Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2017, 06:53 PM

34,301 posts, read 15,543,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
For the fifth or sixth time in as many threads, this is not and never has been about trump and collusion with Russia. It is about trump and his possible obstruction with the FBI investigation of Mike Flynn, who is in with Russia up to his eyeballs
Then why hasn't that been the story in the news everyday ? MSM and Democrats have made it all about Trump for months. The fake news has been saying Trump has been under FBI investigation for months and today that was found to be not the case.

On the obstruction charge there is nothing to that either in Comey's statement released today. The only thing that seems to be real is the nothing burger that Democrats will eat, not be satisfied, and still want a bite of Trump

Old 06-07-2017, 06:54 PM

13,389 posts, read 6,386,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
Some continue to say Trump is just not familiar with how to operate, however

"Julie O’Sullivan, a former federal prosecutor who teaches at Georgetown University’s law school, said Trump’s decision to clear the room before talking to Comey is evidence that suggests that Trump “was aware that what he was doing was a problem.”"

Why would Trump supporters defend a man who knowingly is doing illegal acts?

cite: Legal experts: Trump’s comments inappropriate, maybe worse
And yet boy scout Comey never told the pres their convo was inappropriate or in any way tried to avoid the convo. Too funny.

Old 06-07-2017, 06:57 PM

13,389 posts, read 6,386,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Then why hasn't that been the story in the news everyday ? MSM and Democrats have made it all about Trump for months. The fake news has been saying Trump has been under FBI investigation for months and today that was found to be not the case.
Exactly. And now we know the FBI and Comey were complicit in forwarding this agenda that Trump was under investigation when clearly he was not.

Comey should be strung up for the traitor he is for holding the country hostage to this BS agenda.

Old 06-07-2017, 06:58 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,573,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
So, he wanted honest loyalty? And you oppose that?

You cannot take sentences and attempt to get what you want, you must read and comprehend the entire document....

Above is the one nobody will talk about.....and he (comey) would not tell the press, which is probably why he was fired....
Another point...if Comey felt so threatened and intimidated by Trump, why would he not simply resign? And on top of that, I hope someone asks him if he in any way felt threatened of intimidated by Obama/Clinton/Lynch during the Hillary e-mail scandal..

Old 06-07-2017, 06:59 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,778,980 times
I love that Comey made sure to mention the Russian hookers. I hope he's asked about it several times tomorrow.

Old 06-07-2017, 07:00 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,463,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
The Director of the FBI is loyal to law and upholding it, not to the president.

Old 06-07-2017, 07:01 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,461,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot N Annie View Post
{shrug} Trump did not in any way "obstruct justice". Donald wins, again. Bigly

Mahalo and Covfefe
Hoot
You are right. Nothing illegal in the lotus asking the fbi to drop an investigation against his friends. In fact it is codified in the constitution.

Old 06-07-2017, 07:06 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,890,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Of course that depends on the rest of the evidence. I'm not making any judgements - just pointing out interesting language in his statements. I'm certain this will get clarified more tomorrow.
There really is no more evidence. Comey mentioned a few details, but stated in his opening that this was the basically it.

Quote:
Based on his statements and actions, he seems rather apolitical.
Yeah, umm... not really.

Quote:
What do the words "knowingly and willfully" mean to you?
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/798

It was not a crime to share information over an unsecured network (even if it should be...which maybe it should be).

There is a section on gross negligence, but that also has issues in relation to charging Clinton.

Why the FBI concluded Hillary Clinton's email practices did not rise to the level of criminal charges - LA Times

Why the FBI didn't want to charge Hillary Clinton - Business Insider

https://thinkprogress.org/hillary-cl...y-cfda473444c3

Criminal charges against Clinton could have set new legal standard - POLITICO

Granted, I'm not a big fan of HRC, and do think her handling of her e-mails was reckless. But I don't know if the case against her was strong enough.

Obviously, you disagree with this decision, but I'm not sure if he is an idiot. And given his handling of the DNC stuff, it's hard to say he is politically-motivated...

I'm not saying he is charging him of anything - which is why I brought it up. I'm wondering what his statements are getting at (if anything).

Typical tactic by you - lumping the person you're talking to into some monolithic group ("progressives", "leftists", etc.).

How about debate the person and specific points? It's really not that hard. I give you that courtesy, how about you return it? Maybe I'm asking too much of you?

My bad, I quoted the wrong law (meant 793, not 798):

this was the law in question:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18 U.S. Code § 793 (f) - Gathering, transmitting or losing defense information
Whoever, being entrusted with or having lawful possession or control of any document, writing, code book, signal book, sketch, photograph, photographic negative, blueprint, plan, map, model, instrument, appliance, note, or information, relating to the national defense, (1) through gross negligence permits the same to be removed from its proper place of custody or delivered to anyone in violation of his trust, or to be lost, stolen, abstracted, or destroyed, or (2) having knowledge that the same has been illegally removed from its proper place of custody or delivered to anyone in violation of its trust, or lost, or stolen, abstracted, or destroyed, and fails to make prompt report of such loss, theft, abstraction, or destruction to his superior officer—
Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both.

Comey validates she did in fact break the law.

Comey stated she had no intent, yet you can see "intent" is not a requirement, rather "gross negligence" to which Comey specifically admitted in the video above that she was "Extremely careless".

What is GROSS NEGLIGENCE?

"A severe degree of negligence taken as reckless disregard."

Comey said she was "extremely careless".

She meets the qualifications and the video of Gowdy's points clearly identifies her "gross negligence".

Just to show you the hypocrisy and to clearly show you that Clinton did in fact break the law and was given special treatement, there is this story:

Feds torpedo Navy sailor's 'Clinton defense'

So yes, she is guilty and as you can see, anyone else would have been charged for this in any other case.

So is Comey a political monkey? Not sure, he could just be a frigging idiot, but hey.. my gut says that is likely not the case.

Old 06-07-2017, 07:07 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,779,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
And yet boy scout Comey never told the pres their convo was inappropriate or in any way tried to avoid the convo. Too funny.
Oops you missed the funny part about Comey trying to blend in with the curtains at that photo op.

Oh, and Sessions "lingering" behind Comey and having to be told twice to leave the room .

Both of those will make very funny bits in the movie version.

Old 06-07-2017, 07:08 PM

10,808 posts, read 14,874,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Yes. I am sure trump wanted coney to say trump asked him to let his buddy Flynn off the hook. Seriously.
Buddy?

In September 2011, Flynn was promoted to Lieutenant General and assigned to the Office of the Director of National Intelligence. On April 17, 2012, President Barack Obama nominated Flynn to be the 18th director of the Defense Intelligence Agency.

So tell me, who was buddy with who?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies