Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2017, 05:23 AM

8,059 posts, read 3,944,421 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
The Republicans have the House and Senate. WHY in heaven's name don't they go on the offensive and launch an investigation into the Clinton-Lynch-Comey COLLUSION.

Gingrich posed the same question just now.
The Republicans don't want to muddy the water... they are leaving the investigation of the Obama administration solely in the hands of Special Counsel Mueller.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2017, 05:47 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,694,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
The Republicans don't want to muddy the water... they are leaving the investigation of the Obama administration solely in the hands of Special Counsel Mueller.
That's a huge mistake.

Mueller is a close friend of Comey's -- sometimes referred to as his 'best friend'...

It is even suggested that Comey knew in advance that it would be Mueller who would be the appointment that he (Comey) maneuvered for when he made his leak to the press. And the left media no less. He says he wanted the information out to the public but he made sure it went via a leftist channel. He could have arranged to have it released to the conservative press at the same time. He chose not to.

The whole things smells.

Old 06-14-2017, 06:28 AM

8,059 posts, read 3,944,421 times
Quote:
That's a huge mistake.

Mueller is a close friend of Comey's -- sometimes referred to as his 'best friend'...

It is even suggested that Comey knew in advance that it would be Mueller who would be the appointment that he (Comey) maneuvered for when he made his leak to the press. And the left media no less. He says he wanted the information out to the public but he made sure it went via a leftist channel. He could have arranged to have it released to the conservative press at the same time. He chose not to.

The whole things smells.
Comey has more bad blood with Lynch and Co. than with Trump... time will tell.

Old 06-14-2017, 06:33 AM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
So the former FBI Director openly called the POTUS a lying MF. No one disputes this.

POTUS called the FBI Director a cowardly liar. No one outside of those who have taken the pledge of being "honored, privileged, and blessed to serve Trump's agenda" believes this, or really, much of anything Trump says.

(Aside: At first, I thought the cabinet pledge of allegiance video was an SNL skit. I don't know how comics are going to top this that gathering for sheer ridiculousness. How do you exaggerate something already outrageously absurd?)

As noted constantly, Republicans own two of three branches of government. They can certainly open an investigation into what went on between Comey, Lynch, and Clinton some time ago. I totally support this. Have they resolved that birth certificate business to everyone's satisfaction? If not, need to take a close look at that. What about that solar plant business that everyone was up in arms about years ago? Was that fully investigated?

Meanwhile, back in the backrooms, Republicans are scurrying around getting rid of burdensome laws like financial advisors being required to work in their clients' best interests and corporations being required to reveal bribes. Republicans are gutting environmental regulations and Dodd-Frank, while making it legal to sell our browsing histories. Though no one will fess up, rumor has it they are working up another version of Trumpcare and a tax reform bill, both of which will, oddly enough, involve tax breaks for the rich. What a coincidence, eh?

I am fine with Republicans taking time off from their Robber Baron pursuits to investigate minor matters of long ago. I encourage folks to call, email, FB post, tweet their Republican officials and strongly encourage them to get busy with this.

But I wouldn't get my hopes up. Republicans can barely be distracted long enough to look into the Kremlin interfering in our elections, let alone whether the former FBI Director is slandering the good name of our President or vice versa.

Old 06-14-2017, 10:28 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ValeBV View Post
OK, so now we are going to blame Obama for everything, just like the Obama fans used to blame Bush?

Get credible!
What could be more credible? We know the collusion between Hillary, Obama, and Lynch existed. Comey revealed it.

Old 06-14-2017, 10:33 AM

Default Russia, Russia, Russia!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
So the former FBI Director openly called the POTUS a lying MF. No one disputes this.

POTUS called the FBI Director a cowardly liar. No one outside of those who have taken the pledge of being "honored, privileged, and blessed to serve Trump's agenda" believes this, or really, much of anything Trump says.

(Aside: At first, I thought the cabinet pledge of allegiance video was an SNL skit. I don't know how comics are going to top this that gathering for sheer ridiculousness. How do you exaggerate something already outrageously absurd?)

As noted constantly, Republicans own two of three branches of government. They can certainly open an investigation into what went on between Comey, Lynch, and Clinton some time ago. I totally support this. Have they resolved that birth certificate business to everyone's satisfaction? If not, need to take a close look at that. What about that solar plant business that everyone was up in arms about years ago? Was that fully investigated?

Meanwhile, back in the backrooms, Republicans are scurrying around getting rid of burdensome laws like financial advisors being required to work in their clients' best interests and corporations being required to reveal bribes. Republicans are gutting environmental regulations and Dodd-Frank, while making it legal to sell our browsing histories. Though no one will fess up, rumor has it they are working up another version of Trumpcare and a tax reform bill, both of which will, oddly enough, involve tax breaks for the rich. What a coincidence, eh?

I am fine with Republicans taking time off from their Robber Baron pursuits to investigate minor matters of long ago. I encourage folks to call, email, FB post, tweet their Republican officials and strongly encourage them to get busy with this.

But I wouldn't get my hopes up. Republicans can barely be distracted long enough to look into the Kremlin interfering in our elections, let alone whether the former FBI Director is slandering the good name of our President or vice versa.
Get real, OFA member.

I'll believe Trump before Comey or any Democrat operatives who are at work trying to pull off a coup d'Ă©tat. Trump has far more credibility than any Democrat mouthpiece currently spewing their garbage all over the place.

And now they are turning to more violence!

Old 06-14-2017, 10:42 AM

Quote:
That's a huge mistake.

The whole things smells.
There is collusion here on the part of the Democrats. Mueller should have refused the position on the basis of his relationship with Comey. His appointment and acceptance is in violation of law, which states that no one may be appointed as Special Counsel if they have close ties with any key witness.

This not only smells, but it is making the Democrats look worse, and frankly, that's fine with me.

Old 06-14-2017, 12:00 PM

105 posts, read 53,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
There is collusion here on the part of the Democrats. Mueller should have refused the position on the basis of his relationship with Comey. His appointment and acceptance is in violation of law, which states that no one may be appointed as Special Counsel if they have close ties with any key witness.

This not only smells, but it is making the Democrats look worse, and frankly, that's fine with me.
The Democrats? Who controls the White House, DOJ, House and Senate? Get real.

Old 06-14-2017, 12:16 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,347,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ValeBV View Post
The Democrats? Who controls the White House, DOJ, House and Senate? Get real.
Yup - Is it not weird. The Republicans appoint a hard core Republican ex FBI Director who used to work with another hard core Republican ex FBI Director and it is all the fault of the Democrats.

You got to love this ability to distort reality completely askew.

Old 06-14-2017, 12:25 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post

If it 'smelled' the GOP would be putting up a massive stink. They all have total respect for Mueller. The alt-right snowflakes are the only ones squawking.

"...Mueller, himself a former FBI director, has built a sterling reputation in Washington as a serious, straight-shooting investigator who works above the political fray. Indeed, before he was tapped as the special counsel in the Russia probe, Mueller was reportedly on Trump’s shortlist to replace Comey atop the FBI..."

Top Republicans Still Have Confidence In Mueller | The Daily Caller
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies