Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2017, 06:17 PM

5,701 posts, read 3,219,897 times

Advertisements

All he wanted was his good name cleared in public. Wouldn't you want the same?

News from The Associated Press

Quote:
"The president is pleased that Mr. Comey has finally publicly confirmed his private reports that the president was not under investigation in any Russian probe," attorney Mark Kasowitz said in a statement. "The president feels completely and totally vindicated. He is eager to continue to move forward with his agenda."

Old 06-07-2017, 06:18 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,798,262 times
It is interesting to read what Trump defenders write here since we can predict what GOP will focus on when they question Comey.

They will ask....

Did you inform the President on three times he was not personally under investigation.

Comey will say YES.

GOP will say see...Trump was telling truth.

They don't want to touch on facts like:

"damning evidence of the President asking the then FBI Director to drop an investigation into Mike Flynn,"

Cite: Comey's Statement Details A Whole Lot of Witnesses To Trump's Plan Of Obstruction

Old 06-07-2017, 06:18 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Wow, the denial by the Trump supporters in this thread is off the charts.

Step back and look at the big picture. Trump invites Comey for a one-on-one dinner, demands loyalty, and later says, wink, wink, we've got "that thing you know." The implication is obvious: drop the investigations or you're fired. Trump follows through and fires Comey. Then Trump brags to the visiting Russians, hey, I fired Trump and it relieves the pressure on the Russia thing.

If this isn't obstruction of justice then I don't know what is. Give it a rest Righties your man is toast.
Exactly.

Old 06-07-2017, 06:21 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,491,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
All he wanted was his good name cleared in public. Wouldn't you want the same?

News from The Associated Press
Yes. I am sure trump wanted coney to say trump asked him to let his buddy Flynn off the hook. Seriously.

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
Let me ask you a question...

Does any of Trumps comments violate the law? (hint: No, it does not meet the requirements of the law)

So, I think his statement is meaningless political BS.
Now, now, now, now....

You'll have to make the left think, maybe even throwing a bit of critical thinking in there....

5,277 posts, read 2,798,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Wow, the denial by the Trump supporters in this thread is off the charts.

Step back and look at the big picture. Trump invites Comey for a one-on-one dinner, demands loyalty, and later says, wink, wink, we've got "that thing you know." The implication is obvious: drop the investigations or you're fired. Trump follows through and fires Comey. Then Trump brags to the visiting Russians, hey, I fired Trump and it relieves the pressure on the Russia thing.

If this isn't obstruction of justice then I don't know what is. Give it a rest Righties your man is toast.
Hmmm There are no Trump supporters here. All these are Democrats who know if Trump is kept on that the mid-term elections will be more interesting.

No GOP person can say they had the courage to do the right thing and uphold the rule of law.

Old 06-07-2017, 06:22 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,902,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
I'm not sure - it depends on what Comey is trying to say. Is he hinting at obstruction of justice? It seems like he is wiggling around it without directly saying that.

This will get clarified soon enough - I'm sure someone will directly ask him about this. I'm not a lawyer, and I'm not saying it is anything specific.

Side note: are you claiming that Comey was politically-motivated in all of this? His statements here actually say otherwise.
What does 18 U.S.C.A. §§ 1501–1517 say? That is all that matters. If they can not establish the criteria of the law, then they are wasting our time.

As for Comey being political? Well, either he is being political are he is an idiot who has no understanding of the law? Which do you think it is?

I mean, he sat right before congress in very detailed manner explained that Clinton was not intending to break 18 U.S. Code § 798 and looked dumbfounded when it was explained that intent as not a component of that law.

So, either he is an idiot or a liar pushing politics.

See, in this situation, he has no grounds to charge Trump, but what this does do is allow him to make vague accusations and give the progressives plenty of ammunition to lay claim of obstruction of justice.

Look at the new talking points (I have seen several of your people already parrot it off) about how congress is corrupt and won't charge him anyway, as if to imply he his guilty when in fact there is no law that he broke because his comments did not meet the qualifications of the law.

So.. you have NOTHING. All you have is more politics and "hope" that people will be stupid enough to buy into the progressive narrative.

Old 06-07-2017, 06:23 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,622,028 times
Nothing is going to happen to Trump. He is like a Teflon man. He has full support of most Republicans and Republicans always put party before country, no matter how mafia like he acts. Some of these people admire him....

Old 06-07-2017, 06:24 PM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
It is interesting to read what Trump defenders write here since we can predict what GOP will focus on when they question Comey.

They will ask....

Did you inform the President on three times he was not personally under investigation.

Comey will say YES.

GOP will say see...Trump was telling truth.

"damning evidence of the President asking the then FBI Director to drop an investigation into Mike Flynn,"

Cite: Comey's Statement Details A Whole Lot of Witnesses To Trump's Plan Of Obstruction
Only repubs are questing comey? Really?

Dems will ask:

Comey will say YES.

Dems will say see...Trump was lying.....

Old 06-07-2017, 06:24 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,902,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Now, now, now, now....

You'll have to make the left think, maybe even throwing a bit of critical thinking in there....
I had to answer, some of these guys are like rocks and if you don't lead them there, they come up with some ridiculous answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies