Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2017, 04:50 AM

3,997 posts, read 4,141,865 times

Advertisements

"On Tuesday, the behemoth announced a 45% discount to its Prime membership for those on food stamps. Anyone who has an electronic benefit transfer (EBT) card can join Amazon Prime for $5.99 per month rather than $10.99. "

I hate Wal-mart... everyone knows that. But Wal-mart doesn't charge me more for an item just because it can. When Amazon starts mean testing (which is what this is) it's time to leave Amazon. You want to give away profit (which is something you don't show on your balance sheet anyway Amazon) donate food and items on your dime to those who need it. I find that highly commendable. But don't make me subsidize someone else's streaming video, fidget spinners, and literature (Amazon's three most sold items!). This really irritates me this morning.....

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/amazo...215757568.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2017, 05:11 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,736,758 times
I totally agree. If they want to lower the fees on food stamp items that's fine with me but the other items are not something that someone on government assistance needs to buy and if they want to buy then they are free to do so, from their own money.

However, if hey have money for luxury items then we can cut their assistance.

I have seen people on TV during for very expensive items and not paying a dime in rent as they are on section 8 but have sleep number bed, brand name purses and expensive jewelry they sue for.

Old 06-08-2017, 07:21 AM

7,480 posts, read 6,257,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
"On Tuesday, the behemoth announced a 45% discount to its Prime membership for those on food stamps. Anyone who has an electronic benefit transfer (EBT) card can join Amazon Prime for $5.99 per month rather than $10.99. "

I hate Wal-mart... everyone knows that. But Wal-mart doesn't charge me more for an item just because it can. When Amazon starts mean testing (which is what this is) it's time to leave Amazon. You want to give away profit (which is something you don't show on your balance sheet anyway Amazon) donate food and items on your dime to those who need it. I find that highly commendable. But don't make me subsidize someone else's streaming video, fidget spinners, and literature (Amazon's three most sold items!). This really irritates me this morning.....

Welcome aboard the Walmart train. Better prices, easier return policy.

Old 06-08-2017, 07:33 AM

36,519 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post

Thank you for the heads up. I just cancelled my membership. IDK this just seems like another slap in the face to the people who work for a living.

Old 06-08-2017, 07:35 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,588,035 times
We had a membership with Amazon... not anymore!

Old 06-08-2017, 07:39 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,648,053 times
always thought it was dumb as hell to have a membership to an online retailer.

Jet.com
Walmart
Target
Ebay

hell, I used to go on Amazon if the price was right but since they are shady about tricking people to sign up for Prime I stopped messing with them.

Old 06-08-2017, 07:41 AM

6,131 posts, read 7,985,515 times
You're upset because they offer a discount to some other group of people but not to you. Got it.

Talk about snowflakes. SMH.

Old 06-08-2017, 07:41 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,648,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I totally agree. If they want to lower the fees on food stamp items that's fine with me but the other items are not something that someone on government assistance needs to buy and if they want to buy then they are free to do so, from their own money.

However, if hey have money for luxury items then we can cut their assistance.

I have seen people on TV during for very expensive items and not paying a dime in rent as they are on section 8 but have sleep number bed, brand name purses and expensive jewelry they sue for.
this is no different than a cell phone or cable companies having lower prices for new customers.

Amazon is just trying to increase revenue streams.

Old 06-08-2017, 07:47 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
this is no different than a cell phone or cable companies having lower prices for new customers.

Amazon is just trying to increase revenue streams.
..and edge in on some of the walmart crowd.

Old 06-08-2017, 07:48 AM

17,342 posts, read 11,274,075 times
Amazon has tons of things that Walmart doesn't and many, many more choices when it comes to brands and prices. I'll keep Amazon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies