Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2017, 11:48 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,020,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowtired14 View Post
I'm pretty sure in East Bugf**k, there aint going to be any curly fries in rainbow boxes
Because they are only in select DC McDonalds for a limited time? Well that and McDonald's dosn't even sell curly fries.

Old 06-07-2017, 11:50 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,020,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I bet the liberal pro-gay crowd would throw a hissy fit if Mcdonald's printed Bible verses on their box.
Doesn't In and Out have Bible verses on their packaging? They're all the rage in California, you know the land of pro-gay liberals.

Old 06-07-2017, 11:53 AM

4,529 posts, read 5,137,790 times
Quote:
If it involved something that you did find morally wrong then I doubt you would be so dismissive.

I find it immoral when people try to impose religious views on others.

Why is homosexuality immoral? Please be specific.

Old 06-07-2017, 11:56 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,718,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I fully support McDonalds right to sell fries in rainbow colored boxes to commemorate Gay Pride.

If some people don't like it, then don't eat there. It really isn't a hard concept.

I don't eat there because their food, including the fries, is pretty bad, but I still support them on this.

(BTW, it looks as if this is only going to be in a select few restaurants in DC for a short while.)
Who's questioning the "right"?

Everyone supports their "right" to sell fries any silly way they want. I don't see the point to your post.

Old 06-07-2017, 11:56 AM

25,959 posts, read 22,113,827 times
Quote:
So Mcdonald's is going to release gay theme fries. Coming soon! Your fries will come in a cool rainbow colored box in order of gay pride month!

First of all, if I was an investor in McDonalds, I would be pissed. Mcdonalds could be looking at some boycotts over their rainbow fries. Why do these companies feel the need to have a position on social issues? You make fast food. No one wants to go to Mcdonalds to hear or see a message about gay pride. They just want the food that they are used to. Such a move serves no benefit business wise as people like Christians may choose to no longer do business there. It just shows there is a liberal agenda at play here even at the cost of making money.

I don't want to go to Mcdonalds and see some barrier that says, "check out our gay fries in fun rainbow colors because being gay is fun and cool!" Of course, they will say they are only showing support for the gay community, but I see it as marking a specific message especially to kids.

Most Christians including myself don't care how someone wants to live their life as long as they are not causing harm to others. But these marketing ploy is just another growing instance of the LGBT community forcing a pro-gay message onto the public. Just give me fries.
As you know, this is about some getting on board with forcing an agenda of "acceptance" not tolerance, that is where I have an issue with it. I think it causes more harm than good to the LGBT community.

Now, I have not heard of them having other promotions to support say "Martin Luther King" Day, President's Day, etc., but perhaps they do. Only if they are celebrating these other "days" or "months" do I find it acceptable. Actually, as a mother of an adult child with Down syndrome, I don't recall McDonald's doing anything during that month. They had my son work cleaning tables and seats for free though when he was going to a day center, oh, wait for an hour's work, they gave him a medium soda, yeah, that was a short-lived position. Well, there are more people in the LGBT community than in there are people with Down syndrome, I guess that would make a difference to them.

Ah, boycott: Evangelist Joshua Feuerstein Calls for Boycott of McDonald's Over 'Disgusting' Gay Pride Fries which does speak to investors.

https://christiannews.net/2017/06/03...bow-fry-boxes/

I haven't ate at McDonald's in years and don't expect to ever eat there again.

Old 06-07-2017, 12:04 PM

12,860 posts, read 22,021,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Doesn't In and Out have Bible verses on their packaging? They're all the rage in California, you know the land of pro-gay liberals.
Yes they do, and nobody cares. In fact, In-n-out has a cult-like following (they're delicious). They're pro-Christian without being anti-anything. It's fine.

Old 06-07-2017, 12:14 PM

21,875 posts, read 25,139,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
To Chick-fil-a it's not a big financial deal. I just happen to be disgusted by fascist tactics of forcing your will on other people.

Boycotts, public protest...no problem. Actively forcing businesses out.....problem.

Imagine a devout muslim with a middle eastern grocery in town having his business license pulled and run out of business because he organized a campaign against same sex marriage?

I just cannot support that level of oppression over differing views.
Yeah, but are we talking about theoretically or in reality? Were any Chick-fil-a locations closed by the government? I mean, I know there was the fascist alderman in Chicago he did a Kerry Flip-flop shortly thereafter so there's still plans to build it. The more straight forward fascism is more directed at the individual but to me it's basically the same thing. If you're using the power of the government to control speech you don't like, that's fascism. Up to a point anyway. If you used the government to deny a permit to a business front for the KKK or Al-Shabaab I wouldn't have a problem with that.

Old 06-07-2017, 12:24 PM

9,911 posts, read 7,697,498 times
What is the big deal it's a private business. Can do whatever they want

Old 06-07-2017, 12:32 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,126,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
Whether it's the LGBT community, or BLM, or being a woman, etc., the sad part about this country is anyone other than a stereotypical white American male struggles for acceptance and equality. I can't blame these groups of people for continuing to put out awareness in any way they can. It's because human beings suck that such things like "McDonald's Gay Fries" occurring.
First of all, how would it go over if there was a flag indicating straight sexual preference? Yes the homosexuals and their supporters & sympathizers would take that as a "hateful" symbol.

Second of all, straights don't need a flag symbolizing their sexual preferences because........ they are perfectly comfortable with their preference without having to get "approval/support" from everyone else. FACT!

One of my best friends in my adult life was gay. One day I asked him jokingly "hey where's your gay bumper sticker". He responded "I don't need a sticker indicating what my sexual preference is because I am perfectly happy with what I prefer, don't need anyone else's approval and it's no one else's business what my preference is". Hmmmm. We continued on with this discussion which I felt was pretty interesting. He further explained that to use such a flag/symbol to indicate the preference means the person using such is doing so because they themselves haven't fully excepted who they are and what their sexual preference is, and basically need to get the support of others all around them to basically tell them "it's ok to be gay, it's ok to do this and it's ok to that, etc. etc."

So that's what I think about the symbol and I'm sick and tired of having to "coach" people into getting them themselves to accept their gay preference.

Old 06-07-2017, 12:35 PM

4,139 posts, read 4,528,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe the photog View Post
i personally stopped going there on sundays. The wait was horrible
lol!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies