Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2017, 07:42 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,782,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleinie View Post
This is the kind of crap you get with lots of muslims:

Muslim women not used to drinking walk free after attack on woman - Telegraph

Once again, can you understand that supporting freedom of religion does not mean support for one particular religion? Just like if I support freedom of speech does not mean that I support the Ku Klux Klan. Supporting freedom can be challenging, because you have to support freedom for groups which you may not necessarily like. But if you take away the freedom for those groups, you've taken away freedom, period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2017, 06:25 PM

8,452 posts, read 4,724,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
You hear a lot about the rapes but what you don't hear a lot about is that a lot of European women are having consensual sex with the refugees. Part of women's tolerance for Islam is a short sighted desire to appear tolerant, part is a desire to continue to erode the influence of Christianity and "white male patriarchy" on western culture but another part of it really is a sexual desire for the refugees on the part of western women due to the successful emasculation of their own men.(Swedish men sit down to pee! What woman respects a man like that?) We've all seen the picture of the young German teenage girls with the "Welcome Refugees" sign and the lustful look in their eyes. They are showing us their motivations even if they are not telling us of them.

Europe is literally being cuckolded. lol
Case in point:

Jilted boyfriend 'dumped by text for London Bridge jihadi' | Daily Mail Online

Old 06-09-2017, 09:16 PM

88,253 posts, read 84,190,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I'm all for freedom of religion but I see Islam (and some other Jewish & Christian sects) as oppressive to women.

We should keep our government and our mainstream culture secular; we should not let oppressive religious ideas color how we allow ourselves to be governed. Period.

Not all Islam is oppressive to women, you know that, right? The owner of the company I work for is a Muslim woman, an engineer with a Masters and 25 years' experience. She is fasting right now, but she does not cover her head, and she wears suits with pants to the office. There are many such well-educated, moderate Muslim women in business. Some cover their hair, some do not.

What is oppressive are the cultures that use Islam to justify the oppression.

Your second paragraph is right on the money. Religion in government is harmful to both. History, anyone? Keep it separate.

Old 06-09-2017, 09:44 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,179,618 times
I don't support Islam or any other religion. I recently went to an old friend's wedding at a Christian church. I listened to her vow to obey her husband and listened to the pastor go on and on about how men are second to god and women are beneath them and must always defer their husbands. I found it nauseating but smiled an congratulated her because it's her life and choice. I find many muslim attitudes towards women appalling but I believe in our constitution and the freedom of religion it grants to everyone.

As long as people keep their relgion out of our laws and government, I will always defend their right to believe in whatever idioic ideas they chose. What other people chose to believe is none of my business.

Old 06-09-2017, 09:57 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,723,596 times
Quote:
Women/Feminists are huge supporters/defenders of Islam. But why?
If anything they should be fervently against it at all levels. Yet instead they love to go after cisgendered straight western men and talk about all the "evils" they do. Yet for women whatever "evils" they complain the aforementioned do would be a million times worse under Islamic control. I really doubt these women would enjoy being a part of a harem or brutally gang-raped multiple times by men that couldn't care less how they feel about it and a governing body that fully supports it. Yet that is exactly what they are asking for by accepting Islam in any way shape or form.
Feminism is essentially about fighting the "patriarchy". It's a struggle against Western men and the world they have created. That is its only real purpose. So Muslims can be supported or adopted as allies in that struggle.

Old 06-09-2017, 09:59 PM

143 posts, read 98,125 times
Quote:
Women/Feminists are huge supporters/defenders of Islam. But why? If anything they should be fervently against it at all levels. Yet instead they love to go after cisgendered straight western men and talk about all the "evils" they do. Yet for women whatever "evils" they complain the aforementioned do would be a million times worse under Islamic control. I really doubt these women would enjoy being a part of a harem or brutally gang-raped multiple times by men that couldn't care less how they feel about it and a governing body that fully supports it. Yet that is exactly what they are asking for by accepting Islam in any way shape or form.

As a mother with a daughter I vehemently despise everything Islam is, I despise the pedophilic man that created it, those that followed him, and those that follow it, promote it and defend it. I really think any woman that does defend it should be forced to spend a few months living in Saudi Arabia and see just what it would be like if a European Islamic Caliphate were to ever come to pass. In America we get made fun of for having gun-toting rednecks but seeing what is happening in Europe makes me glad we have them.
Women want the alpha male, it's really as simple as that.

And compared to the average effeminate, metrosexual looking, skinny-fat, skinny-jeans wearing American beta male those bearded, "dangerous", ragged, dirty, dont-take-any-crap masculine alpha male ISIS guys look very appealing to women on a very primitive/animal level. That explains the paradox of feminists/womens lib types turning a blind eye to all things Islam, and young Western women getting arrested at major airports on their way to "join" or marry their ISIS boyfriends. And women actually love being in harems and being treated like crap, that is well documented.

By the way, this is the same reason so many women voted for "misogynist" Trump despite all his questionable remarks/comments regarding women and the "pussygate" incident Trump is an alpha male, and women automatically flock/defer to the alpha male, and even Hillary (a fellow woman) was unable to "compete" with this biological phenomenon. It's as predictable as the sun rising, and will never change.

Alpha male trumps everything, including the female hive-mind effect (ex: Hillary). You are right to be "confused" by feminists being supporters of Islam, which is ironically a very anti-woman ideology, but it actually does make sense when you factor in biology/nature.

Last edited by UbbyJuice; 06-09-2017 at 10:10 PM..

Old 06-09-2017, 10:01 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,413,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker281 View Post
Up until 75 years ago women in the USA were not permitted to vote, yet there are female conservatives. It sure was not "liberals" who came up with that concept. . There are gay conservatives, there are Republican person's of color (if they only knew what their compadres say when THEY leave the room).

Many big questions!
Lol...and you think it's different among liberals/democrats.

Old 06-09-2017, 10:08 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,179,618 times
Quote:
Women/Feminists are huge supporters/defenders of Islam. But why? If anything they should be fervently against it at all levels. Yet instead they love to go after cisgendered straight western men and talk about all the "evils" they do. Yet for women whatever "evils" they complain the aforementioned do would be a million times worse under Islamic control. I really doubt these women would enjoy being a part of a harem or brutally gang-raped multiple times by men that couldn't care less how they feel about it and a governing body that fully supports it. Yet that is exactly what they are asking for by accepting Islam in any way shape or form.

As a mother with a daughter I vehemently despise everything Islam is, I despise the pedophilic man that created it, those that followed him, and those that follow it, promote it and defend it. I really think any woman that does defend it should be forced to spend a few months living in Saudi Arabia and see just what it would be like if a European Islamic Caliphate were to ever come to pass. In America we get made fun of for having gun-toting rednecks but seeing what is happening in Europe makes me glad we have them.
Defending everyone's constitutional right to freedom of religion does not equate to agreeing with the tenets of that religion.

Do you believe the practice of Islam should be outlawed?

Old 06-09-2017, 10:21 PM

21,406 posts, read 10,485,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
Because Islamic men are masculine and western men are becoming more feminized with each passing generation.
Being masculine doesn't mean you have to treat women like property. That's not masculine, that's slavery.

Old 06-09-2017, 10:28 PM

21,406 posts, read 10,485,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
I don't support Islam or any other religion. I recently went to an old friend's wedding at a Christian church. I listened to her vow to obey her husband and listened to the pastor go on and on about how men are second to god and women are beneath them and must always defer their husbands. I found it nauseating but smiled an congratulated her because it's her life and choice. I find many muslim attitudes towards women appalling but I believe in our constitution and the freedom of religion it grants to everyone.

As long as people keep their relgion out of our laws and government, I will always defend their right to believe in whatever idioic ideas they chose. What other people chose to believe is none of my business.
What kind of church do they attend? All the wedding vows I have heard have both parties pledging the same thing, and none of them still have the pledge to obey. They ditched that a long time ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies