Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2017, 06:26 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
I guess those of us that read the NYTs and Wapo don't have that great vault of knowledge that you ostensibly possess in getting your news from such paragons of trustworthiness as, Rush, InfoWars, Breitbart, fake news sites and Russian-backed web sites. Poor us!
Did you believe Hillary Clinton would win the election?

I rest my case.

(Self Delusion by definition can't be detected.)

Old 06-08-2017, 06:28 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,357,575 times
How do we know that Putin didn't hack CNN on June 7th?

I'm really disappointed in you. Putin hacks everything, don't ya know?

Old 06-08-2017, 06:29 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,398,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Did you believe Hillary Clinton would win the election?

I rest my case.

(Self Delusion by definition can't be detected.)
The irony of your response is that it is exactly the type of response I would expect from a conservative fake news site!

You ask a rhetorical question and answer it.

Both of which are blatantly false.

Old 06-08-2017, 06:39 AM

4,765 posts, read 3,731,637 times
If you are not capable of discerning the difference between media outlets, that rush to be the first to "break" news, sometimes getting it wrong and those who push false stories with no deadline and NEVER admit their mistakes, then you might be the definition of a "deplorable".

I'd give Fox News or Breitbart or Trump credit if they made an honest mistake while going about their daily grind and , when they realized their mistake, made a forthright effort to set the record straight.

The same courtesy should be extended to anyone.

Mis-characterizing such a thing would make someone disreputable in my estimation. Using such an honest mistake to discredit ANYONE, would be a sign of personal dishonesty.

"Fake news" is not when an honest mistake is made and a correction issued. It is when a deliberate attempt to deceive is made and no attempt to set the record straight is issued.

Old 06-08-2017, 06:41 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
The irony of your response is that it is exactly the type of response I would expect from a conservative fake news site!

You ask a rhetorical question and answer it.

Both of which are blatantly false.
It's not rhetorical. You either believed Hillary would win or not.

Old 06-08-2017, 06:43 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
My God CNN what happened to you??
Yes, what happened? What kind of news station admits being wrong, correcting the error, and apologizing?

This is unheard of in US media

Maybe I should start watching them.

Old 06-08-2017, 06:44 AM

4,765 posts, read 3,731,637 times
A great example of dishonesty would be trying to insist that polls are purposely wrong, when anyone knows that polls are guesstimations and subject to various inaccuracies. And pretending that different polls don't produce varying results based on methodology and practice.

Why anyone would believe anything without absolute proof is beyond me. Polls are notoriously uncertain tools that merely test the water.

Old 06-08-2017, 07:13 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,154,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, what happened? What kind of news station admits being wrong, correcting the error, and apologizing?

This is unheard of in US media

Maybe I should start watching them.
CNN should be apologizing every 5 minutes for inventing, speculating and creating out of the air their fake news.A bunch of clowns on CNN. CLOWN NEWS NETWORK.

Old 06-08-2017, 07:24 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,647,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker281 View Post
If you are not capable of discerning the difference between media outlets, that rush to be the first to "break" news, sometimes getting it wrong and those who push false stories with no deadline and NEVER admit their mistakes, then you might be the definition of a "deplorable".

I'd give Fox News or Breitbart or Trump credit if they made an honest mistake while going about their daily grind and , when they realized their mistake, made a forthright effort to set the record straight.

The same courtesy should be extended to anyone.

Mis-characterizing such a thing would make someone disreputable in my estimation. Using such an honest mistake to discredit ANYONE, would be a sign of personal dishonesty.

"Fake news" is not when an honest mistake is made and a correction issued. It is when a deliberate attempt to deceive is made and no attempt to set the record straight is issued.
Nah. CNN messed up twice...THIS WEEK!

Once was when they screwed up that "Muslim protest" and got caught staging it. And now this.

This is the same network that yelled at an ex-Navy SEAL a few weeks ago for him calling out CNN's "sources".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67zEy_hgRPw

The level of rage and insults to this SEAL for not having proper sources...and well (look at this topic a mere few weeks later).

Don't publish heresay and BS, publish verified facts. That's how journalism works.

Old 06-08-2017, 07:39 AM

348 posts, read 255,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
Nah. CNN messed up twice...THIS WEEK!

Once was when they screwed up that "Muslim protest" and got caught staging it. And now this.

This is the same network that yelled at an ex-Navy SEAL a few weeks ago for him calling out CNN's "sources".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67zEy_hgRPw

The level of rage and insults to this SEAL for not having proper sources...and well (look at this topic a mere few weeks later).

Don't publish heresay and BS, publish verified facts. That's how journalism works.

Ohhhh Stellar reporters of CNN
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies