U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2017, 09:39 AM

6,432 posts, read 3,599,345 times

Advertisements

It doesn't matter whether it is the McDonald's fry box or the Starbuck's cup, some a-hole will decide it is a personal affront and run to C-D forums to whine about it. Grow up.

Old 06-07-2017, 09:40 AM

8,754 posts, read 4,032,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
So Mcdonald's is going to release gay theme fries. Coming soon! Your fries will come in a cool rainbow colored box in order of gay pride month!

First of all, if I was an investor in McDonalds, I would be pissed. Mcdonalds could be looking at some boycotts over their rainbow fries. Why do these companies feel the need to have a position on social issues? You make fast food. No one wants to go to Mcdonalds to hear or see a message about gay pride. They just want the food that they are used to. Such a move serves no benefit business wise as people like Christians may choose to no longer do business there. It just shows there is a liberal agenda at play here even at the cost of making money.

I don't want to go to Mcdonalds and see some barrier that says, "check out our gay fries in fun rainbow colors because being gay is fun and cool!" Of course, they will say they are only showing support for the gay community, but I see it as marking a specific message especially to kids.

Most Christians including myself don't care how someone wants to live their life as long as they are not causing harm to others. But these marketing ploy is just another growing instance of the LGBT community forcing a pro-gay message onto the public. Just give me fries.
It's only three McDonald's locations in Washington DC along the gay pride parade route.

Conservative media doesn't tell you that because they want maximum outrage.

Old 06-07-2017, 09:40 AM

14,003 posts, read 6,361,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Agreed. I rarely eat at McDs but now I certainly won't. I am sick and tired of all these silly groups trying to shove their agendas in my face every where I turn.

If you're gay just shut up and live your life like everyone else.
They are. It's a BUSINESS that is doing this, not the gays. Calm down.

Old 06-07-2017, 09:41 AM

5,663 posts, read 5,152,852 times
Falls in the same category as the kids' tights with cannabis leaves on them or Disney's "Moana" costume, or even a speaker you don't like coming to talk: JUST DON'T GO / JUST DON'T BUY IT

Vote your preference with your dollars or presence, or the lack thereof, and move along with your life.

Last edited by Nepenthe; 06-07-2017 at 10:09 AM..

Old 06-07-2017, 09:43 AM

3,680 posts, read 1,402,687 times
The world is ending for the alt-right now that they seen a rainbow on the back of their fries. Toughen up snowflakes.

Old 06-07-2017, 09:45 AM

10,097 posts, read 7,504,397 times
I am wondering how conservatives will handle the conundrum of maintaining traditional values vs the corporate assault on those traditional values.

I say this because in the recent years it hasn't been activists so much winning the cultural landscape or even influencing politics as much as corporate America which is solidly liberal, especially the side of corporate America that caters to newer younger markets; food service, sports, media, retail, tech, entertainment, etc.

Big business pushes more for social change than anything a small LGBT group ever could. So how do conservatives reconcile having corporate America supposedly trash their values while remaining pro-corporate?

Old 06-07-2017, 09:46 AM

1,651 posts, read 706,397 times
My brother and I in 1987................."your fries are gay!" "No, your fries are gay."........."you'r gay."

My brother and I in 2017................."Your fries are gay." "I see that. There's a little rainbow on the box." "Dad, uncle Jeff, Why do they make gay fries?"

Old 06-07-2017, 09:47 AM

8,503 posts, read 3,798,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
When you have to worry about the color of the fries box seems to me ,you need a life. Lots of things to get angry and offended about. Some people go out of their way to be offended.
So I suppose if Mcdonalds put a Nazi swatiski symbol on their fries box then you wouldn't have any problem since this is only about the color of the box, right? Get real. It's the not so subtle message that is being forced on consumers that is the issue here.

Old 06-07-2017, 09:48 AM

8,754 posts, read 4,032,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
Big business pushes more for social change than anything a small LGBT group ever could. So how do conservatives reconcile having corporate America supposedly trash their values while remaining pro-corporate?
I really wish evangelicals would take cues from the Amish. They live lives that are very peculiar to most Americans, yet they keep it to themselves and don't try to force it on everyone. As long as they have the freedom to live out their faith, they don't need anything else. They don't need to be the "conscience of culture" that evangelicals seem to think they are.

Old 06-07-2017, 09:49 AM

12,583 posts, read 13,992,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorman View Post
Yes, it is totally rational to boycott a fast food chain due to the color of the box the fries come in .

I can't believe how much some people hate gay people, it is like a form of mental illness.
I can understand the OP's gripe. I am not a Christian and I would be put off with a fries box decorated with Christian themes. I can go along with something like Santa Claus on a container as that is a secular and non-political emblem, and has nothing to do with the religious holiday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies