U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-08-2017, 12:07 PM
Status: "Buttigieg/Beto/Harris 2020!!" (set 15 days ago)
 
7,164 posts, read 2,875,405 times
Reputation: 6097

Advertisements

It was uncomfortable to watch. I like McCain.

I agree that Comey was trying to be kind with his answers. Also, I sense the anger from McCain was actually frustratation at himself because he couldn't make his point clearly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-08-2017, 12:07 PM
 
10,596 posts, read 12,092,834 times
Reputation: 6458
I don't actually think McCain has Alzheimer's, but he is old and he swaggered in there, for some reason, and tried to act like some hot-shot TV prosecuter trying to get a "gotcha" moment on Comey. That was very evident; however, due to his age and maybe a late night last night, he didn't have the mental acuity to pull it off.

I get where he was going: he was trying to draw some conclusion that Comey was treating Clinton better than Trump. But the comparison was apples-to-oranges. That he didn't get that is puzzling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-08-2017, 12:08 PM
 
Location: Finland
6,321 posts, read 5,562,447 times
Reputation: 10162
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
And you know this because ...? Why would they want Trump and not Hillary? That makes no sense at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Comey was very careful to give the dates for the occasions when he said Trump was not personally under investigation, Comey did not say that Trump is not currently under FBI investigation
Yes I noticed that. Comey was very very careful with his answers, I am quite in awe of his ability to remain calm and careful under pressure!

I'm not sure though that Trump himself is guilty of any collusion as I can't imagine he'd have managed to not blurt it out on twitter himself if he was...!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-08-2017, 12:09 PM
 
37,898 posts, read 14,764,101 times
Reputation: 24225
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
... He laid a very good foundation for the rest of the investigation to be built upon, and you conveniently forget, they are behind closed doors right now, hearing classified info not for our ears. We simply got the Readers Digest condensed version, they are getting the nitty gritty.
...
Yep.

"Showboat" Comey nailed it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-08-2017, 12:10 PM
 
Location: Living rent free in your head
30,893 posts, read 13,446,335 times
Reputation: 21997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
you do realize that if Trump had tried to obstruct justice, then Comey would be guilty of a felony for not reporting it right?
you do realize that if Trump had tried to obstruct justice, Comey would be guilty of a felony for perjury because on 5/3 after his conversations with Trump, Comey testified before congress stating that he had never heard of a president trying to shut down an investigation....
this is a nothing burger because if there was a there there and if Comey is a saint like you say, he would have said so on May3...
Nope...there is no law requiring the head of the FBI or any agent to report a crime based upon a statement made to them by either an informant or the suspect. They are entirely within their rights to use that information to gather further evidence which might prove or disprove the statements. PS where did you ever hear otherwise?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-08-2017, 12:10 PM
 
Location: Florida
21,623 posts, read 11,080,552 times
Reputation: 7870
Quote:
Originally Posted by London Girl View Post
At those specific points in time.

The investigation is ongoing and fluid. What was the situation in the past may - or may not - be the situation in the future.

Until it is concluded very little can be taken as "set in stone".

The public, at present, is just being shown fragments of a much larger picture.
Comey came out and said there is no case a prosecutor would take in the Hillary investigation. It was on going.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-08-2017, 12:10 PM
 
Location: Newport Beach, California
32,999 posts, read 19,960,878 times
Reputation: 12883
I have my doubts about him, but I hope he enjoys the rest of his days.

What people eventually find, is that no amount of power in the world can truly fill that void. (whatever that void is)

He seems like another power hungry person. As a Vietnam POW who suffered so much, it is extremely odd that he likes war THAT much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-08-2017, 12:11 PM
 
Location: Arizona
13,054 posts, read 7,781,906 times
Reputation: 6937
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Obama is gone. So no worries about that now.

You guys got nothing. Just like you had nothing when you said that Trump wouldn't even last through the primaries.
You're absolutely right. We overestimated the intelligence of the voting public and thought they would see the narcissistic, unqualified autocrat for what he really was.
How were we to know that lurking under the rotten political woodpile was a sizeable group of individuals who's main agenda was to destroy the pillars of democracy and the constitution by electing an egomaniac who is, this very minute, in the process of establishing one man rule.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-08-2017, 12:12 PM
 
Location: Living rent free in your head
30,893 posts, read 13,446,335 times
Reputation: 21997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Comey came out and said there is no case a prosecutor would take in the Hillary investigation. It was on going.
No, he said that at the conclusion of the investigation, not during the investigation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-08-2017, 12:12 PM
 
Location: Pixley
3,521 posts, read 2,233,783 times
Reputation: 1858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyrallnamestaken View Post
Trump is no threat to Russia. Trump likes and admires Putin. He willingly has Russians meet him in the oval office. Russia sees Trump as somebody that can easily be manipulated. Russia has always been an enemy of the US. THis is an advantage to Putin!
Also, why was the only change Trump requested in the GOP platform a softened stance on Russia?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:03 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top