U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2017, 09:51 PM

32,321 posts, read 26,189,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriz Brown View Post
In this countdown to Donald J. Trump's impeachment, did you ever expect it might happen so early? I knew Trump would implode before his 4th year in office, but I wasn't expecting it to happen in year one lol.

Timing wise, when do you predict Donald J. Trump will be removed?
you can continue your wet dream, but if you are relying on trump being impeached, keep dreaming. nothing comey said before congress would get trump impeached.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2017, 09:54 PM

17,630 posts, read 11,110,297 times
None of us, on either side, know exactly how this Presidency will end up. But, one thing is for certain, NEVER BEFORE has any President been in so much hot water so soon after taking the oath. My God, this whole 5 months has been one disaster after another...........he can't get any of his programs through, he has lost more people in 5 months than other Presidents lose in 8 years, and no other President has had this many questions about ethics surrounding them, regardless of how long they were in office.

Trumpees will say it is us after him, but the truth is, Donald Trump brings all of this upon himself. He is a bull in a china shop, and refuses to act like a normal human being. When we say he has mental issues, we are not being facetious , we are dead serious. There has never been anyone in that office who has caused this much chaos in such a short period of time, and the dumb SOB shows no signs of letting up.

Old 06-08-2017, 09:57 PM

15,698 posts, read 6,191,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Trumpees will say it is us after him, but the truth is, Donald Trump brings all of this upon himself. He is a bull in a china shop, and refuses to act like a normal human being. When we say he has mental issues, we are not being facetious , we are dead serious. There has never been anyone in that office who has caused this much chaos in such a short period of time, and the dumb SOB shows no sign of letting up.
The "resistance" to him started right after Election Day. He has had to try to govern a country spurred by media incitement to the closest peaceful, and sometimes not so peaceful, equivalent of revolution. The establishment rightly fears he means business in making changes.

The withdrawal from the Paris Climate Accords shows that he is serious about knocking down purposeless bureaucracies. That scares the bejesus oiut of many.

Old 06-08-2017, 09:58 PM

203 posts, read 204,582 times
Chance and Change Sir, We stand in awe at Your depth of explanation regarding our inquiry! Such reminded us of Our Grandfathers who when asked a question be prepared to listen for 3 hours of explanation without a single wiggle... harsh discipline considered a lack of respect for the answer LOL. We learn body discipline early before Our elders...

And now to what is at hand. Your explanation as to the degree that You shown relationship to Liberalism, Conservatism, Constitutional Traditionalist,... I ( we )appreciated such distinctions and find myself in agreement with such.

Though much truth that You spoke distresses me to a great degree and here's why.

Service to the nation needs to be done in purity... of intention or motivation if we hold the Nation in the esteem that Justice and righteous ethics dictate.... the small world of those who serve their goals, their greed, their biases and their position would in a more perfect union dissolve into what is best for humanity.

Historically cultures that experienced Ethical Failure have never seen greatness continue, as You said. Which leads us to consider what we wish for our Democracy.

the two examples: of the Republican aspiration to fulfill Confederate agenda and the relationship of the president with enemies of our nation work against the preservation of Our American ideals. From your example, potentially subversive and treasonous.

Will this chasm of differences between the polarized parties and leaders lead to a more specific civil (war for the mind of America ) war? It may be sensible to say we are already there: the work now
is to create the Perfect Union. I believe with God's help it is possible Sir.

What is difficult for myself and others with whom I communicate is that there is not an infusion of hope from the leadership that is shiny without having fear. We are not being inspired to the greater purposes of service to and participation in our Democracy from such a bases. We need to be motivated to the lofty ideals and dreams for our future that were given previous generations.

What the elders felt when they were in their teens in America, what dreams and possible futures were given them. We want to be inspired, not by hate or fear but by goals that can guide wonderful lives. I don't want to spend my next 50 years just repeating slogans, restating opinions of opposition, or passively watching separation rather than comitting myself to creating a positive future for all.

When one listens to the wisdom brought forth by historical knowledge but the history is before my time, it brings forth the desire to learn or relearn those things which conveyed the culture from one perspective to another. Someone like my grandfather saw, lived and understood the rise of certain ideals and processes, my father saw some of them fail and destroy others as well as what used to be strong Industries,,,, and I am inheriting the situation without knowledge of these events... I count on the perspective and tips from elders to help me gain wisdom about these things.

Much distressed me about what You wrote and I could not deny the model of Putin / Russia. I cannot go further and remain on a public board. One just think about the heroes of Steve Bannon and maybe can understand what is meant. He is a hero to many youth.

Thank You Sir for Your time and in depth commentary --- Your many explanations regarding Your views and their roots.

Old 06-08-2017, 10:01 PM

5,170 posts, read 3,275,667 times
Quote:
January 20, 2025

Old 06-08-2017, 10:02 PM

66,293 posts, read 33,642,226 times
Quote:
In this countdown to Donald J. Trump's impeachment, did you ever expect it might happen so early? I knew Trump would implode before his 4th year in office, but I wasn't expecting it to happen in year one lol.

Ya, elections have consequences.....

Trump has all the power at his fingertips to shutdown any and all investigations by the FBI, CIA and all the alphabet agencies that under his sole discretion, by the power congress gave him long ago, when they gave up their power to the Presidency.

Then on top of that, he can use the power of the pardon to completely silence the probe.
Congress can do what they want, but it is not impeachable, or anything that can remove the president.

Old 06-08-2017, 10:02 PM

14,505 posts, read 22,364,566 times
Quote:

Oh, another fun thread!

7 years, 4 months 1 week and 6 days.

Old 06-08-2017, 10:04 PM

4,950 posts, read 1,949,917 times
Nine legal professionals from top universities all consider Trump's actions to be impeachable offenses.

However, almost all doubt that any GOP Congressman will do the right thing so Trump has a free pass to do anything he wants with the American justice system.

https://www.vox.com/2017/6/8/1576196...ongress-russia

Old 06-08-2017, 10:05 PM

17,630 posts, read 11,110,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
The "resistance" to him started right after Election Day. He has had to try to govern a country spurred by media incitement to the closest peaceful, and sometimes not so peaceful, equivalent of revolution. The establishment rightly fears he means business in making changes.

The withdrawal from the Paris Climate Accords shows that he is serious about knocking down purposeless bureaucracies. That scares the bejesus oiut of many.

No, that is not correct at all. If you think that is why we want Trump out of this office, you are badly mistaken. We want him out because he is UNFIT to hold this very important post, both in experience and temperament. We could almost accept him not having the experience part, IF he was showing any indications that he was learning on the job and had the intelligence to do the right things and act as a normal person would.

Right out of the gate, he went after all of our long time allies and caused them to question if they could trust America any longer. When he said he wanted to build a wall, no one thought he meant a wall between us and the rest of the countries we need, and who need us. The longer he is in there, the more damage he causes. He is the laughing stock of the whole world , and is causing people to question our motives and agendas.

Old 06-08-2017, 10:11 PM

66,293 posts, read 33,642,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
No, that is not correct at all. If you think that is why we want Trump out of this office, you are badly mistaken. We want him out because he is UNFIT to hold this very important post, both in experience and temperament. We could almost accept him not having the experience part, IF he was showing any indications that he was learning on the job and had the intelligence to do the right things and act as a normal person would.

Right out of the gate, he went after all of our long time allies and caused them to question if they could trust America any longer. When he said he wanted to build a wall, no one thought he meant a wall between us and the rest of the countries we need, and who need us. The longer he is in there, the more damage he causes. He is the laughing stock of the whole world , and is causing people to question our motives and agendas.

Because your feelings got hurt by being lied to over and over, is not reason to take it out on Trump and certainly no reason for impeachment. He didn't lie to you and about you. The echo chamber you have been trapped in, has.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or