U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2017, 04:22 PM

3,988 posts, read 1,659,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
So, does that mean you opposed Obama's ACA that made it law we must pay those companies thousands a year?
I know you are trolling and being facetious, but I'll play along, the ACA eliminated those issue silly. Also, ACA while far from perfect at least was a step in right direction. But somehow it's lost on the GOP and the lemmings who vote for them who aren't among the 1% that the answer to having a car that needs some work done isn't to burn the car down and then push it off a cliff....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2017, 04:23 PM

12,241 posts, read 8,018,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Not good for me.

I want no part of it.
I love how you always comment as if you don't live in this society.

Old 06-12-2017, 04:24 PM

Quote:
And, once again, it's big government that makes the laws preventing a technician from doing such.
well here's the thing, I like big government when its doing things like making sure qualified people look at my eyes, check whats in my food, inject me with drugs and drill into my mouth...

I guess you'll just let anyone who hangs a shingle and gives it a go take a whack- so I say good luck to you in that....

Old 06-12-2017, 04:38 PM

10,808 posts, read 9,240,826 times
I will point out that many (most) states did not pass gay marriage. They had it forced on them by a misguided court. There's no legal basis for the courts to force single payer health care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartGotts View Post
Prior to gay marriage being the law of the land there were just a handful of states where it was legal.
Being from Massachusetts it was old news. The sky didn't fall and no one forced it upon our children.

Single payer healthcare is really the best thing for the American public. We all know what we have now isn't sustainable.
More and more companies are NOT offering an affordable insurance option. So, ALL taxpayers are footing the bill for $10/hour walmart workers having babies and local hospitals.

Eventually some state in the union will come up with a plan... the rest will follow and, just like gay marriage, we'll wonder what took so long.

Old 06-12-2017, 04:53 PM

29,015 posts, read 15,275,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
well here's the thing, I like big government when its doing things like making sure qualified people look at my eyes, check whats in my food, inject me with drugs and drill into my mouth...

I guess you'll just let anyone who hangs a shingle and gives it a go take a whack- so I say good luck to you in that....
When was the last time you went to an eye doctor for a prescription?

I went about two months ago. The technician used four machines on me, and then said my prescription hadn't changed. The eye doctor then came in and had me do the better or worse lens flipper to confirm. When it's better or worse, how is the optomitrist going to know if my better or worse answers are truthful or not.

Honestly, the only thing the optometrist does is looks at the picture take with one of those machines to see if I have anything weird going on inside my eye. I'm fine with those photos being emailed to a person who just looks them over and notify me if I need a second look.

If you want someone with a ton of training doing everything, that's something you pay for. Go for it if you'd like.

Old 06-12-2017, 04:57 PM

Quote:
When was the last time you went to an eye doctor for a prescription?

I went about two months ago. The technician used four machines on me, and then said my prescription hadn't changed. The eye doctor then came in and had me do the better or worse lens flipper to confirm. When it's better or worse, how is the optomitrist going to know if my better or worse answers are truthful or not.

Honestly, the only thing the optometrist does is looks at the picture take with one of those machines to see if I have anything weird going on inside my eye. I'm fine with those photos being emailed to a person who just looks them over and notify me if I need a second look.

If you want someone with a ton of training doing everything, that's something you pay for. Go for it if you'd like.
ok- you go to your Dr and I'll go to mine where other than a cursory vitals check, cleaning, or Xray the DR does everything. Good luck with yours....

Old 06-12-2017, 05:02 PM

Quote:
ok- you go to your Dr and I'll go to mine where other than a cursory vitals check, cleaning, or Xray the DR does everything. Good luck with yours....
Why can't I have the CHOICE of going to a technician for the some of the things I want done? How does that stop you from researching to find the top dentist in the country to have your teeth cleaned?

Old 06-12-2017, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Why can't I have the CHOICE of going to a technician for the some of the things I want done? How does that stop you from researching to find the top dentist in the country to have your teeth cleaned?
go for it, however it's a silly thing to argue in favor of to be honest...but by all means I'm sure you can fly to some backwards nation where a guy with a pick and some booze hangs a shingle...you'll save a bundle...
my god the GOP actually has you arguing in favor of having medical services performed by unlicensed/under qualified techs now. They really are masters...

Old 06-12-2017, 05:10 PM

Quote:
go for it, however it's a silly thing to argue in favor of to be honest...but by all means I'm sure you can fly to some backwards nation where a guy with a pick and some booze hangs a shingle...you'll save a bundle...
my god the GOP actually has you arguing in favor of having medical services performed by unlicensed/under qualified techs now. They really are masters...
What backwards a$s state do you live in where these technicians aren't licensed?

In Texas, peoplle like dental hygienists and optometrist assistants are licensed.

Old 06-12-2017, 05:12 PM

Quote:
What backwards a$s state do you live in where these technicians aren't licensed?

In Texas, peoplle like dental hygienists and optometrist assistants are licensed.
to perform the same procedures as doctors?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or