U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2017, 03:02 PM

2,682 posts, read 905,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
I agree. I'm gay and could care less if McDonalds has these "Gay fries" or not. I don't attend gay pride events, or even go to gay clubs, and I'm still reasonably young. Also, if people wanted straight pride festivals/parades, it wouldn't bother me at all... go for it!!
Me too, but..... I couldn't care less. In all reality, joking aside, having the rainbow packaged fries wouldn't stop me from getting some if I was in the mood for that type of junk food ingestion. I think I'd be more inclined to worry about how bad it is for my health and if the fries are fresh or stale, more then anything else.

Old 06-07-2017, 03:05 PM

6,015 posts, read 6,360,515 times
It comes down to money. McDonalds knows that they need to appeal to the younger generations more and this is a good way of doing it. This may sound callous, but they don't care about homophobic old farts who are going to be dead soon or their antiquated beliefs.

Old 06-07-2017, 03:05 PM

2,682 posts, read 905,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
How offensive! Just think of the children!

Honestly, kids would only know that this has anything to do with gay pride if adults made an issue of it.
And I would be willing to bet that they would tell the kids what it means and/or is for. I guarantee you they would tell them. You should test it out. When this comes out ask random kids at McDonalds if they know what it is. I'll bet you all of them will tell you what it means. If anyone thinks roughly 5 to 15 year olds don't know, you're underestimating the intelligence level of today's kids.

Old 06-07-2017, 03:08 PM

12,534 posts, read 7,515,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
I am not even Christian yet the little I know growing up in a culturally Christian small town and being around it, one would easily know that Jesus did away with the law in terms of following the littlest thing to the letter which some of you guys throw back at Christians such as not wearing clothes of two threads or other stuff designated for the tribes of Israel in the Old Testament to bring forth the Messiah. The context is supposed to be to live like Christ in the Bible and you're indirectly following the law.

That is basic Christianity 101 that even little Sunday school kids are taught, yet I keep hearing liberal bring up the shaving of the beards is sinful or what not.
Its only brought up when someone wants to claim "but in the Bible, Homosexuality is a sin." Jesus never said anything about homosexuality. So if the beard shaving is not relevant because its in the Old Testaments, then so is the homosexuality is a sin argument. Conservatives can't just say some laws from the Old Testament are sins but others aren't.

I'm all about living like Jesus. He hung out with those who had been rejected from society- tax collectors, prostitutes, Samaritans, etc... I doubt he would go around telling the gays that they're going to burn in hell like so many Conservstive "Christians" do.

Old 06-07-2017, 03:08 PM

10,097 posts, read 7,533,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
It comes down to money. McDonalds knows that they need to appeal to the younger generations more and this is a good way of doing it. No offense, but they don't care about homophobic old farts who are going to be dead soon or their antiquated beliefs.
Translation: no offense to all the older people but I wish y'all would just die already so that we can have true progress in this country rather than deal with your bitter clinging beliefs. You all are the last thing holding up this country from truly being great. Just die already!

L O L

Old 06-07-2017, 03:11 PM

12,534 posts, read 7,515,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
And I would be willing to bet that they would tell the kids what it means and/or is for. I guarantee you they would tell them. You should test it out. When this comes out ask random kids at McDonalds if they know what it is. I'll bet you all of them will tell you what it means. If anyone thinks roughly 5 to 15 year olds don't know, you're underestimating the intelligence level of today's kids.
They're going to say its a rainbow... Or just pretty colors.

You think everytime a parents points out a rainbow to their 5 year old, they're thinking of gay people? No...

Old 06-07-2017, 03:16 PM

10,930 posts, read 5,032,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
They're going to say its a rainbow... Or just pretty colors.

You think everytime a parents points out a rainbow to their 5 year old, they're thinking of gay people? No...
And if they mention it is for gay people...who cares?

It's ok to let children know there are different kinds of people in the world.

Old 06-07-2017, 03:17 PM

11,591 posts, read 4,907,099 times
Quote:
15 year olds know a lot more than 5 year olds, sure, but I don't think parents are going to be bringing up gay rights to 5 year olds.

Old 06-07-2017, 03:18 PM

7,991 posts, read 16,045,518 times
Quote:
Ok, so when did the last guy get pregnant after getting that, as "Chef" put it: "a great big looong huppajoop stuck up his butt".

http://southparkstudios.mtvnimages.c...probe_16x9.jpg?
South Park is great.

As the other poster said, it occurs in nature- it's "natural" with a number of different species. Also, i wonder if the people decrying "unnatural sex" have never engaged in oral sex of any kind? That doesn't get anyone pregnant either (unless you're doing it very, very wrong). If they haven't, it's no wonder they're so angry.

Old 06-07-2017, 03:19 PM

10,097 posts, read 7,533,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Its only brought up when someone wants to claim "but in the Bible, Homosexuality is a sin." Jesus never said anything about homosexuality. So if the beard shaving is not relevant because its in the Old Testaments, then so is the homosexuality is a sin argument. Conservatives can't just say some laws from the Old Testament are sins but others aren't.

I'm all about living like Jesus. He hung out with those who had been rejected from society- tax collectors, prostitutes, Samaritans, etc... I doubt he would go around telling the gays that they're going to burn in hell like so many Conservstive "Christians" do.
SMH. Goodness this is just so wrong on so many levels. You really should take a Sunday school class with the smaller kids, it would help you out. Jesus didn't say anything about a bunch of other things that you could imply he would be against, as Christians take the Bible in its totality to discern whats right and what's wrong. The apostle Paul said it was a sin. In Christianity, Jesus is the Son of God, and the Bible is supposed to be God's word. You can't really separate the two.

On the Old Testament, most of the older commandments that were very specific such as the clothes of two threads and such, were for their time. You see the whole of the Old Testament according to Christians is supposed to be a preparation for the coming Messiah. The stuff God instructed the Israelites to do were for that specific time. All that was undone with Jesus, and in keeping with his example you're indirectly keeping the law.

He wasn't a hippie either, he overturned tables in the temple that belonged to swindlers. He didn't hang out with prostitutes agreeing with their choice of profession either. If he did hang out with gays, he would tell them exactly the same thing that Christians are telling them now, that the lifestyle is sinful and they need to change yada yada yada. If there was something they were doing that was deemed sinful he would judge them and then say go and sin no more, as he did many people throughout the Bible.

This is all stuff people learn in a few courses in church. I mean it's pretty basic yet there is this weird desire by some people to obfuscate and pull stuff from random places in the Bible and whatnot. Yet if you actually read the book from start to finish it would make much more sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies