Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2017, 09:31 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,646,247 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle bully View Post
will the fries themselves have bell ends and a mayo filling?
lmao!!

Heeeeeeyyy fryyyyyy haaaaayyyyy

Old 06-07-2017, 09:32 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,622,028 times
When you have to worry about the color of the fries box seems to me ,you need a life. Lots of things to get angry and offended about. Some people go out of their way to be offended.

Old 06-07-2017, 09:34 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,434,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
I have the perfect solution for you, don't buy them.

The rest of us will carry on with our lives.
Agreed. I rarely eat at McDs but now I certainly won't. I am sick and tired of all these silly groups trying to shove their agendas in my face every where I turn.

If you're gay just shut up and live your life like everyone else.

Old 06-07-2017, 09:34 AM

4,491 posts, read 2,224,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
Will the fries themselves have bell ends and a mayo filling?
That's where I'd draw the line.

I mean, I'm cool with dick shaped fries. It's the mayo. What godless world do we live in where people would soil a perfectly good french fry with mayo.

Old 06-07-2017, 09:35 AM

12,825 posts, read 21,993,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Remember when the left boycotted Chick-fil-A? Was that a form of mental illness?
The difference is obvious - exclusion vs. inclusion. one company's "values" meant donating millions to organizations that fought against equal rights for a large segment of the population. The other is coming out and supporting a group that has been historically discriminated against. One is for equality and inclusion, the other sought to keep a segment of the population from obtaining equal rights. Yep, they spun it by saying "supporting traditional family values" but anyone with a brain can see how transparent that is. If you're supporting "traditional family values" by endorsing groups that seek specifically to keep a group of people from obtaining equality, you're supporting a discrimination. Period.

Old 06-07-2017, 09:36 AM

10,097 posts, read 10,004,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
A lot of them do, actually.
Yes, sort of like my good friend who's an old gay radical from the first wave and thinks this new wave of activists mostly want gays to pattern themselves after straight America. He admires their success but thinks they give in too much to corporate America and this idea that gay people have to be of one mind on issues. It was a great conversation to have with him and if more people would meet gays like him (of which there are tons of, especially older gays) they would lose their reservations about the "gay agenda".

Old 06-07-2017, 09:38 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,747,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Remember when the left boycotted Chick-fil-A? Was that a form of mental illness?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
The difference is obvious - exclusion vs. inclusion. one company's "values" meant donating millions to organizations that fought against equal rights for a large segment of the population. The other is coming out and supporting a group that has been historically discriminated against. One is for equality and inclusion, the other sought to keep a segment of the population from obtaining equal rights. Yep, they spun it by saying "supporting traditional family values" but anyone with a brain can see how transparent that is. If you're supporting "traditional family values" by endorsing groups that seek specifically to keep a group of people from obtaining equality, you're supporting a discrimination. Period.
A simple yes would have worked just fine.

Old 06-07-2017, 09:38 AM

17,338 posts, read 11,262,503 times
The only thing that bugs me are corporations like this pandering to whatever the latest politically correct thing is. Maybe next week they'll put a crescent on the box so we all know they think Islam is fine too. It's all about sucking every dime they can out of the consumer because they want to be seen as tolerant and open minded. At least a rainbow is attractive and cheery.

Old 06-07-2017, 09:39 AM

11,554 posts, read 9,319,964 times
Honestly, who gives a ****?

Old 06-07-2017, 09:39 AM

12,825 posts, read 21,993,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Agreed. I rarely eat at McDs but now I certainly won't. I am sick and tired of all these silly groups trying to shove their agendas in my face every where I turn.

If you're gay just shut up and live your life like everyone else.
I don't think they'll miss you.

The sad thing is people like you can't see the stupidity of comments like this. If people didn't fight "these silly groups" tooth and nail to prevent them from having the same rights as you and anyone else, they wouldn't need to "shove their agenda" in your face. If people weren't actively discriminating against them or trying to prevent them from achieving equality, they could quite literally just shut up and live their lives like anyone else. You don't need to fight for the right to marry who you love. You have it. So you don't have to shove your agenda in anyone's face and you can "shut up and live your life" (without McDonald's fries). So until that happens, deal with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies