U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2017, 04:46 PM

14,056 posts, read 16,063,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
But what kind of Christian wouldn't know that the stuff in the Old Testament was done away with and Jesus is supposed to personify the law? That's pretty basic. It explains why Christians aren't adhering to all the old stuff in the Bible which many Orthodox Jews still adhere to.

Why would you jump on the bandwagon most liberals have done to bash Christians on something that is so easily explained?
Uh, basically anyone. I'm not even Christian and know the stuff in the Old Testament wasn't done away with. It's the foundation. It lays out he foundation of prophecies that were realized in the New Testament. A very, very, obvious example of that is the Ten Commandments, which are from the Old Testament. They're slightly tweaked but not substantively different in the New Testament because... well, the Old Testament was not done away with. They pretty much carry straight over. Most don't adhere to the Old Covenant any longer, following only parts of it such as the Ten Commandments.

Old 06-07-2017, 04:52 PM

4,341 posts, read 1,353,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Never heard of Folsom Street Fair?
That's for the BDSM and leather fetishist community. It's not a Pride event.

Old 06-07-2017, 04:54 PM

3,936 posts, read 2,210,046 times
Quote:
Stop lying. I've been to the gay pride parades in both LA and in Houston and have seen some pretty racy, sexual stuff and some nudity. I don't know about the sex on the streets. That is hyperbole but I cannot stand this making gays out to be angels just to keep the right wing attacks at bay.

They're like anyone else and the celebration is also one of sexual liberation and breaking free from being held back in the closet for so long. Heck in West Hollywood it gets pretty racy during Halloween too.

I think where the LGBT movement is going wrong by appeasing straight America and acting as though they need to apologize for what they do at pride parades. They don't need to. IF you don't like it, don't go. It's that simple.
Oh my goodness are you kidding me?

I have been to many pride events and I will with absolute tell you that pride parades (at least the ones where I live) are family events and I have never seen nudity or sexual things going on in the streets. The only time I have ever seen anything sexual or involving nudity is at the gay clubs that are 21 and older during pride events.

I'm so sick to death of people assuming all gay events are some big orgy. Grow up!

Old 06-07-2017, 04:57 PM

23,058 posts, read 12,277,718 times
Resenting a rainbow on your fry box -- talk about fake outrage and all that.

Shaking my head.

Old 06-07-2017, 04:58 PM

10,097 posts, read 7,533,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Uh, basically anyone. I'm not even Christian and know the stuff in the Old Testament wasn't done away with. It's the foundation. It lays out he foundation of prophecies that were realized in the New Testament. A very, very, obvious example of that is the Ten Commandments, which are from the Old Testament. They're slightly tweaked but not substantively different in the New Testament because... well, the Old Testament was not done away with. They pretty much carry straight over. Most don't adhere to the Old Covenant any longer, following only parts of it such as the Ten Commandments.
I meant that most Christians know that they don't have to adhere to some of the old covenant rules and that Jesus is the embodiment of the the law and following his example supposedly is adhering to the law. I didn't mean to say that the Old Testament stuff was done away with as much as I meant to say the Old Covenant.

It's pretty obvious that christians don't adhere to the stuff that rabbinical or Orthodox Jews still adhere to.

Old 06-07-2017, 05:01 PM

10,097 posts, read 7,533,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post

I have been to many pride events and I will with absolute tell you that pride parades (at least the ones where I live) are family events and I have never seen nudity or sexual things going on in the streets. The only time I have ever seen anything sexual or involving nudity is at the gay clubs that are 21 and older during pride events.

I'm so sick to death of people assuming all gay events are some big orgy. Grow up!
No I am not kidding you. Stop acting as though all pride events are the same or are all family events. Maybe they've become more family friendly over the years but when I went to them which wasn't that long ago, they had some risque stuff. It was not what people think in that they're orgies or that there is an abundance of nudity or what not. I wasn't trying to imply that but that there are some clearly sexual stuff. It just depends on your level of tolerance for that stuff. I was trying to meet in the middle by saying that they're not orgies like some right wingers think but that they're not all PG rated festivities either.

I am actually sick to death of people acting as though gays are perfect angels. Grow up!

Last edited by radiolibre99; 06-07-2017 at 05:14 PM.. Reason: Meant to say they're not orgies.

Old 06-07-2017, 05:05 PM

23,058 posts, read 12,277,718 times
Some Super Bowl Parties have wet t-shirt contests and some don't. Some have jello shots from belly buttons and some don't.

Yes some Pride events are not for families...some Christmas parties aren't for families.

Old 06-07-2017, 05:06 PM

5,967 posts, read 3,457,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post

Your response is a little out of proportion. The poster merely offered their experience.

I was born and raised in SF and lived there until I was 38 years old.

I've been to a helluva lot of Pride events, suffice to say.

And I have seen some craaaaaazy stuff at them.

That's not to say they are "big orgy" you mentioned ... I've certainly never seen it get that racy ... but you are the only one who mentioned that.

Old 06-07-2017, 05:14 PM

14,790 posts, read 14,037,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Some Super Bowl Parties have wet t-shirt contests and some don't. Some have jello shots from belly buttons and some don't.

Yes some Pride events are not for families...some Christmas parties aren't for families.
that's gross lol

Old 06-07-2017, 05:18 PM

4,341 posts, read 1,353,816 times
Quote:
SMH. Goodness this is just so wrong on so many levels. You really should take a Sunday school class with the smaller kids, it would help you out. Jesus didn't say anything about a bunch of other things that you could imply he would be against, as Christians take the Bible in its totality to discern whats right and what's wrong. The apostle Paul said it was a sin. In Christianity, Jesus is the Son of God, and the Bible is supposed to be God's word. You can't really separate the two.

If you read Romans 1 in context, all of the verses, not just the ones some use to condemn the LGBT community, you'll see he was talking about idolatrous sex practices, not consensual, monogamous same sex relationships as we know them today. Not many gay couples that I know go around worshipping animals, reptiles, and birds and things. Also, read Romans 2.

Here is the full text:

Quote:
18*The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19*since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20*For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.
21*For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22*Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23*and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles.
24*Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25*They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.
26*Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27*In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.
28*Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. 29*They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30*slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31*they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. 32*Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

Quote:
He wasn't a hippie either, he overturned tables in the temple that belonged to swindlers.
One violent act in his entire life.

Quote:
He didn't hang out with prostitutes agreeing with their choice of profession either.
A Pharisee named Simon asked Jesus to come to his home, Jesus went. While Jesus was sitting, a prostitute came in, knelt and washed His feet with her hair and her tears. Simon asked Jesus if He knew who "that woman" was, and what she did. He looked at Simon and said to Him "From the moment I came in, you didn't greet me with a kiss (a custom at the time), didn't offer me anything to eat or drink, and this women ever since she came in, has been washing my feet. One who loves much is forgiven much." He didn't condemn her at all, but He did tear Simon a new one for not showing hospitality.

Quote:
If he did hang out with gays, he would tell them exactly the same thing that Christians are telling them now, that the lifestyle is sinful and they need to change yada yada yada. If there was something they were doing that was deemed sinful he would judge them and then say go and sin no more, as he did many people throughout the Bible.
What lifestyle? I'm a virgin, and currently celibate. What is this grave sexual sin I'm supposedly committing? Name it or stop it with this "gay lifestyle" nonsense. That's slander, which is also a sin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies