Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2017, 09:49 AM

3,909 posts, read 2,120,369 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
So I suppose if Mcdonalds put a Nazi swatiski symbol on their fries box then you wouldn't have any problem since this is only about the color of the box, right? Get real. It's the not so subtle message that is being forced on consumers that is the issue here.
Yes that mcdonald is inclusive and not a alt-right fascist like you.

Old 06-07-2017, 09:50 AM

Funny how business friendly conservativIves wanna tell a bueiness what to do. Geeze

Old 06-07-2017, 09:52 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,804,676 times
Here is the real article, not the sensationalized Josh Feuerstein version.

McDonald's to debut rainbow-decorated fry boxes along DC's Capital Pride parade route | Fox News

It's only three McDonald's locations in Washington DC along the gay pride parade route.

Conservative media doesn't tell you that because they want maximum outrage.

Old 06-07-2017, 09:54 AM

10,097 posts, read 10,004,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I really wish evangelicals would take cues from the Amish. They live lives that are very peculiar to most Americans, yet they keep it to themselves and don't try to force it on everyone. As long as they have the freedom to live out their faith, they don't need anything else. They don't need to be the "conscience of culture" that evangelicals seem to think they are.
Well, I think that is where it's going. There will be some vocal ones but as far as I can tell going to my evangelical church, the notion is that Christians will be like Jews in Babylon. Many have accepted it and while they'll vote for conservative politicians brave enough to speak out, they'll keep quiet.

....on the internet it might be a different story, lol.

Old 06-07-2017, 09:55 AM

1,649 posts, read 1,007,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Why do some want to promote their sexual preference? Meanwhile crying "stay out of our bedrooms"... mixed up folks.
This X 1,000

"What I do in my own bedroom is none of your business"

"by the way........I'm GAAAAAAAAAAAY"

I used to work and live around tons of Gay people in Seattle. Being that I'm not religious, I never had any reason to hate on them for any other reason than the fact that most of them are SUPER annoying because the NEVER shut up about their sexuality. Granted, lesbians aren't that bad to work with other than the swinging balls overcompensation thing, but working with most gay men is worse than working with even the most lybtarded Seattle hipster chick. I don't miss that ****.

Old 06-07-2017, 09:55 AM

10,086 posts, read 5,729,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I really wish evangelicals would take cues from the Amish. They live lives that are very peculiar to most Americans, yet they keep it to themselves and don't try to force it on everyone. As long as they have the freedom to live out their faith, they don't need anything else. They don't need to be the "conscience of culture" that evangelicals seem to think they are.
Why can't the gay community take the same cue? Instead, they want to punish businesses and people who don't support their immoral lifestyle.

Old 06-07-2017, 09:56 AM

5,658 posts, read 6,272,857 times
Fast Food Restaurant X could put a swastika, crucifix, ankh, AR-15, "COEXIST," GOP elephant, Democrat donkey, hammer-and-sickle, US flag, cannabis leaf, or whatever on their fry box and the correct answer would likely still be the same, for anyone -- just don't buy it and/or don't go if you don't like it.

Doncha think?

If they put R-rated material on it, like a depiction of anal sex or mutilated corpses, it would be a little more interesting question.
-----------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
Funny how business-friendly conservativIves wanna tell a business what to do.
I'm business-friendly in that I am for free minds and free markets.

Old 06-07-2017, 09:57 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,034,674 times
Quote:
So Mcdonald's is going to release gay theme fries. Coming soon! Your fries will come in a cool rainbow colored box in order of gay pride month!

First of all, if I was an investor in McDonalds, I would be pissed. Mcdonalds could be looking at some boycotts over their rainbow fries. Why do these companies feel the need to have a position on social issues? You make fast food. No one wants to go to Mcdonalds to hear or see a message about gay pride. They just want the food that they are used to. Such a move serves no benefit business wise as people like Christians may choose to no longer do business there. It just shows there is a liberal agenda at play here even at the cost of making money.

I don't want to go to Mcdonalds and see some barrier that says, "check out our gay fries in fun rainbow colors because being gay is fun and cool!" Of course, they will say they are only showing support for the gay community, but I see it as marking a specific message especially to kids.

Most Christians including myself don't care how someone wants to live their life as long as they are not causing harm to others. But these marketing ploy is just another growing instance of the LGBT community forcing a pro-gay message onto the public. Just give me fries.

so I suppose up until now you thought Ronald McDonald was a hetero?

enjoy your one "man" boycott, I'm sure the investors will be quivering in their boots

Old 06-07-2017, 09:57 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,804,676 times
Quote:
Why can't the gay community take the same cue? Instead, they want to punish businesses and people who don't support their immoral lifestyle.
So basically, go back in the closet so Baptist snowflakes aren't offended by their existence.

Old 06-07-2017, 10:00 AM

Quote:
There we go folks. OP thinks homosexuality is immoral. Your not fooling anybody. Mcdonalds has a right to do whatever they want . If you don't like it eat someplace else. Not rocket science.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies