) type moderates trying to raise & support a family (& don't give two hoots what color box our fries come in)......we're OK with gays (& every other minority...as long as they use their turn signal indicator, pay their taxes and keep their damn lawn mowed.

These are the type of posts that frankly drove many of us (holding our noses) to trump.

Just because the OP would prefer to not have Gay Pride Fries sold to his family.....doesn't mean he has that Much Hate, nor does it mean that he's Mentally ill.

And the Condescending posts from the SJWs and some "progressive types" here on CD.....along with the "Hair on Fire" screeching from 68% - 76% of the Media & the stupid sh*t coming from dozens of Celebrity nut jobs.....Gives many of us in the moderate middle a Gag reflex.

Stop bashing Christians with that superior attitude, & quit whining like Veruca Salt....or you single, hip urbanites will be losing elections for the next 3 decades. (Newsflash: There are MORE suburbanites than urbanites...at least more of us that vote.)


Ketchup.....only ketchup with Fries. (or KFC's peppery brown gravy)....but NEVER mayo.....jeez.
It's insecurities and hang ups about living in small provincial town before moving to the big city. They think you all are bitter clingers and are the last barrier to peak progress in the country.
 
Old 06-07-2017, 02:38 PM
 
8,592 posts, read 3,830,147 times
Reputation: 1917
Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
I have been to and participated in pride parades in Canada, the U.S. and Australia. Never once did I run into nudity or full blown sex out in the streets.

When I went to Mardi Gras I did see full on nudity in the streets and full blown sex, in the bars mind you, not the street.

Based on my experience, the heterosexuals are the deviant ones, not the gays & lesbians.
Never heard of Folsom Street Fair?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top