U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 06-07-2017, 10:00 AM
 
13,098 posts, read 4,469,177 times
Reputation: 6395

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
McDonald's getting in on the Pink Dollar? Shocking!

I am surprised gay people don't think corporate America using them as a marketing ploy is gimmicky.
It's the attention most of them are after, however they get it they are cool with it.

 
Old 06-07-2017, 10:00 AM
 
4,599 posts, read 1,213,414 times
Reputation: 2125
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I really wish evangelicals would take cues from the Amish. They live lives that are very peculiar to most Americans, yet they keep it to themselves and don't try to force it on everyone. As long as they have the freedom to live out their faith, they don't need anything else. They don't need to be the "conscience of culture" that evangelicals seem to think they are.
Please tell that to the media that bashed Chip and Joanna Gaines on HGTV's Fixer Upper.
 
Old 06-07-2017, 10:00 AM
 
Location: Self explanatory
11,591 posts, read 4,907,099 times
Reputation: 15622
I'd be more worried about the effect of eating too much McDonalds, not the box it comes in. The box is a far safer bet.
 
Old 06-07-2017, 10:01 AM
 
4,491 posts, read 1,668,874 times
Reputation: 1986
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
So I suppose if Mcdonalds put a Nazi swatiski symbol on their fries box then you wouldn't have any problem since this is only about the color of the box, right? Get real. It's the not so subtle message that is being forced on consumers that is the issue here.
The Nazis believe that Jews and non-whites should be killed or expelled from society. Gay pride acknowledges that gay people exist and should have rights.

Do you really believe those to be the same thing?
 
Old 06-07-2017, 10:02 AM
 
10,097 posts, read 7,533,279 times
Reputation: 5225
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
So basically, go back in the closet so Baptist snowflakes aren't offended by their existence.
Why do you look at it like that? This country has to be big enough for both Baptists and the most openly gay person, without marginalizing either. I don't understand why the former has to cast out into the woods in order to make life so much more better for the former. You can't stop people's opinions.

Heck, I bet there are many, many, many people who just tolerate the representation of homosexuality in the mainstream culture but still hold a traditional view but just don't want to or have the balls to say anything. They keep their convictions to themselves because they know that it would be detrimental to say the slightest thing about gays even if it's not demeaning for fear it could be taken that way.

Sometimes I don't know if this is really about gay rights or just revenge on Christians?
 
Old 06-07-2017, 10:02 AM
 
Location: Great Britain
11,584 posts, read 3,963,981 times
Reputation: 7172
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
So Mcdonald's is going to release gay theme fries. Coming soon! Your fries will come in a cool rainbow colored box in order of gay pride month!

First of all, if I was an investor in McDonalds, I would be pissed. Mcdonalds could be looking at some boycotts over their rainbow fries. Why do these companies feel the need to have a position on social issues? You make fast food. No one wants to go to Mcdonalds to hear or see a message about gay pride. They just want the food that they are used to. Such a move serves no benefit business wise as people like Christians may choose to no longer do business there. It just shows there is a liberal agenda at play here even at the cost of making money.

I don't want to go to Mcdonalds and see some barrier that says, "check out our gay fries in fun rainbow colors because being gay is fun and cool!" Of course, they will say they are only showing support for the gay community, but I see it as marking a specific message especially to kids.

Most Christians including myself don't care how someone wants to live their life as long as they are not causing harm to others. But these marketing ploy is just another growing instance of the LGBT community forcing a pro-gay message onto the public. Just give me fries.
Hope they don't do this in European countries, as certain countries smother their fries with sticky white mayo.
 
Old 06-07-2017, 10:07 AM
 
4,894 posts, read 1,358,969 times
Reputation: 2848
A rainbow box you say? The horrors, someone pull up a fainting couch I do believe I am getting the vapors.
 
Old 06-07-2017, 10:09 AM
 
Location: Old Hippie Heaven
18,147 posts, read 8,191,021 times
Reputation: 10578
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
So Mcdonald's is going to release gay theme fries. Coming soon! Your fries will come in a cool rainbow colored box in order of gay pride month!

First of all, if I was an investor in McDonalds, I would be pissed. Mcdonalds could be looking at some boycotts over their rainbow fries. Why do these companies feel the need to have a position on social issues? You make fast food. No one wants to go to Mcdonalds to hear or see a message about gay pride. They just want the food that they are used to. Such a move serves no benefit business wise as people like Christians may choose to no longer do business there. It just shows there is a liberal agenda at play here even at the cost of making money.

I don't want to go to Mcdonalds and see some barrier that says, "check out our gay fries in fun rainbow colors because being gay is fun and cool!" Of course, they will say they are only showing support for the gay community, but I see it as marking a specific message especially to kids.

Most Christians including myself don't care how someone wants to live their life as long as they are not causing harm to others. But these marketing ploy is just another growing instance of the LGBT community forcing a pro-gay message onto the public. Just give me fries.
You seriously think that this didn't occur to anyone working for this huge corporation?

The made a cold rational marketing decision based on 2 facts

1) a boycott wouldn't gain enough support to matter to their bottom line (right here on c-d, there's an active thread where the overwhelming majority of posters say they think homosexuality is a non-issue)

2) they are looking to appeal to more younger consumers, because that's where the future is, and being gay-friendly is a very good way to do that

Don't go to McDonalds if you don't like it. No one will care, least of all McDonalds.
 
Old 06-07-2017, 10:13 AM
 
10,097 posts, read 7,533,279 times
Reputation: 5225
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
You seriously think that this didn't occur to anyone working for this huge corporation?

The made a cold rational marketing decision based on 2 facts

1) a boycott wouldn't gain enough support to matter to their bottom line (right here on c-d, there's an active thread where the overwhelming majority of posters say they think homosexuality is a non-issue)

2) they are looking to appeal to more younger consumers, because that's where the future is, and being gay-friendly is a very good way to do that

Don't go to McDonalds if you don't like it. No one will care, least of all McDonalds.
The supposed boycott against Chick Fil A didn't work, but the boycott against Target for their transgender policy sort of did as sales dipped.

Supporting social causes that are dear to younger millennials heats is a bottom line for corporate America now. It's running counter to traditional values and it's probably making conservatives heads spin.

But I think this insistent push by corporate America to promote identity politics stems much more from this belief that they're investing in the future and that they're are on the right side of history. That is proly why it seems relentless to conservatives.
 
Old 06-07-2017, 10:17 AM
 
9,738 posts, read 8,054,993 times
Reputation: 6343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
Will the fries themselves have bell ends and a mayo filling?


Why not just give them a whole potato with a note where to shove it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top