Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2017, 07:38 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,934,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
You can demand all you want, it ain't happening. Now go start another Trump hater thread. I don't think you've reached your quota for the day.
I look at threads like this and I can't help but wonder what's going to happen when Trump wins a second term in 2020?

I think they're all just going to lose it. They're going to get out in the streets once again and demand free safe spaces.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2017, 07:42 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,811,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
I look at threads like this and I can't help but wonder what's going to happen when Trump wins a second term in 2020?
It's not going to happen unless there is a serious turnaround. Trump is still overwhelmingly popular with his base, but he's far less popular with independents than he was in 2016.

I will concede that there isn't anything to the Russia investigation. It's a distraction and it's time to move on. However, I will never support Trump and I don't believe he will be re-elected, if he even runs again.

One thing people don't bring up is the fact that Trump appears to not even like the job and he is also not a young pup.

Old 06-08-2017, 07:44 PM

37,963 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Word???

I nominate this thread for the most ignorant OP in months.

Old 06-08-2017, 07:50 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,275,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
It's not going to happen unless there is a serious turnaround.
Well, Clinton had a lower approval rating at the same point in his first term and won a second. We'll see.

Disclaimer: I'm not really that concerned either way, just saying.

Old 06-08-2017, 07:59 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,811,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
Well, Clinton had a lower approval rating at the same point in his first term and won a second. We'll see.

Disclaimer: I'm not really that concerned either way, just saying.
The situation was a little different. First, Clinton started out much more popular than Trump. Clinton's low approval rating in 1993 was largely from the attempt to allow LGBT people to serve openly in the military. That resulted in a huge pushback that resulted in the "Don't Ask Don't Tell" policy. Supporting LGBT rights in the early 1990s was very risky politically, for both parties. Hillarycare also played a part. Clinton's floundering early in his Presidency led to the GOP takeover of both houses of congress in 1994. Following the midterm elections, Clinton recovered nicely.

Old 06-08-2017, 08:06 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,275,960 times
Quote:
The situation was a little different. First, Clinton started out much more popular than Trump. Clinton's low approval rating in 1993 was largely from the attempt to allow LGBT people to serve openly in the military. That resulted in a huge pushback that resulted in the "Don't Ask Don't Tell" policy. Supporting LGBT rights in the early 1990s was very risky politically, for both parties. Hillarycare also played a part. Clinton's floundering early in his Presidency led to the GOP takeover of both houses of congress in 1994. Following the midterm elections, Clinton recovered nicely.
All true. And there may be ~50% of people who will hate everything about Trump no matter what happens, but a lot could happen in 1,000 days...

Personally I think the man should come out tomorrow morning (or whenever) and legalize cannabis across the land:

Trump should de-schedule cannabis

Old 06-08-2017, 09:24 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I nominate this thread for the most ignorant OP in months.
I haven't seen *word* used since the early 2000's when I got lost online and ended up in a maze of the most pompous, smug, *word* loving posters I've ever seen, on a site called Television Without Pity.

Just spending a bit of time reading through the posts of both members and moderators was retch-worthy.

Old 06-08-2017, 09:37 PM

78,398 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Yeah, he recovered by becoming a Republican.

Repeal banking stuff, Union killing NAFTA stuff....Bill Clinton (R) was a great DINO president.

Hillary is cut from the same cloth. She is a smooth, practiced and consistent liar as opposed to the current buffoon that is not used to it (yet). As such, she is a better choice since she can keep her lies straight like taking record oil profits lol.

Anyone but HIllary or Trump in 2020 please.

Old 06-08-2017, 09:39 PM

78,398 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
You've been demanding it since before he took office lmfao.

P.S. A van down by the river and McDonalds wifi is not "small home".

Old 06-08-2017, 09:48 PM

10,451 posts, read 4,038,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Oh, yeah, Pedro, it is so bad that the GOP can't come up with anything better to replace it ! Now, they are talking about fixing it instead of repeal and replace.

You really have to hate those programs that gave 21 million people healthcare, don't you ? I know, you got yours , so screw everyone else.
It's just a matter of time before this plan implodes on itself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies