Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2017, 01:51 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Even Judge Napolitano just said that Trump had a bad day and that Trump!s attorney did an inadequate job of rebutting
Comey for his client.

The mouth dropping moment for Napolitano? When Comey said that he though that Trump was offering a quid pro quo that he could keep his job if he dropped the Flynn investigation.

And he didn't stop the President and let the Non-Politician know, that wasn't allowed and then go directly to the DOJ and let them know what happened, so the new guy didn't try that again?

Comey contradicted himself over this several times over this.
Proving the memo's that he leaked, were composed after his firing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2017, 01:53 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,110,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Comey showed himself as a person not to be trusted. Leaking info to the liberal press.
Your opinion, and we obviously disagree...that's fine.

But I think most Americans, if strapped to a lie detector test, would say that Comey is more trustworthy than Trump.

Old 06-08-2017, 01:56 PM

8,079 posts, read 10,079,579 times
No wonder Comey was concerned about the Donald being a liar.

Old 06-08-2017, 01:57 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Even Judge Napolitano just said that Trump had a bad day and that Trump!s attorney did an inadequate job of rebutting
Comey for his client.

The mouth dropping moment for Napolitano? When Comey said that he though that Trump was offering a quid pro quo that he could keep his job if he dropped the Flynn investigation.

"He thought"?

Old 06-08-2017, 01:57 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,294,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
And he didn't stop the President and let the Non-Politician know, that wasn't allowed and then go directly to the DOJ and let them know what happened, so the new guy didn't try that again?

Comey contradicted himself over this several times over this.
Proving the memo's that he leaked, were composed after his firing.
Comey has witnesses that support he documented his meetings with Trump before his firing. He didn't just write up notes and keep them in his desk. As his meetings with Trump continued (and he had 9 in 4 months whereas he only met wth Obama 2 times in 8 years), he wrote up his notes and shared them in meetings with top staff from the FBI. It's not just his contemporaneous notes (which are of the type that are routinely entered into evidence in court); it's the coroboration provided by top officials of the FBI that Comey shared this information immediately after his meetings.

Last edited by Bureaucat; 06-08-2017 at 02:27 PM..

Old 06-08-2017, 02:03 PM

105 posts, read 53,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Incorrect. He may have violated other federal law.
Incorrect, and 'may' doesn't cut it. Which one and why?

Old 06-08-2017, 02:03 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,720,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Agreed. It was beyond stupid!
Which isn't to say that it didn't and doesn't have lots of competition in the stupidity challenge. As in....about a third of the posts here.

Old 06-08-2017, 02:06 PM

2,691 posts, read 1,667,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Totally agree. They just hang on for so long.

I thought it was sad to see McCain today. I've said it before but in the midst of aging parents and seeing dementia creeping in....the first steps are out of the blue you realize they aren't making sense.....and you can tell they know. I swear McCain knew he wasn't being coherent and he was trying to fix it but it got lost.

Pelosi is just bitter.

She needs to go.

We need term limits...please Republicans make it happen.
It is very sad to see someone with early stages of Alzheimer's or other causes of dementia. They know that they have the memory loss but just don't know how to hide it fully. They slip up. You know it and pretend not to notice it or try to blow it away and defuse their anxiety. They start talking about old events because it still persists in memory, but they cannot form any new memory. One day they cannot hide it anymore.

The problem is that neither the republicans nor democrats will agree on term limits. Once someone is there they do not want to let it go. So neither side will bring it up, discuss it or pass such a bill.

It was / is pitiable to see Thurmond, pork barrel Byrd, McCain and others go well past their due date. What is more worrying is the lack of age limits in the US Supreme court

Old 06-08-2017, 02:07 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,443,411 times
This baby killing freak needs to go hard.

He sold this country down so many bad roads in so many ways he deserves nothing from any of us.

I would say more but it's not appropriate here. I utterly despise him.

Old 06-08-2017, 02:10 PM

838 posts, read 1,120,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
He asked for honest loyalty.
You should go back and read exactly what Comey wrote. He said Trump asked for his loyalty: "I need loyalty, I expect loyalty." Nothing was said about honesty by Trump. Then Comey replied: "You will always get honesty from me." You see, there would be a big problem for an FBI Director to say he would be loyal to the President. That would imply that whatever the president wants the director to do, he would do it regardless of what it was. That is not how the FBI Director acts. If you listened to his testimony today, he explained all that. He cannot take sides by dropping the investigation against Flynn just because the president expects loyalty and asks him to let it go.

I have heard that people who have worked for Trump know that he expects complete loyalty to him. You cannot say or do anything behind his back to criticize him, etc.

I think Trump was trying to word-play trick by replying to Comey, when he said: "That's what I want, honest loyalty." Loyalty implies Comey will stand by the president no matter what, do something that is questionable or something that is against the law or against his beliefs.

If you really listened to Comey (I know that might be hard to do because you like Trump), he said he was not on anybody's side politically. That is how any FBI Director should be.

It bothers me that Trump kept asking for Comey's loyalty and having private conversations/dinner with him. I think Trump realized Comey was his own man and could not be bought (he would not agree to be loyal) and so he fired him. This is what appears to be the case by those who aren't afraid to speak out against Trump.

Whether this will get Trump in trouble, who knows. Unfortunately, those people who didn't vote for Trump and are trying to give him a chance, are probably having a hard time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies