U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2017, 12:16 AM

3,521 posts, read 2,227,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
NYT carried quotes from the dinner memo on May 11th.
Right, based on interviews with Comey’s associates. Comey had told the associates about the dinner.

Fact-checking President Trump

This information was not from them reading Comey's memos, Comey told these people about the dinner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2017, 12:35 AM

14,469 posts, read 22,321,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Donald Trump is a thug
Good.

The DNC and the FBI are criminals.

The Libs have been waltzing around acting like the world has accepted their false narrative that the Russians hacked their DNC servers and this should be accepted fact.

Well it's not. In fact, it's a hoax.

Here's proof of that and it implicates the DNC moreso than the FBI. The FBI requested to examine the DNC servers and the DNC would not allow them to do this.

Sources? There are none.

Why?

Your Main Stream Media covers it up, metes out pieces of information with which to feed you. Why you don't question this is the difference between you and me.

If you want to pish off a Con, lie to them. If you want to pish off a Lib, tell them the truth.

This is why I get +reps from my bros and sistas in here. We feed off the nibbles of truth we find in here. Believe you me, it ain't much. Many words, very little content.

Old 06-10-2017, 01:38 AM

6,048 posts, read 3,850,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Trump is saying that he will testify under oath before a congressional committee. This is good news, as I don't think he's capable of stringing two sentences together, without a lie connecting them. If he perjures himself, they will nail him to the wall.

Steve Bannon won't be allowed to sit behind him, feeding him things to say. He'll be all on his own and every word will be scrutinized. He obviously has no idea of what he's committed himself to do. The best defense his followers could raise, would be that he doesn't know what truth is, so must be excused from sticking to it.
He might think that he can show up, give a speech, call it testifying and then leave. That won't fly.

He won't testify. The cross exam (equivalent) would destroy him. And his staff knows that.

Old 06-10-2017, 01:48 AM

5,333 posts, read 2,709,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
LOL, he did no such thing, but I am sure you are hoping for it to come about. But hey, I am cool if the investigations bring down both Hillary and Trump I will be more than happy.
Agreed. I don't want Hillary running in 2020.

Old 06-10-2017, 03:57 AM

30,194 posts, read 16,538,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
In fact I make it quite clear no crime is required to impeach a President...which is the truth.
"The President , Vice President, and all Civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from office on impeachment for, and conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors." — U.S. Constitution, Article II Section 4

Nowhere in the Constitution does it say a President may be impeached without a crime having been committed.

Old 06-10-2017, 04:11 AM

30,194 posts, read 16,538,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Trump was not charged with anything and therefore it is difficult to see how he can be vindicated. The obvious attempt to co-opt a major department head could easily be basis for impeachment. But the only ones who can possibly impeach Trump are the Republicans who appear to have no interest in doing so.

So Trump has been clearly identified as a liar and a person quite capable of corrupting the system. None of which damages anything other than perhaps Trump reputation.

All going toward a Republican disaster in 2018.
There have been no formal charges against President Trump, but charges have certainly been made by the Left: 1) Collusion with the Russians 2) Obstruction of justice. Just to name two.

No evidence has yet been found of either, and he has certainly been vindicated from the charge of "obstruction of justice."

The "system" has already been corrupted by former President Obama. It could hardly be more corrupt, and if the evidence must be pointed out to you, you have clearly not been paying much attention to current events until now, and now only because of your hatred for Donald Trump.

"Draining the swamp" includes cleaning out the politicized Justice Department, the FBI (with the firing of James Comey, an entrenched bureaucrat) and all other government agencies.

Old 06-10-2017, 04:50 AM

36,413 posts, read 15,928,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
It's amazing that people can believe this. Comey did nothing to help Clinton during the campaign. If anything his very public investigation hurt her. So did publicly reopening it right before the election. I believe Trump would have won regardless, but there's a short term memory issue for anyone who thinks he helped her campaign. In fact, when one official attempted to have him avoid using the word "investigation" to soften the appearance of what was happening, he didn't. And that official ended up recusing herself from the investigation because she was too close to the Clinton campaign. But if Comey was anything to Clinton, he was clearly damaging.
"And that official ended up recusing herself from the investigation"

To be clear, Lynch NEVER OFFICIALLY recused herself.

Old 06-10-2017, 04:54 AM

36,413 posts, read 15,928,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
The issue comes into play in a later post.

Comey was at first said to be fired for the Hillary issue. This was by Trump's press team, surrogates like Kelly Ann Conway and TV supporters. This was fine. Then Trump has to talk about it rather than just leaving it at that and said it was over the Russia investigation. At this point it becomes borderline criminal.
"At this point it becomes borderline criminal."

WOW!

Some of you get wackier and wackier every day.

Even Comey's admits, "I serve at the pleasure of the President and can be fired for NO REASON AT ALL".

Old 06-10-2017, 05:22 AM

37,768 posts, read 14,669,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
The investigation is that Russian tried to interfere with the election. The 17 intelligence agencies confirmed this and multiple Republicans have also confirmed this.
Investigation has expanded to include whether Trump campaign coordinated with this Russian attack on our elections.

The investigation started with Flynn, Manafort, Page, Stone, ... and hasn't, as far as we know, reached Trump.

It's like investigating drug trafficking, you start with those committing the actual crimes and work up to the guy running the operation, not the other way around.

Old 06-10-2017, 05:41 AM

37,768 posts, read 14,669,744 times
By repeatedly insisting he's been vindicated, Trump and his minions have confirmed that the investigation did not start out about him. So many matters are in contention that it is good to have this settled.

Just to be clear:

Trump was NOT the focus of this investigation.

His staff chatting with spies put the campaign on the FBI/NSA/... radar.

Mueller is assembling a Cracker Jack team of prosecutors. I suspect they will get to the bottom of whether Trump bumbled along, clueless to what was going on. Or what.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies