Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2017, 11:07 AM

356 posts, read 281,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
Teachers are teaching kids in school to try gay sex out before forming their opinion if it's the right or wrong thing to do.
I absolutely do not believe this! I want to see proof!!!

Old 06-07-2017, 11:07 AM

733 posts, read 351,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Yeah! Lets also get rid of Christmas and Easter, why have special days to celebrate a religion? Fourth of July? No special day to celebrate are country. Mothers and fathers? Nope, no special days for them either.

And I guess we should also be getting rid of Memorial day and Veterans day since those are also special days in celebration of certain people.

Columbus Day, MLK day, Presidents Day, Valentines Day, St Patrick's day, Labor Day, Flag Day, NYE, birthdays, anniversaries, and all those other days of celebrations should also be gone.
Overreact much? I wasn't talking about holidays, genius. Try reading up on Valentines Day and what really happened.
You know Jesus wasn't born on December 25th.

Everyday we should be celebrating our mothers, fathers, veterans, MLK, our country etc. Some of other special days have been set aside so the greeting card companies can sell more cards.

Old 06-07-2017, 11:08 AM

2,141 posts, read 1,386,286 times
If you don't like it, don't buy the fries. It's that simple.

I don't know why some people get this riled up over stuff like this.

Old 06-07-2017, 11:08 AM

6,957 posts, read 8,486,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
So these McDonald's "Gay" fries, they're going to also have to change them from being "straight" cut to being unstraight?
Well, just for you, they're going to make those special "Get Bent" fries!

Old 06-07-2017, 11:10 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,711,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
So Mcdonald's is going to release gay theme fries. Coming soon! Your fries will come in a cool rainbow colored box in order of gay pride month!

First of all, if I was an investor in McDonalds, I would be pissed. Mcdonalds could be looking at some boycotts over their rainbow fries. Why do these companies feel the need to have a position on social issues? You make fast food. No one wants to go to Mcdonalds to hear or see a message about gay pride. They just want the food that they are used to. Such a move serves no benefit business wise as people like Christians may choose to no longer do business there. It just shows there is a liberal agenda at play here even at the cost of making money.

I don't want to go to Mcdonalds and see some barrier that says, "check out our gay fries in fun rainbow colors because being gay is fun and cool!" Of course, they will say they are only showing support for the gay community, but I see it as marking a specific message especially to kids.

Most Christians including myself don't care how someone wants to live their life as long as they are not causing harm to others. But these marketing ploy is just another growing instance of the LGBT community forcing a pro-gay message onto the public. Just give me fries.
Thank you. I'm with you and hearing that is the final nail in the coffin for McDonald's, as far as I and millions of their former customers are concerned.

I wish I had been surprised to see a lot of resonance with your OP in the first couple of pages. I wasn't, of course. The familiar parade of youthful "progressives" that were born in an upside down world and that is all they have ever known.

But be assured there are lots of us who get it. And since McDonald's hasn't even been close to competitive for many years, they may have just shot themselves fatally in the foot by turning away a a large portion of their traditional customers who have hung with them for decades.

Old 06-07-2017, 11:10 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,133,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
So Mcdonald's is going to release gay theme fries. Coming soon! Your fries will come in a cool rainbow colored box in order of gay pride month!

First of all, if I was an investor in McDonalds, I would be pissed. Mcdonalds could be looking at some boycotts over their rainbow fries. Why do these companies feel the need to have a position on social issues? You make fast food. No one wants to go to Mcdonalds to hear or see a message about gay pride. They just want the food that they are used to. Such a move serves no benefit business wise as people like Christians may choose to no longer do business there. It just shows there is a liberal agenda at play here even at the cost of making money.

I don't want to go to Mcdonalds and see some barrier that says, "check out our gay fries in fun rainbow colors because being gay is fun and cool!" Of course, they will say they are only showing support for the gay community, but I see it as marking a specific message especially to kids.

Most Christians including myself don't care how someone wants to live their life as long as they are not causing harm to others. But these marketing ploy is just another growing instance of the LGBT community forcing a pro-gay message onto the public. Just give me fries.
A french fry box is really worth 4 paragraphs of hysteria?

Old 06-07-2017, 11:11 AM

78,339 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Ironically, it didn't seem to hurt them at all. If anything, all that free publicity boosted sales. I think it's pretty ridiculous to be politicizing fast food shops so we've got the ones the liberal and the ones that the conservatives can go to. Probably most people do. But you've got a definite minority that does politicize them which is why you had the chick-fil-a protests and then the conservative response that ended up increasing sales as the other side flocked there. Both groups are nuts.
To Chick-fil-a it's not a big financial deal. I just happen to be disgusted by fascist tactics of forcing your will on other people.

Boycotts, public protest...no problem. Actively forcing businesses out.....problem.

Imagine a devout muslim with a middle eastern grocery in town having his business license pulled and run out of business because he organized a campaign against same sex marriage?

I just cannot support that level of oppression over differing views.

Old 06-07-2017, 11:14 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,724,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
Gay's claim that all they want is to be accepted in society as "normal" people, yet it seems to me that they go out of their way every chance they get to show how "different" they really are.

They should be the first ones protesting this new "gay themed" fries.
There is nothing "normal" about using a bathroom stall or shrub as a bedroom. As Morton Downey Jr. once said "The anus is an exit not an entrance".

Old 06-07-2017, 11:21 AM

4,515 posts, read 2,520,191 times
I was thinking the fries were going to be like dog "people cracker" treats, or animal crackers (shaped like animals, or... people like the mailman), you'd have 2 same sex people doing sexual things...or a box of phallic shaped fries...and I was thinking "oh hell no!" (Or at least not for kids or my 80 yr old mother!) Although phallic shaped fries would be perfect for a bridal shower...
Rainbow boxes??? Who cares.

Old 06-07-2017, 11:23 AM

1,548 posts, read 912,527 times
If they are gay fries they must be abnormal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies