Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2017, 05:08 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,962,522 times

Advertisements

I guess he needed an ego boost now that Comey's in attack mode.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...icle-1.3228743
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2017, 05:11 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,458,447 times
From the link ..
So he's getting slammed by the left now because he wants to upgrade this countries infrastructure ?
Ego boost ?

President Trump traveled to Ohio Wednesday to tout his $1 trillion infrastructure plan, telling a crowd of Cincinnati supporters that the U.S. "deserves the best infrastructure in the world."

Old 06-07-2017, 05:30 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
From the link ..
So he's getting slammed by the left now because he wants to upgrade this countries infrastructure ?
Ego boost ?

President Trump traveled to Ohio Wednesday to tout his $1 trillion infrastructure plan, telling a crowd of Cincinnati supporters that the U.S. "deserves the best infrastructure in the world."
I am 100% for improving the nation's infrastructure. I am not in favor of selling it to the highest bidder.

Depending upon the plan it could be good or not so good.

He doesn't need a rally to explain his infrastructure plans. He may need a rally, but not for that ...

Old 06-07-2017, 05:31 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
When the infrastructure plan involves toll booths....im not a fan. I know they are common back east, but I find them incredibly obnoxious.

Old 06-07-2017, 05:38 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,636,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I guess he needed an ego boost now that Comey's in attack mode.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...icle-1.3228743
Trump is trying to prop up his fading "strongly support " base. That number is getting lower and "strongly disapprove " has been rising.

Trump's hardcore supporters are less hardcore every month. it is in the mid to low twenties the last few weeks...which is not a great place to be. i think about twice as many people strongly disapprove of trump as approve of trump...

It is not bad enough to get the Republicans to do something about it, but that is good the longer it takes the deeper they dig the hole.

Old 06-07-2017, 05:45 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
When the infrastructure plan involves toll booths....im not a fan. I know they are common back east, but I find them incredibly obnoxious.
The city of Chicago sold the Chicago Skyway as a lease to a private concern. A few years later that company resold it for 1 billion dollars more than they paid. Chicago also sold control of public on street parking meter spaces for 75 years.

Ronald Reagan tried to sell the Hoover dam, an asset that returns money every year to the US treasury.

Bad deals.

Old 06-07-2017, 05:45 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,781,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
Trump is trying to prop up his fading "strongly support " base. That number is getting lower and "strongly disapprove " has been rising.

Trump's hardcore supporters are less hardcore every month. it is in the mid to low twenties the last few weeks...which is not a great place to be. i think about twice as many people strongly disapprove of trump as approve of trump...

It is not bad enough to get the Republicans to do something about it, but that is good the longer it takes the deeper they dig the hole.
I would love that, but I'm not too sure. While his 'strong support' numbers have fallen they have not fallen below 'support'. And the number, 'support', has stayed pretty flat. I think that 35% or so who voted for him are still there and if the election were held today would still vote for him unquestioningly.

Old 06-07-2017, 05:51 PM

4,488 posts, read 1,643,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Agreed! I'm from the West Coast, and we mostly only have bridge tolls in a few areas. States that have them everywhere in the east makes me wonder where that money is going because the roads don't seem any better than the ones we have here?

Old 06-07-2017, 05:53 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,636,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
I would love that, but I'm not too sure. While his 'strong support' numbers have fallen they have not fallen below 'support'. And the number, 'support', has stayed pretty flat. I think that 35% or so who voted for him are still there and if the election were held today would still vote for him unquestioningly.
TRumps strongly "approve" number is mid twenties not thirties .

even

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll - Rasmussen Reports™

agree and they skew higher than most. they have TRUMP at about 25-27% strongly support which is way way down from its high.

TRump is losing his core, sites like this which allow "crazy" and clearly has a bunch of paid/zealous posters might make you think he has a lot more support than he really does.

Old 06-07-2017, 05:59 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,781,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
TRumps strongly "approve" number is mid twenties not thirties .

even

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll - Rasmussen Reports™

agree and they skew higher than most. they have TRUMP at about 25-27% strongly support which is way way down from its high.

TRump is losing his core, sites like this which allow "crazy" and clearly has a bunch of paid/zealous posters might make you think he has a lot more support than he really does.
Sorry, I worded that weirdly. The 35% number is a combination of support and strongly support. I am not sure that when you add those together that his support has dropped off that much, although I would hope so.
I still think if we had the election today, even knowing what he know, he doesn't squeak by again and become President of the Electoral College.
(Copyright Vicente Fox)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies