Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2017, 04:41 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,607,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
Comey laid a smackdown on trump. Brutal. Is he the first to call the president a liar on the official congressional record?
Sorry, but Comey looked pretty pathetic today.

What hearing were you watching?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2017, 04:42 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,530,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Most of the time there are several reasons why someone is fired. I think he was fired because he couldn't be trusted. Did you see my "Only." I am not agreeing with you. I had never heard what some of you said before. I usually look at the bigger picture.

It makes no sense to me that he would ask for any problems in his staff and then fire someone to get them to stop investigating. Sounds to me like he was ready to take care of any wrongdoing in his people himself. The FBI was basically holding the president hostage by letting lies in the press about his being investigated to keep going. FBI should be doing what is best for our country. It is not good for our president to be "under a cloud" for no reason.
Look at the Lester Holt video. You will hear it coming out of Trump's own mouth. You know he wouldn't lie

Old 06-08-2017, 04:42 PM

25,957 posts, read 22,107,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
If he didn't do anything wrong why is he worried? Most people wouldn't think they had "cloud" over their head if they didn't do anything wrong.
If you're talking about Comey, he did do things wrong, many things and has reason to be worried. He lost all creditability with the American people and his agency, that alone would make him do more questionable things just as it appears he did.

Comey is screw up, glad Trump dumped him, just wish he would have done it sooner.

Old 06-08-2017, 04:47 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,530,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
What rain? The few drops that fell is NOT considered raining by the experts.. I live in Florida. A few drops does not mean it is raining. We know when it is raining . We seek shelter when it is raining . A few drops and nothing more is a sprinkle and is not considered raining.
It was raining.
Trump Inauguration: Rain Starts During Donald Trump Speech | Time.com

Old 06-08-2017, 04:48 PM

4,660 posts, read 4,119,151 times
Default Do you Dems understand that you lost today and your fake Russian scandal is going to be a millstone around your necks?

Comey confirmed that:

Trump was never under investigation
He deliberately refused to inform the public that Trump was not under investigation
The investigation was not slowed or halted by Trump
Trump openly hoped that any members of his team who did wrong would be caught
He did not take the "move on" comment to be relative to entire investigation
Much of the "news" that has been released has been completely bogus from made up sources
Comey leaked his own memos
Loretta Lynch pressurred him regarding the Clinton investigation
He acsussed the press of ignoring the Clinton matter
Lorretta Lynch's behavior gave him a "queasy"feeling.

And yet I see threads and posts by the usual suspects claiming that this was somehow a bad day for Trump.

Do you understand that Trump just won the fight and buried the lying news media for good? This is the beginning of the end of the democrat-media complex.

This was a grand slam home run for Trump. Period.

Old 06-08-2017, 04:49 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,301,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Trump is easier to control.
Really? That doesn't fit with your narrative, the one that says he is a "loose cannon," etc. I think the Russians would have much preferred Hillary, because she was just like Obama, and she would not have built up our military, but continued to weaken it.

Old 06-08-2017, 04:50 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,004,475 times
Trump claims Democrats are blocking all his nominations -- especially ambassadors. I did a quick check just after -- 3 ambassadors were nominated in the week before....that's all.

I'm beginning to wonder if Mr. Trump is having a hard time finding people for his positions...so he blames the Democrats.

Old 06-08-2017, 04:51 PM

4,798 posts, read 3,507,757 times
Oh the left is grasping, grasping. If trump is as bad as the left says he is, he will falter somewhere, just not now.

Old 06-08-2017, 04:52 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,004,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Sorry, but Comey looked pretty pathetic today.

What hearing were you watching?
I thought he looked beaten but he was so quick and sure with his answers. He never hesitated. He was sure of what he was saying.

He wasn't lying. He is maybe not in a good place but he knows what he knows.

I can't believe that he has any good reason to slam Trump. I don't think guy is looking for fame and glory......I don't know.

I compare why Trump would lie to why Comey would lie. Trump has way more on the line and has a history of just lying and standing by the lie with the fact in his face.

Old 06-08-2017, 04:54 PM

24,476 posts, read 17,220,223 times
The whole Trump Russian collusion thing is nothing but a smoke screen to keep the country on edge and against the Trump administration.

I believe in the end that nothing will be found on the collusion or the obstruction of justice but it will not be good enough for the deeply rooted people who hate the fact that Hillary lost to a guy like Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies