U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2017, 10:12 PM

4,953 posts, read 1,956,976 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
The more you speak, the less meaning of your words. I take it from your long diatribe that you aren't happy today since Trump was vindicated by Comey's testimony.
Perhaps you should read the definition of a word you used.

vin·di·cate
ˈvindəˌkāt/Submit
verb
past tense: vindicated; past participle: vindicated
clear (someone) of blame or suspicion.

synonyms: acquit, clear, absolve, exonerate; More
show or prove to be right, reasonable, or justified.

Was Trump's request to stop a criminal investigation against Flynn and the firing of Comey

Reasonable?

Justified?

Did the testimony confirm or clear Trump's name regarding trying to stop the investigation.

Of course I know you are addressing the feeble minded who will believe you. Perhaps you should speak to people who are not intelligent enough to think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2017, 10:13 PM

26,304 posts, read 12,835,545 times
*IF* it were to occur, and I had to pick a date? December 12th.

Odds of it occurring? 1 in 3.

Old 06-08-2017, 10:21 PM

2,696 posts, read 1,888,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Ya, elections have consequences.....

Trump has all the power at his fingertips to shutdown any and all investigations by the FBI, CIA and all the alphabet agencies that under his sole discretion, by the power congress gave him long ago, when they gave up their power to the Presidency.

Then on top of that, he can use the power of the pardon to completely silence the probe.
Congress can do what they want, but it is not impeachable, or anything that can remove the president.
He is not a dictator.

Old 06-08-2017, 10:22 PM

2,696 posts, read 1,888,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Oh, another fun thread!

7 years, 4 months 1 week and 6 days.
What makes you think he will get a second term? Its very unlikely he will finish his first lol.

Old 06-08-2017, 10:24 PM

66,443 posts, read 33,753,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriz Brown View Post
He is not a dictator.

And who explained Executive Powers to you? LOL!!
After what Obama signed, he can detain anyone at anytime indefinitely, just because he says so.
You are about to become the victims of your own doing.

Old 06-09-2017, 06:30 AM

5,227 posts, read 2,312,952 times
Default "And he saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Something Needs To Change View Post
Chance and Change Sir, We stand in awe at Your depth of explanation regarding our inquiry! Such reminded us of Our Grandfathers who when asked a question be prepared to listen for 3 hours of explanation without a single wiggle... harsh discipline considered a lack of respect for the answer LOL. We learn body discipline early before Our elders...

And now to what is at hand. Your explanation as to the degree that You shown relationship to Liberalism, Conservatism, Constitutional Traditionalist,... I ( we )appreciated such distinctions and find myself in agreement with such.

Though much truth that You spoke distresses me to a great degree and here's why.

Service to the nation needs to be done in purity... of intention or motivation if we hold the Nation in the esteem that Justice and righteous ethics dictate.... the small world of those who serve their goals, their greed, their biases and their position would in a more perfect union dissolve into what is best for humanity.

Historically cultures that experienced Ethical Failure have never seen greatness continue, as You said. Which leads us to consider what we wish for our Democracy.

the two examples: of the Republican aspiration to fulfill Confederate agenda and the relationship of the president with enemies of our nation work against the preservation of Our American ideals. From your example, potentially subversive and treasonous.

Will this chasm of differences between the polarized parties and leaders lead to a more specific civil (war for the mind of America ) war? It may be sensible to say we are already there: the work now
is to create the Perfect Union. I believe with God's help it is possible Sir.

What is difficult for myself and others with whom I communicate is that there is not an infusion of hope from the leadership that is shiny without having fear. We are not being inspired to the greater purposes of service to and participation in our Democracy from such a bases. We need to be motivated to the lofty ideals and dreams for our future that were given previous generations.

What the elders felt when they were in their teens in America, what dreams and possible futures were given them. We want to be inspired, not by hate or fear but by goals that can guide wonderful lives. I don't want to spend my next 50 years just repeating slogans, restating opinions of opposition, or passively watching separation rather than comitting myself to creating a positive future for all.

When one listens to the wisdom brought forth by historical knowledge but the history is before my time, it brings forth the desire to learn or relearn those things which conveyed the culture from one perspective to another. Someone like my grandfather saw, lived and understood the rise of certain ideals and processes, my father saw some of them fail and destroy others as well as what used to be strong Industries,,,, and I am inheriting the situation without knowledge of these events... I count on the perspective and tips from elders to help me gain wisdom about these things.

Much distressed me about what You wrote and I could not deny the model of Putin / Russia. I cannot go further and remain on a public board. One just think about the heroes of Steve Bannon and maybe can understand what is meant. He is a hero to many youth.

Thank You Sir for Your time and in depth commentary --- Your many explanations regarding Your views and their roots.
Distress has moved man for generation to seek means and methods to improve and make better. Many fear the distresses and the labor it takes to resolve them into palatable functions that move us into better positions to become and be better people and make a better system.

Many live with a fear of the change that is necessary, but God does not teach man fear, mans/man's vices and the will to cling to them is the making of mans fears, as well as, the fear of the unknown, when he seeks to control that which he has not come to know, neither to understand nor regard in the life in Gods realm, which is that.. of what becomes the future. When man turns his faith to God, away from faith in riches, he makes better himself and the world in which he lives, and he shall prosper and do well. Many have invested so much in dire pursuit of riches, until he has filled his heart and thus his mind becomes consumed with avarice, and he is them an abomination even unto himself, as well as much within the world. The tools of Avarice, which is Greed, consumes him, and much folly and failure encircles him in the expanse of his generations, he then does not build an honorable legacy., he build that which torments other man and makes vile his environment, that he must consume himself in enclaves while in a constant fight for the retention of that which has become to control him. Which is the elements that shape and compose his vanity. He then may have wealth, but lives within the midst of much treachery, and he too becomes treacherous, in much that he does.

Yes man can make plans, but if one does so and have faith in God, rather than his entire soul consumed in what of money he may gain, he will find that not only does he make better the world and the lives of people, he too gains a profit ( I referenced this in another post, which I said: What of a mans legacy? Those who do the works in honor of Gods principle, are both remembered with good cheer in those who come after him, and during his time, his company is desires, his presence is appreciated and he is embraced with great consideration that is spoke of by generations to come.

Thus so again, I say:

Quote:
Mark 8:36 "For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
Mark 8:37 Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mark 10;23 And Jesus looked round about, and saith unto his disciples, How hardly shall they that have riches enter into the kingdom of God!

Mark 10:24 And the disciples were astonished at his words. But Jesus answereth again, and saith unto them, Children, how hard is it for them that trust in riches to enter into the kingdom of God!

Mark 10:25 It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

This say's: Man who Trust in Riches, is but lost unto the lord, for his trust in riches is greater than his trust in God.
King James Bible
Matthew 8:26
"And he saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith? Then he arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a great calm."

Matthew 8:26
"But the men marvelled, saying, What manner of man is this, that even the winds and the sea obey him!"

One would do well to consider:

Matthew 9:10
While Jesus was having dinner at Matthew's house, many tax collectors and sinners came and ate with him and his disciples.

Matthew 9:11
When the Pharisees saw this, they asked his disciples, "Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?"
Matthew 9:12
But when Jesus heard that, he said unto them, They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick.

Thus so, speaking, writing and bringing information into the masses whom are sick in despair, confusion, misery and impoverishment, are those whom need understanding, to build faith.

Equally so, speaking, writing and bringing information into the masses whom are driven by greed, living in haughtiness and consumed in vanity, until avarice has become the making of their soul, are those whom need understanding, that they may learn to have Faith in God, not in riches.

Often it is few who need such healing that will will accept such understanding that they may gain spiritual healing, as in accepting forgiveness, and making in themselves the changes from such sloth.

Therefore, for the youth as well as those whom have become aged.

""And he saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith?

Again I repeat:

Quote:
Yes man can make plans, but if one does so and have faith in God, rather than his entire soul consumed in what of money he may gain, he will find that not only does he make better the world and the lives of people, he too gains a profit (I referenced this earlier in this post post), which I said: What of a mans legacy? Those who do the works in honor of Gods principle, are both remembered with good cheer in those who come after him, and during his time, his company is desires, his presence is appreciated and he is embraced with great consideration that is spoken of by generations to come. He makes better the lives of man, himself and the world in which he is living.
I've written subject on how many can gain wealth within and through industry, hold and maintain it, while his industry's productions and services meet with the provision to be and do good for/of mankind and he profits well, the compositions design fends off those whom would see to raid his works and his creation, and it build a solidity, that he can then mainain his focus to the quality standards in the production of his goods, and the honor within the services he provides. It is a plan that can and would restore America's Society to a pathway to regain its economic stature within a changed environment, that his works and his wealth, serve the good of society and give him the comforts he desires, and do the works of God, while he too gains well, that which God will so grant unto those who choose the pathway of righteousness.

I can assure you that many of of such little faith, they; would find this unfathomable. it is not a Utopia, but a climate that man works within the society to be a contributor.... thus we rebuild the dignity within society, that man too can regain within himself, his spiritual dignity, to be and to have honor within living by the sweat of his brow, without cursing the world, other man and rebuking God.

Sadly, so many are of such little faith to embrace the change and become less driven by sloth.

"And he saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith?"

Last edited by Chance and Change; 06-09-2017 at 07:34 AM..

Old 06-09-2017, 07:08 AM

32,438 posts, read 26,300,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Absolutely. At this point Trump is immensely unpopular despite the fan base here, he has only a 34% approval rating in the general public. Thats not that much better then Nixon.

And really? you want to start the slippery slope argument? Look at what Clinton got impeached for. Trump at this point has gone way beyond that.

We will survive. Pence will carry on, and drive the Republican agenda far more succesfully then Trump can at this point. If anything you folks should cheer this idea on. Want to pass legislation? Trumps not your guy, Pence is.

This isnt about politics. If it was Trump would be our guy, he is absolutely destroying Republican polling and votes.
clinton was properly impeached for committing perjury, which in fact IS a crime. or do you think that perjury should not be prosecuted? clinton also lost his law license as well for that act.

what has trump done that warrants impeachment? and forget the emoluments clause as it does not apply unless you have REAL proof that foreign governments paid trump directly, and not through his businesses for services rendered.

Old 06-09-2017, 07:39 AM

5,227 posts, read 2,312,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
clinton was properly impeached for committing perjury, which in fact IS a crime. or do you think that perjury should not be prosecuted? clinton also lost his law license as well for that act.

what has trump done that warrants impeachment? and forget the emoluments clause as it does not apply unless you have REAL proof that foreign governments paid trump directly, and not through his businesses for services rendered.
If by now you choose to not have concept or understanding, there is not much that could nor should be discussed with you in such matter.

News if "Free".... if one choose to invest to engage it, and of the will to do the research to learn what is at stake and why.

But, your blind devotion is yours to covet....

Old 06-09-2017, 08:17 AM

13,119 posts, read 4,471,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
If by now you choose to not have concept or understanding, there is not much that could nor should be discussed with you in such matter.

News if "Free".... if one choose to invest to engage it, and of the will to do the research to learn what is at stake and why.

But, your blind devotion is yours to covet....
You really, really need to take your own advice here.

Old 06-09-2017, 08:18 AM

1,089 posts, read 477,308 times
Knowing and covering up Russian attacks on democracy is serious enough to impeach and forcefully remove of the president, no crime needs to be proven. Voluntary resignation is unlikely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or