U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2017, 11:32 AM

16,268 posts, read 9,088,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
The Trumpees on here are, of course , going to try to spin this thing as "nothing", but it is a huge deal. We knew Comey was not going to come out and say "Trump asked me to stop the investigation, he came right out and said it !" That is not Jim Comey's style. He has class, integrity, and is very smart.

Every answer he gave was right from the heart and from his memory, as it happened. His testimony was not designed to drive a stake into the heart of Donald Trump, just to provide one piece of the puzzle in what really went on.

No need for you Trumpees to start cheering yet, we are not even into the first quarter here. We'll see how you feel in the post game interviews.
you do realize that if Trump had tried to obstruct justice, then Comey would be guilty of a felony for not reporting it right?

you do realize that if Trump had tried to obstruct justice, Comey would be guilty of a felony for perjury because on 5/3 after his conversations with Trump, Comey testified before congress stating that he had never heard of a president trying to shut down an investigation....

this is a nothing burger because if there was a there there and if Comey is a saint like you say, he would have said so on May3...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2017, 11:33 AM

4,285 posts, read 1,396,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
EVERY COUNTRY does this. Will Barack be indicted for interfering with the elections in the UK and Israel?
This is important. For every complaint the progressives make, Obama was a more blatant and direct offender, yet.. what did we hear of him?

Old 06-08-2017, 11:33 AM

4,569 posts, read 1,201,063 times
I like Lankford very much and he is intelligent and to the point.

Old 06-08-2017, 11:34 AM

4,790 posts, read 2,556,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
No. I take that as a sign that he was never fit to be head of the FBI in the first place.
Odd, that's quite a different opinion when Clinton was in the crosshairs

Old 06-08-2017, 11:36 AM

5,620 posts, read 7,422,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
I refuse to contribute to their ratings.

What is their response in a nutshell?
Where to even start? I'm not watching continuously as I'm working from home, but it looks like Col. Sanders Blitzer is whining about how anyone cannot be concerned about Russia interference.

9,738 posts, read 8,040,224 times
Comey "obstructed justice" when he leaked his memo to encourage the appointment of a special prosecutor to get it out of the hands of the FBI or Congress.

5,012 posts, read 5,906,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
Odd, that's quite a different opinion when Clinton was in the crosshairs
His flip flopping in that investigation was when I first noticed he was not a credible person to head the FBI.

His comments today about being a self admitted "weakling" and "coward" confirm my thoughts.

Old 06-08-2017, 11:39 AM

727 posts, read 282,696 times
I was hoping to see American loyalists asking Comey questions. Instead I saw all but a few were party loyalists.

Too many Republicans were trying to lead their inquiry in the direction if Clinton wasn't charged with any wrongdoings, neither should Trump. Of course they failed to mention one investigation had concluded while the other is ongoing. Maybe they should have said, "I hope you can let this go."

When one guy tried to downplay Trump's quote and said Trump never directly told Comey to stop the investigation, I was hoping Comey would give an analogy something like the mob guy who shaking someone down and says, "I hope we have come to an agreement."

Old 06-08-2017, 11:39 AM

9,898 posts, read 3,256,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Good luck with that.
good luck with what Pedro? Please tell me ? Intent is always the key, i know that upsets you, i know it makes you angry, but there is nothing you can ever do about it. The law is extremely clear here and has been for hundreds of years.

Why do you think Trump's Muslim ban is struggling? It is because the courts care about intent. That is also why we have differing charges for murder, due to INTENT.

did the person mean to kill them, or was it unintentional?

I am not asking you to like Pedro i am merely correcting a poorly informed poster who thinks it is all about the combination of words when millions of cases are won and lost, based not on the exact words but the intent of them.

Old 06-08-2017, 11:40 AM

21,634 posts, read 11,090,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyrallnamestaken View Post
They didn't want to say the President is not under investigation!!! BECAUSE, they are not finished with the investigation. They might find out that Trump was involved. Better to be cautious and wait until they are completely through before claiming Trump is innocent or guilty. This is how it should be.

So far, it doesn't look like there is enough evidence that Trump tried to stop the investigation. An I'm not a Trumpling!

The other thing, people who love this country on both sides should want an investigation into Russia's cyber hacking us. Because in four years if we find out that some foreign government is hacking us to prevent republicans from winning the next election, you can't change your mind about an investigation about hacking.
Then WHY DID COMEY SAY THREE TIMES TO TRUMP...You are NOT under investigation ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies