Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2017, 05:21 PM

46,259 posts, read 27,071,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
Actually he said he would give him honest loyalty, whatever that means.
It means he want him to back him, but if he does something illegal to make sure he informs the correct people....you know, honest....

Old 06-07-2017, 05:25 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,904,610 times
What does everyone make of this statement by Comey?

Quote:
"I had understood the President to be requesting that we drop any investigation of Flynn in connection with false statements about his conversations with the Russian ambassador in December. I did not understand the President to be talking about the broader investigation into Russia or possible links to his campaign. I could be wrong, but I took him to be focusing on what had just happened with Flynn’s departure and the controversy around his account of his phone calls. Regardless, it was very concerning, given the FBI’s role as an independent investigative agency"
https://www.intelligence.senate.gov/...mey-060817.pdf

Old 06-07-2017, 05:27 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,805,770 times
So Sen. Graham just made a good point about the obstruction issue. Since Mueller reviewed the info and allowed Comey to testify, that there is no obstruction to warrant a charge because you don’t subject your only witness to a hearing like this if you are moving forward with that charge.

Old 06-07-2017, 05:28 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,907,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
The Comey document, released today could not be more damning to President* Trump. In his written statement Comey reveals what was said in his 5 meetings/phone calls with Trump before Comey was fired as head of the FBI. It's a 6 page pdf document, so I'll give a few highlights along withe link to the statement so that folks can read it for themselves and draw their own conclusions without help from Fox or MSNBC:

In regard to Comey's first one on one dinner with Trump (January 27):

February 14 Oval Office Meeting:

April 11 Phone Call

https://www.intelligence.senate.gov/...mey-060817.pdf

Now I know that the cons here will want to equate loyalty to the president* with loyalty to the United States. Anyone who makes this mistake is just playing party politics. The FBI, CIA, etc. are independent agencies whose purpose is to be loyal to our COUNTRY, not some government official - up to and including the president.

In addition, why would a man with nothing to hide keep demanding "loyalty" over truth?
why would a man release this ahead of time?

what's up with that?

so far it looks like a big nothing burger, but he hasn't even testified yet.

maybe we should all wait until he actually does. Maybe the media is trying to prepare us that there is no "smoking gun". Supposedly, he asked a higher up for advice and they didn't even both getting back to him for a couple of weeks, not alarmed obviously.

Old 06-07-2017, 05:28 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,293,301 times
Why do you think it's "damning" for Trump? If anything, it proves everything Trump has said about his conversations with Comey was 100% truthful.

Old 06-07-2017, 05:29 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,433,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
The Director of the FBI is loyal to law and upholding it, not to the president.

So, don't you wonder why he didn't tell the pres that? I'll tell you why lol.......because he's a self serving coward.

Old 06-07-2017, 05:33 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,762,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
His history shows failure.

Let's see. Biden ran for President in
  • 1988 - Got nailed for plagiarism. Withdrew
  • 2008 - Finished 5th in Iowa Caucus Withdrew

On the other hand, Trump has never lost to any politician (17) who has ran against him.
Now, now pussycat.

Let's not get too arrogant. There's always a first time for everything.

Old 06-07-2017, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I read nothing "damning for Trump". Comey is never really clear and one is always wondering what he said when he finishes.

I realize the libs are looking for something as the resistance loses steam, but I don't think this is the golden egg you are looking for. You'll have to find another "goose".
I agree. It exculpates Trump.

Comey is a "CYA" expert. And in doing so, his "memos" (which only exist on his laptop, apparently) prove everything Trump has said all along is the truth. Case closed.

Old 06-07-2017, 05:35 PM

As we expected, a "nothingburger."

Old 06-07-2017, 05:45 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,797,954 times
Hey Waldo you could help with this problem

"The president’s lawyers and aides have been urging him to resist engaging, and they hope to keep him busy Thursday with other events meant to compete for his – and the news media’s – attention.
“The president’s going to have a very, very busy day,” White House press secretary Sean Spicer said."

Cite: https://justabovesunset.wordpress.co...eated-warrior/

Let's figure out something to distract the President so he is busy.

Maybe we can have Trump go ride around on a golf cart and be presented with shiny medals and glowing orbs. Oh good chocolate cake and ice cream.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.