Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2017, 04:24 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,472,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Very good that President Trump fired him. For an ex FBI director to leak memos, that shows hoe untrustworthy Comey is and was!
Absolutely! For someone without integrity like him, he should be fired.

I was sympathetic before, but now, I actually agree with Trump.

Since there's no crime or suspected crime being committed, for Comey to leak that memo is RIDICULOUS AND POLITICALLY MOTIVATED and completely UNETHICAL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2017, 04:24 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,458,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Wrong! Trump wasn't under investigation at the time. Comey refused to answer whether Trump is currently under investigation.

Big, big difference.
That is what I heard.

Old 06-08-2017, 04:25 PM

29,867 posts, read 18,704,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Dream on. No one expected a "bombshell", Comey is a reserved, intelligent, professional man and we knew he would simply state the facts as he remembered them. He was very kind to Trump, refusing to speculate on Trumps motives, and instead, saying "I will let the investigation decide that".

However, it sure looks like your Jim Jones has his tail between his legs. Never seen that arrogant SOB so obviously worried:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3xMRc_o4Zg
Yesterday you said you were expecting a bombshell and couldn't wait for the hearing.

Bad day for Snowflake loser crybaby butt hurt haters.

Old 06-08-2017, 04:25 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,459,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
The problem with Comey now is that he's lost all credibility. Of course the far left Trump haters still pretend his word is as good as gold.
How did he lose credibility? If you do not believe him then you also have to throw out him saying trump was never under investigation. Can't cherry pick.

Old 06-08-2017, 04:28 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,472,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Private citizen releasing non-confidential memos. Nope.
Completely untrue!

The memo was related to confidential conversation between two top officials in US. You would think that by nature must be classified. It may not be "classified" - I don't know that, but the confidentiality should be observed by any ethical person.

In private world, if you leak your private conversation with your boss, it's a fire-able offence.

Remember the non-disclosure agreement we signed? Comey signed one too!

33,510 posts, read 18,006,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
That is what I heard.
The day Comey was fired Trump was not under investigation.

5,277 posts, read 2,778,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
My rep button is getting worn out as many see that Comey is A BIG MESS! Good day for Trump.
Hmmm mutual m.....

Old 06-08-2017, 04:29 PM

2,813 posts, read 2,100,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Oh, dear. You do know the firing is the obstruction of justice, right?
Shockingly--SHOCKINGLY--far too many posters do NOT seem to be able to grasp that it's not just Trump's words to Comey ("I hope you'll let this go," for example) that could be interpreted as an attempt to obstruct justice, it's the fact that Trump literally obstructed justice when he fired Comey! The act of firing him, the way it was done, and Trump's statements that followed together prove that Comey was correct in interpreting Trump's "hopes" as orders to "let the Flynn thing go." When Comey didn't end the investigation, he was fired...

What was Trump's objective in firing Comey? To obstruct justice!

Old 06-08-2017, 04:31 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,778,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The day Comey was fired Trump was not under investigation.
Flynn was under criminal investigation and Trump tied to squash it. Further Trump showed no concern for Russian meddling in the US.

Old 06-08-2017, 04:32 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,743,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Most of the time there are several reasons why someone is fired. I think he was fired because he couldn't be trusted. Did you see my "Only." I am not agreeing with you. I had never heard what some of you said before. I usually look at the bigger picture.

It makes no sense to me that he would ask for any problems in his staff and then fire someone to get them to stop investigating. Sounds to me like he was ready to take care of any wrongdoing in his people himself. The FBI was basically holding the president hostage by letting lies in the press about his being investigated to keep going. FBI should be doing what is best for our country. It is not good for our president to be "under a cloud" for no reason.
The FBI investigation was to determine if there was reason for the President to be "under a cloud".

Giving the President a free pass to do whatever he wants to do, ignoring the possibility of wrong-doing is not doing what is best for our country. The FBI Director is loyal to the Constitution of the United States, NOT to the President of the United States. And that's EXACTLY how it should be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies