U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2017, 03:21 PM

7,934 posts, read 15,991,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
SMH. Goodness this is just so wrong on so many levels. You really should take a Sunday school class with the smaller kids, it would help you out. Jesus didn't say anything about a bunch of other things that you could imply he would be against, as Christians take the Bible in its totality to discern whats right and what's wrong. The apostle Paul said it was a sin. In Christianity, Jesus is the Son of God, and the Bible is supposed to be God's word. You can't really separate the two.

On the Old Testament, most of the older commandments that were very specific such as the clothes of two threads and such, were for their time. You see the whole of the Old Testament according to Christians is supposed to be a preparation for the coming Messiah. The stuff God instructed the Israelites to do were for that specific time. All that was undone with Jesus, and in keeping with his example you're indirectly keeping the law.

He wasn't a hippie either, he overturned tables in the temple that belonged to swindlers. He didn't hang out with prostitutes agreeing with their choice of profession either. If he did hang out with gays, he would tell them exactly the same thing that Christians are telling them now, that the lifestyle is sinful and they need to change yada yada yada. If there was something they were doing that was deemed sinful he would judge them, as he did many people throughout the Bible.

This is all stuff people learn in a few courses in church. I mean it's pretty basic yet there is this weird desire by some people to obfuscate and pull stuff from random places in the Bible and whatnot. Yet if you actually read the book from start to finish it would make much more sense.
That's wonderful. But it's also entirely irrelevant as far as the laws of this country are concerned per the 1st Amendment.

Old 06-07-2017, 03:24 PM

2,276 posts, read 841,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
And it makes sense to a lot of people that homosexuality is morally wrong. So we don't want to buy a product that promotes such a lifestyle.

A little over the top? The gay pride parades are also about rubbing in our faces, and some of them even involve nudity and full blown sex right out in public streets. A straight person would go to jail for such activity.

Are you really trying to equate locking up people in camps and mass murder with having consensual sex with another adult?

You are one sick puppy.

Old 06-07-2017, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
For starters, the Bible actually tells us it's moral to cut our hair. It doesn't condemn getting haircuts.

Actually the Bible says that a man should not shave their beard or cut the hair that grows from the temples.

Old 06-07-2017, 03:27 PM

10,097 posts, read 7,505,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
That's wonderful. But it's also entirely irrelevant as far as the laws of this country are concerned per the 1st Amendment.
But that wasn't my point and you probably should've read the entire conversation to not look like such a fool for commenting. I was merely trying to say that liberals love to attack Christians but rarely know anything about the Bible or what they're attacking when they tell Christians about their supposed hypocritical ways. It had nothing to do with the FACT that gays have every single right afforded to them and there is nothing Christians can do about it.

I was just pointing out that a simple reading of the good book and a sunday school class would set some of these sophomoric and lazy attempts to belittle Christians straight.

Old 06-07-2017, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
How offensive! Just think of the children!

Honestly, kids would only know that this has anything to do with gay pride if adults made an issue of it.
The kids I know would think that it was part of a My Little Pony Happy Meal.

Old 06-07-2017, 03:35 PM

8,650 posts, read 4,665,404 times
A bussiness should be allowed to hire whom they want and terminate whom they choose to with just cause. Further more a private bussiness can serve and refuse whom they choose to.

What a bussiness should not be allowed to do and only Givernent intervention is do any physical harm to a living person, creature, or willing harm the environment. In addition to, should not destroy property that is not own by them. Outside of that a private bussiness should be allowed to do what they choose to.

Old 06-07-2017, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Translation: no offense to all the older people but I wish y'all would just die already so that we can have true progress in this country rather than deal with your bitter clinging beliefs. You all are the last thing holding up this country from truly being great. Just die already!

L O L

From your mouth to God's ears.

Old 06-07-2017, 03:37 PM

12,409 posts, read 7,460,361 times
Quote:
SMH. Goodness this is just so wrong on so many levels. You really should take a Sunday school class with the smaller kids, it would help you out.
Maybe you should take your own advice, you seem confused. But I wouldn't expect anything less from those who like to cherry pick Bible verses to fit their views.

Old 06-07-2017, 03:38 PM

11,859 posts, read 5,034,569 times
Quote:
Translation: no offense to all the older people but I wish y'all would just die already so that we can have true progress in this country rather than deal with your bitter clinging beliefs. You all are the last thing holding up this country from truly being great. Just die already!

L O L
You obviously don't realize that many of the "older people" were radical left wing hippies in their younger days that grew up. There's a large percentage of young people today that are now progressive that will turn into conservatives as they get older. That's how life works and this has nothing to do with being gay or French fries. Someday, you'll grow up also. You may not change your political views, but there's a good chance you will.

Old 06-07-2017, 03:41 PM

10,097 posts, read 7,505,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Maybe you should take your own advice, you seem confused. But I wouldn't expect anything less from those who like to cherry pick Bible verses to fit their views.
Most of you guys cherry pick bible verses out of context to tell Christians they're being hypocrites when proly some of them read their book from start to finish and get it more than the person doing the pointing.

All I am getting at, and it's not to directly defend Christians but to call out the blatant hypocrisy on your part to belittle people of faith for standing on their convictions. They may be wrong but I wouldn't belittle them making them out to look as though they don't know their own religion.

That would be the same if I were to tell a Muslim his religion is crap and that he's being hypocritical and start quoting the Quran all out of context, cherry picking the book and acting as though I smugly know better than a Muslim who reads his book religiously.

If you guys hate it when conservatives do this to Muslims, why do y'all do it Christians?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies